Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Feature request for crafters: item linking and 'copy item stats to book'

Discussion in 'Release 65 Feedback' started by Ancev, May 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

I've seen this in other games and have requested this in the past - but it would still be nice to link an item in chat. This would help crafters figure out if the new item/gear they are making for another player will have better stats than what the player is currently wearing.

Also, it would be nice if there was a feature that allowed a player to copy the stats of their currently equipped gear into a book, so players can send that book to a crafter which would help them when crafting new gear, and the player who is receiving the gear happens to be offline.

Perhaps the book format could be changed to accommodate illustrations with text.

So in this case, the book might contain an illustration (a picture of each piece of gear, which players can mouse over to see it's stats)

@Chris @Bzus

Kaeen and Amariithynar like this.
  2. Amariithynar

Amariithynar Avatar

I actually really like the latter concept, because we basically already have that in-game already with the crafting journal's recipes. Just change the information that it displays to that of the piece of gear you're linking. As for the former point- well, you can always write it down yourself, publish it, then use a printing press to make copies.

Ancev and Pifester like this.
  3. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Yup, you could also just take a screenshot of the gear and send to it the crafter on the forums. I prefer in-game methods though, more immersive. To tie onto the latter concept - maybe some sort of bulk order book. You add your current gear's stats to the book then mail or give the book to the crafter.

Ideally, you could drag and drop your gear directly onto a page and the book would figure out what type of item class it is (light or heavy armor, helm, chest piece, leggings, etc) the icon of the armor would be displayed and a short description of the item would be populated?

By dragging the item onto the page this creates an empty item shell/slot for new items to be inserted, and records the stats of the item that was dragged onto the page.

This gives the crafter a point of reference for creating the new gear. When the crafter completes a piece of gear, the new gear can be inserted into the slot, and it will show an item comparison between the 2 items. When all of the new gear is inserted into the slots, then the bulk order book would be completed.

Additional functionality might be - discarding old stats, so that a crafter could sell a new set of armor on a vendor. This might be the only type of book with the capability to view from a vendor so that players know what they're buying. This would also be useful if the player requesting the gear refuses to pay or other situations where the sale isn't completed.

Also it might be cool if the crafter could right click on the item shell/slot and select 'in work' to let the other player know that piece of gear is being worked on. This might send the player requesting the gear an in-game notification. Assuming both players are online this would be a communication cue so that both players know what's going on and if any changes need to be made/additional feedback.

I was also thinking there might be a way for the requesting player to cancel one of the item shell/slots in case they find a better piece of gear. I guess the books would need to be linked somehow.

Last edited: May 27, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.