1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Homes of New Britannia – Screenshot Submissions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Oct 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Merv DeGriff

Merv DeGriff Avatar

Welcome to Merv's Mage Tower. A quiet cliff side abode overlooking Yew, this modest residence is home to a tea loving, cranky mage named Merv. Our resident has used his Sun, water, and earth magic talents to cultivate some nice hedges, gardens, and several of the trees that the city of Yew is known for. In addition to Merv, the tower's other residents are an unkindness of ravens. Please, don't encourage their antics.

• The Front of the tower.
    • [​IMG]
    • Rear of the tower. Merv's friend Duvinn is planting a new crop for the fall.
    • [​IMG]
    • Merv's modest bedroom on the 2nd floor. The rug is a must in the winter.
    • [​IMG]
    • The upper portion of the basement, used for meetings and dining. Workrooms below are just a mess these days.
    • [​IMG]

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The lighting bug in Linux has finally been fixed and SotA looks beautiful again. :)

I decided to swap my stone 4-story row house for a knight marshal tower keep, as it looks more regal. The top floor isn't done yet and I can't finish the yard because I'm unable to re-place the gated castle wall piece due to a bug but here's some pics of what I have done so far.

Location is Parrot's Roost (-370.6, 96.2, 263.5). Just talk to the town crier and look on the list for Rodan's town lot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
  3. Bamboozle

Bamboozle Avatar

Background
    Welcome to Bamboozle and Ihuma Lofts! We provide a 'home away from home' for all avatars in the middle of Owl's Head. :) Over 30 avatars are now living and vending in our two lots! Here is a link to the full story. If you'd like to move in, please shoot me a PM!

I'm excited to enter my lot into this competition that sits on the road between the public vendor and blacksmith Theo/bank:
    [​IMG]

I'm using the 2 story wood and plaster home because I think it fits nicely with Owl's Head architecture and allows for a lot of outdoor space that can be used for a variety of things:

[​IMG]

Crafting Area
    We've set up a full set of founder crafting stations for the community to enjoy (this area is one of the crafting corners in the front of the house):

[​IMG]

Ihuma enjoying the sun on the balcony and overlooking the other crafting area (carpentry):

[​IMG]

Vendor Area
    Three vendors are set up for the community to enjoy (we sell anything from rares to various resources):

[​IMG]

The Wall
    I built a secret wall (ok, maybe not so secret anymore!) around the house. You can climb these steps, grab a drink at the sofa and enjoy the amazing Owl's Head view! Or jump down and shoot fireworks off the roof of the house:

[​IMG]

Inside
    Every room has a unique theme, and the two screenshots below show the study, den, and the kitchen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stop by and check out the whole home! Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    Duke Avery, Berek, shathiell and 28 others like this.
  4. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

Lady Addy's Elven Garden House

Sparrowfall is a small fishing village within the Phoenix Republic as a customs checkpoint between Xenos and Port Phoenix.

Sparrowfall - Loc: 56.1, 36.0, -127.4

It is here that elven refugees have settled in the village and as part of a cultural exchange have provided construction of the elven architecture as a showcase along the village riverwalk.

[​IMG]

Lady Addy has taken one of the smallest structures and has made it her garden house.
    On display are two elven round green houses where individual potted plants are grown.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The small elven house acts as a storehouse for seeds and seedlings alike and where she lovingly nurses plants feeling under the weather back to health.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A larger greenhouse is in the back of the property to grow an assortment of other crops.

[​IMG]

The garden house is open to the public all year long and the variety of plants is always changing during the different growing seasons.

Thank you for your interest.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  5. Killindor

Killindor Avatar

Perfectus Mori [-162.3,46.5,246.9]
    Art thou seeking refuge from this weary world? Knight Marshall Killindor of House Bloodstone beseeches you to join him at his Manor.
    [​IMG]

Lord Killindor, his serf Andrew and beloved dog welcome you with open arms and a hearty ale to warm your stomach.
    [​IMG]
    Come to the dining hall where a traveler's hunger may be quashed with a spread prepared as if for a king.

[​IMG]
    Perchance, afterward, a game of chess with a new found friend will clear thy brain.
    [​IMG]
    Words forever stamped upon the press, "“Do not depend on anyone in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness.”
    [​IMG]
    When company has left, one may find Killindor working diligently in his study throughout the night, amongst his potions and herbs.
    [​IMG]
    Else he may be sorting his vast treasures from around the world.
    [​IMG]
    And in his lonely times, Sir Killindor can be found strolling in the midst of his boneyard, conjuring memories of lost loves
    [​IMG]

6. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

The Hornpipe Estate is located in Britanny Wharf, somewhere near the shore.

[​IMG]

It's, a peaceful place, quiet, conducive to a life of comfort and meditation.

[​IMG]

My parents left me this house when they died. One of the things that struck me most when I took possession of it, it is all the greenery and flowers surrounding it.

[​IMG]

In the distance, you will certainly see this zeppelin that detonates in this natural landscape. And then, entering the banquet hall makes you easily think of something else : imagine all these tables covered with meats, frugal meals and mugs filled ! To tell the truth, it is a very versatile place, because it can accommodate a large number of bards and 3 pianists. Its 20 seats can be used to hold counsel, or trial.

[​IMG]

In the kitchen, the staff has everything needed to serve hungry bellies of the guests, as well as an access to the basement. The meat is stored in bags with salt and fish is kept fresh by the replenishing snowball box.

[​IMG]

If you go upstair, you will discover a small living room warmed by a roaring fire. There, you can relax on a plush sofa, listening a music of your choice.

[​IMG]

Right next door is the library, supplied with many books purchased in the Vyrin and Womby bookstore. Each books contains it's own story here, and my collection is just waiting to enlarge...

[​IMG]

A little further, is my workshop. This is where I tan animal skins, sew worn clothes, etc. And it is here that my servants sleep.

[​IMG]

There would be many other things to show, inside, as the bedroom, but it would hurt my privacy. Furthermore, I think my heritage is more conspicuous by the unique nature of the landscape it offers.

I have dubbed the view from the east balcony :
    [​IMG]

We see there almost a dozen of these very special buildings. The only time I feel sorry about that is when I fall asleep on the sofa, at night.

At last, but not least, the roof is offering me a spectacular view on the neighborhood entrance.

[​IMG]

Yes, one can say that it could have been worse for me.

Berek, if one day you visit Brittany, stop by my house. If I'm away, the key is under the doormat. And if you want to avoid taking an arrow in the knee, come during the day. Just saying...

PS : Praise the Kobold technology, without which some of these shots would not have been possible.

7. Nemesis2

Nemesis2 Avatar

Welcome to Nemesis' keep in Sanctus Solus on the island of Elad's Lighthouse loc: (231.0,45.1, 180.8 )
    As you enter across the bridge, turn right and follow the dirt path. Nemesis' keep is right next to the small ruined graveyard.

[​IMG]

Watch your step as you enter Puddin the cat likes to wander over and trip visitors or sit on the throne.

[​IMG]

It looks like some visitors stopped by for a dinner party!

[​IMG]

Nemesis announces dinner is almost ready to be served in the dining hall below. (Accessed though the hatch stairway in the pantry)

[​IMG]

The party moves to the throne room/council chambers below for a small chat while the tables are being set.

[​IMG]

Dinner is served!

[​IMG]

After dinner Nemesis checks on her special guests below.

[​IMG]

Then is off for a soak in her rooftop garden tub, powered by kobold ingenuity.

[​IMG]

Feel free to stop by anytime, I'm sure theres room in Nemesis' special place for you! muhahahahaha :)

8. Lumpygravy

Lumpygravy Avatar

I would invite each and all to come visit and view my village size lot located in Kiln, Just to the hard right as you enter, behind the best house spot, the 2nd best house spot? LOC Area: Kiln (Novia_R3_City_Kiln) Loc: (151.3, 35.0, 65.5)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TY to Nemesis2 or Nemesis (ingame) for the decoration services! If your seeking a great decorator I can totally recommend Nemesis!!!

TY ALL
    Grumpy OldGamer

9. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

[​IMG]
    Friends, Guildmates, and Outlanders alike I invite you to quench that incredible thirst after a hard days adventuring with a frosty cold beer at Owl's Head's finest tavern The Burly Mustache Pub & Brewery! Make your way to The Hidden Vale and the city of Owl's Head for the finest Beer, Mead, & Spirits just a short distance from the main entrance of town. Once you enter the city take the first road left off the main path called Lordsview until it ends and there you will find The Burly Mustache Pub & Brewery (Area: Owl's Head Loc: (-8.4, 63.2, -117.2)). Proprietor Sheamus McGuinness is well known throughout the land for his ale making, & of course ale drinking!, so it only makes sense that he opened the Burly Mustache.

[​IMG]
    The Burly Mustache Pub & Brewery sits at the end of Lordsview way in the city of Owl's Head. Sheamus's old dog Duke is always out front to greet newcomers!

[​IMG]
    The pub gets quite busy on a Friday night when locals and Outlanders alike take solace ina pint of ale after a long days adventuring.

[​IMG]
    Our bar is fully stocked with our own brews and spirits as well as popular brands from across Novia. Stubby the bar tender makes sure everyone's tankard stays full!

[​IMG]
    Patrons gather around the fire in comfy seats to enjoy a pint of house ale, a smoke, and sounds from the aether. Our house ale is literally brewed in THIS house!

[​IMG]
    Just up the stairs on the second floor we have our brewery where we make our house ale among other spirits. Just started a fresh batch of Owl's Head's finest!

[​IMG]
    We grow all our own barley, hops, and grain right here in our own back yard! This is part of our secret for a unique and tasty brew.

[​IMG]
    Once the beer is ready we put it in a keg and store it here in our store room. We source our water directly from the Owls Head river near by!

Thanks for stopping by The Burly Mustache Pub & Brewery!
    Stop by anytime and tell your friends!

Sir Grant, Berek, shathiell and 28 others like this.
  10. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Spooky House in Silverston Town (Access from Kingsport, first wagon to the left) is now open for scary tours. The silent corners of the house hold untold secrets and every visitor claims to have seen something that nobody else could. These visions haunt them for many days, after visiting the Spooky House.

[​IMG]

1. As you approach the house, you should notice the spooky webbed trees from far away. Some spooky events took place here long time ago.
    Spiders and eerie sounds are the only reminders of those old days.

[​IMG]

2. One of the house dwellers spent their last hours in this spooky study.
    [​IMG]

3. The spooky eatery, is where the owners of the house have kept their food supplies. Spiders still visit this place to enjoy some ancient stale food.
    [​IMG]

4. Spooky house was once well furnished and many neighbors have often visited the place. Long time has passed since then, and the place doesn't
    look so well any longer.

[​IMG]

5. Some strange events took place in this house, either the original owners, or someone else, who didn't fret to enter the Spooky House, participated
    in these events. No traces left of anyone, however, other than crumbling skeletal remains on the ground.

[​IMG]

6. These spooky events were of an occult nature, it seems, the candles still lit, even though it's been decades, since anyone entered the Spooky House
    for their last time.

[​IMG]

7. The Spooky House holds many secrets. One of the secrets is hidden on the second floor in the bedroom and, most likely, will never be told. Nobody
    knows exactly, what took place in this house, only guesses and whispers remind of the strange legends of the place.

[​IMG]

8. The Spooky House has a long history. But not many dare to utter it out loud. There are many legends, but none of them is entirely true, and yet
    each of those stories have a resounding mysterious motive
    [​IMG]

seanl68, Berek, shathiell and 17 others like this.
  11. Ihuma

Ihuma Avatar

Background
    Ihuma's Loft is a labor of love that started because I wanted to make a few coins in a place where avatars freely traveled and engaged in commerce. Located in the very heart of commerce, the Loft [Area: Owl's Head (Owls Head) Loc: (136.9, 70.8, 14.6)] has grown to be a community within a community. Today, @Bamboozle and I have collaborated to form the biggest community in Owl's Head, providing complimentary storage and vendor usage for all avatars whether you are a lone wolf with no home to call your own or an existing POT homeowner looking for a "home away from home" in the heart of commerce. More details can found here.

You will have seen Bamboozle's Loft several post prior on the cozy tavern concept. Ihuma's Loft is focused on showcasing our collection of rares and collectibles, consistent with our goal of collecting 1 of each item in this wonderful game.

Ihuma's Loft is also highly dynamic as we redocorate often to reflect the current season and festivities. We are now in the transition from Halloween to Christmas so you see that our exterior reflects exactly that! The 1st level is a fusion of both seasons and the 2nd level, which houses the storage for our community, spots an Halloween theme. At the highest level, a mysterious fellow can be found there... could it be more to the Loft than it appears?

Screenshots

The "Halloween" side of the Loft exterior...it appears that we have a guest from the bone man himself mocking us with his expert handling of multiple victims in what appears to be a juggling exercise.

[​IMG]

The "Yule" side of the Loft exterior... we celebrate what SOTA has become over the past three years. Looking at the gorgeous graphics, it's a marvel what our universe has become and what more it can bring to put a smile to our faces every single time we log on.

[​IMG]

Level 1 - This is the view you get when you enter the loft. The lighting is intentionally cozy as we express a fusion of "Halloween" and "Yule" within the confined space. You will find Jack O Lanterns generously littered all around the floor, coupled with elements of festivities from the Yule season.

[​IMG]

Level 1 - We have not forgot functionality over aesthetics. We have allocated a space for guests who enjoy crafting and a little musical expression through the piano.

[​IMG]

Level 2 - This is where our guests place their preferred storage boxes. We have come a long way since our inception in early October. Today, we have about 30 folks who are part of our community within the community. We currently spot a "Halloween" theme!

[​IMG]

Level 2 - The other corner with more avatar storage boxes. You see a particularly special one where @Glantor Edge has hidden his chest inside a hidden door, cleverly concealed by a "busy looking" study table. Oops... was I not supposed to say that? :D

[​IMG]

Level 3 - All may not be it seems in the Loft. Is that Bane...a Batman villain?! What is he looking at into the horizon? What is he doing beside a printing press? Watch this space...

[​IMG]

Berek, shathiell, Bom and 17 others like this.
  12. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

Posing in front of my little Keep at Xenos! Area: Xenos (Novia_R11_City_Xenos) Loc: (-154.3, 49.8, 161.8)
    [​IMG]
    My faithful companion Scooby with his huge ribs!
    [​IMG]
    First thing you see when you step in!
    [​IMG]
    Little musical corner
    [​IMG]
    Main dining area
    [​IMG]
    Cosy fireplace
    [​IMG]
    Nothing beats a little music to soothe the senses before going to bed
    [​IMG]
    Rooftop hangout for visitors to relax and enjoy the scenery
    [​IMG]

Berek, shathiell, Bom and 13 others like this.
  13. Obsidian Tempest

Obsidian Tempest Avatar

Greetings Lords and Ladies, My name is Obsidian Tempest a proud member of the Moongate Travelers. I present to you the Evil Eye Tavern. The Original Evil Eye Tavern was located in a far away land known as Catskills. Here in Rift's End, we have reopened the tavern to serve the living and the dead.
    [​IMG]
    Here we have the Outside as you approach from the Docks. Notice the recreation area to the right of the door.

[​IMG]

Evil Eye Barkeep serving patrons.

[​IMG]

What is a Tavern without a little entertainment?

[​IMG]

A bit of food and fun. The skulls in the background are of prominent members of the lands. We are always looking to add to our wall of fame.

[​IMG]
    Located on the Island of Rift's End a short run north of Brit. We are always open and all are welcome.

14. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I was hoping you guys would submit this:)

15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Welcome to S Mart, your one stop shop in Brittany Alleys.

We have a high volume vendor that is often running one day flash sales. Inside and in the basement there are furniture showrooms. There is a second vendor downstairs who carries our furniture inventory at the amazingly low price of Cost + 10%!

Located at 143.2, 44.6, 187.3 in Brittany Alleys (run straight from the entrance, last house on the left before the castle.)

We also have a catalogue to go along with the furniture showroom! Four pages of items are listed with our cost and your price! The contest doesn't allow UI screenshots you will have to come see for yourself!

[​IMG]

We designed the exterior to do five things, draw attention with the carpet and banner, make the vendor stand out from both approaches, draw attention to the catalogue on the desk, make the basement easily accessible, and draw visitors attention into the interior of the house.

[​IMG]

Those who find themselves drawn inside will find a chess board sitting area, and a back display room for art and the Darkstarr Moondial.

[​IMG]

To the right is an eatery complete with a cash register (scales) and cash box (Puzzle Box.) Unfortunately, whatever money we put in the cash box can't be retrieved.

[​IMG]

Upstairs we have a lounge area. As usual, everything you see is for sale. As with many crafted items, the Suede Set can be ordered to your specifications.

[​IMG]

In the basement Furniture Showroom, you will find more displays than we can post here. Pictured is our entrance, with the cost +10% checkout counter, as well as the Gothic Furniture set in the background.

[​IMG]

One nice thing about our showroom is the ability to compare decor. Here we have a more rustic dining room set.

[​IMG]

Here we have a fancier bedroom showpiece. Not pictured, but on the same floor, is a "workers cabin" style bedroom, with bunks and wall lockers at the foot of the bed.

[​IMG]

And finally, a mad alchemists work area. Not pictured are our photo studio and forgery station.

Come to S Mart and find something that looks great in your new house!

Berek, shathiell, Bom and 11 others like this.
  16. Cyin

Cyin Avatar

Welcome to the Night Gardens of Taenby Landing, My name is Cyin, and this is a Havoc Civic Production.
    Location:Area: Taenby Landing (PRT_forest_metropolis_01/Taenby Landing) Loc: (-44.9, 38.0, 284.8)
    As you enter Taenby Landing head East down the path toward the shore, the Night Gardens will be the first village on your right.
    [​IMG]
    The Night Gardens are best viewed at night time.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The Night Gardens at Dusk

[​IMG]
    From inside the Night Gardens

[​IMG]
    Even during the day the Night Garden catches your breath

[​IMG]

Berek, shathiell, Bom and 11 others like this.
  17. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

"The Sleeping Dragon Lodge"
    Location: Bladewyke (POT_underground_metropolis_01_template/Bladewyke) Loc: (104.6, 38.0, 330.5)
    Directions: Enter Bladewyke, walk to the public crafting stations, turn right (a.k.a. face south) and continue down the path. House will be on the left.

Sleeping Dragon Lodge is inspired by Swiss chalets and Rocky Mountain cabins that reflect a hunter’s spirit and yet gives a full sense of relaxation and luxury. A smile, mug of ale, and some well earned comforts is what every adventurer needs.

[​IMG]

The surprise, of course, is that this amazing mountain retreat is inside the giant caverns of Bladewyke! Close to the city Moon Tower, this retreat is a combination of tranquility and technology marvels.

[​IMG]

Your very first step in greets with a fantastic banquet and a large warm fireplace that can thaw the coldest of bones. Music and news are in reach as quickly a drink and meal. The comfortable sofa and chair are ready for the weary to rest. While inside, don’t forget to pet the clockwork cat, “Patches”.

[​IMG]

I’d like to thank Cyin, Governor Ruin, Nim, Rawkinn, and the rest of the Havoc guild for their support! Good luck to everyone who entered this contest!

Datendrache / Engineer

Berek, shathiell, Bom and 10 others like this.
  18. Obsidian Apprentice

Obsidian Apprentice Avatar

Welcome to the Dara Brae Inn. My liege, Lord Greagoir Pendragon the Duke of Dara Brae, tasked me to create the most natural inn available in Novia. I think I have accomplished my mission.

Inside of the Nature Reserve the Dara Brae Inn lies next to the Dragon Bone exhibit. A nice outdoor picnic area is there waiting for you to enjoy the views of the ocean.
    [​IMG]

Each visitor that wishes to stay overnight will find the finest outdoor rooms in the olde world style - a tent. Each tent has a bedroll and a fire close by. Feel free to sing while the sun does down. We have chests that you can call your own to store you gear or loot.
    [​IMG]

When you look inside a warm glow embraces you and invites you. This is important that all guests have a place to call home while visiting the inn.
    [​IMG]

Many amenities await you. Here we have two guests enjoying the piano together and having a grand ole time. You will never be alone with our finest animal decorations. You never know, they may sing along too.
    [​IMG]

We have a wide selection of books from local Novian and Outlander authors in our book nook. Or play a nice game of chess - just like Joshua wants to*.
    [​IMG]

A fireplace is always on making sure you are not cold when the nights get long or wet from a nice dip in the ocean. Pour yourself a nice pint of ale from the middle cabinet and listen to all the tunes over the air with our jukebox.
    [​IMG]

Thank you for visiting our tour of the finest inn in all of Novia.

* Joshua from WarGames.

EDIT - Fix spelling.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    yobtar, Berek, shathiell and 11 others like this.
  19. amaasing

amaasing Avatar

Hello. My name is Nikolaj Abildgaard. Being suddenly ‘dropped’ into a new world, the first order of business was to find a place to live. The Real Estate listing for this property piqued my interest and after purchasing the home I find it very peaceful and relaxing after a long day of adventuring. The eloquent 3 story home is located overlooking the quaint Hamlet of Breakers Landing which is a short distance SW of Central Brittany. The House is definitely a decorators dream with its grand entryway and two separate staircases. Highlights include 4 fountains, 8 fireplaces, separate Guest Quarters, and a Wine Cellar.

Directions: Enter the POT of Breakers Landing and follow the path to the Town’s Crafting area. Continue past the Crafting Area to the West end of the Lake. Take the trail NW and then the path to the East.
    [​IMG]
    The Outside grounds with Statue, four fountains, 2 entertainment areas, private patio, greenhouse with water well, and smokehouse/butcher shed

[​IMG]
    Formal Music Room overlooking the private patio

[​IMG]
    Cozy Dining Room with ambience and warmth from the fireplace

[​IMG]
    The Great Room features a gorgeous fireplace and flows easily into the Guest Quarters and the stately Library.

[​IMG]
    Guest Living Quarters with spectacular views and separate bedroom attached

[​IMG]
    Library / Trophy Room – great area for reading, chess, and smoking your favorite pipe

[​IMG]

Majestic Master Suite featuring an Open Fireplace

Berek, Bom, Leelu and 9 others like this.
  20. Sartassa

Sartassa Avatar

The presented house is the boatyard and toll house at the river of the small town Drachental in the north-east of Drachvald.
    As the need for ships is currently quite low, the boatyard also offers general carpenter and tailoring services.

Area: Drachental (POT_grassland_metropolis_01_template/Drachental) Loc: (102.6, 36.0, -121.0)

[​IMG]
    In front of the house the customs officer and his servant review your goods. The available boats are presented on the left of the building.

[​IMG]
    The lower floor welcomes the customer with a warm couch.

[​IMG]
    Next to door is the small office.

[​IMG]
    Behind the room divider is a small kitchen for the inhabitants.

[​IMG]
    On the second floor the actual crafting of the canvas (right) ....

[​IMG]

...and the planks (left) is performed. A confortable chair on the balkony provides a nice view on the entrance of Drachental.

[​IMG]
    The second floor serves at the same time as the bedroom of the owners of the boatyard.

[​IMG]
    Due to a small planning failure the masterpiece of the the boatyard is located on the roof of the building. Unfortunately no crane was available to bring it down to the river.
    The roof is at the same time used as banquet room for the friends of the Gemeinschaft der Drachen.

Berek, shathiell, Bom and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.