Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Build 984

Discussion in 'Release 66 Feedback' started by Bedawyn, Jun 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Forced-update patches, *growl* *grumble* *growl* I WAS planning to spend today doing Highvale Outskirts with my new adventurer and trying to sell some stuff in town with my crafter, but nope, you've just decided I can't do either, since BOTH locations are now going to be too crowded with other people for my computer or my nerves to handle. Thanks a lot. Why are you trying so very hard to get rid of me???

Um, no? Haven't been there online yet, what with the forced-multiplayer and all, but I've been spent a lot of time exploring that beautiful monastery in offline mode. (I still want to claim that monastery and move in permanently.) There ARE no gates that were blocking access to monastery rooms.

There was one barrier that appeared to block access until the player used some common sense and climbed around it.

There was another gate -- I'm guessing this is the one you're referring to -- that blocked off a tower from people entering via a middle floor from the main monastery. However, you COULD still enter the tower. It just required some actual thought and some careful rock climbing to get down to the ground floor entrance, which was not blocked. Figuring out how to do that provided a real challenge and was a fun goal to set for myself, and it fit well with the idea that this monastery had been abandoned for ages. The rock-climbing portion was genuinely dangerous but did NOT require killing things, and the game needs more of that, not less.

If you've gone and removed that... sheesh. Between that and the blue highlights and detailed instructions in Solace Bridge on how to open a door and the players who handhold newbies through every little detail so they don't have to actually think or play or explore for themselves, why don't you just promote this for the kindergarten market? A game where the only challenge is figuring out how to make a living without being a warrior...

*grumble* *growl* *grumble* EVERY single time I start to have hope, the devs take it away again. WHY am I still here?

(Because the monastery IS beautiful, that's why.)

2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

*sigh* And now I just got the June login "reward." Wish someone had posted what it was before I claimed it. Yet more stuff that reduces the challenge and is no reward at all for someone who actually wants to play the game instead of trying to race through to the end as quickly as possible. And yet more stuff that can't be traded, can't be put in a container, and can't be destroyed. I either drink the damn thing although I don't want the effects, or I have to keep carrying it around forever and juggling it back and forth between my inventory and bank according to my encumbrance at the moment. In other words -- this was a login punishment, not a login reward.

*sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.