1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lord British Birthday Double XP Weekends

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

You, Sir, are in a serious minority....

THANKS PORT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Lace and Jaesun like this.
  2. Zeddicus Zorander

Zeddicus Zorander Avatar

Does this mean Friday Saturday and Sunday or just Saturday and Sunday?

Black Tortoise, Bink and FrostII like this.
  3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I think we'll have to start hosting events on weekdays instead of weekends.

Aeryk and Helvig Ingvildsdottir like this.
  4. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Lemme see.. sunshine outside...exp limited to 1mill per hour anyways... nope

5. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

Cool. The first time I played played I made a new character and it was double XP and I got used to it, have been slowing down, but now's the time to play again. You can tell when double XP is in effect when the oracle gives you 1,000 XP as opposed to 500. I hit level 49 at the end of the last double XP, then I logged in and it said I was level 46, can rings and necklaces that don't say "adventurer level" boost your adventurer level? Maybe I took them off and that's what happened, so now I'm only level 47 but, double XP makes it funner to play.

Lace likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

There's an adventurer level buff that you can get from one of the devotionals that is +3 to +5 depending on how populated the town is. Maybe you had that?

7. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Happy Birthday indeed!

FrostII likes this.
  8. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

Happy Birthday LB!!!

However, player run events will suffer. =(***

I waited for double XP to get over last time to begin hosting events again. Not to mention, Double XP burns people out. Maybe the burn out won't be so bad with only weekends, but events... All my plans for July are no more.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    Witcheypoo and Ravenscar like this.
  9. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

The group I run with enjoy's double xp's immensely, so you aren't speaking for the majority there by any means.

I think you're over-reacting there. It's plenty easy for everyone to schedule some time in-between xp gathering for an event they wish to attend..... I know my guild does just that !

Besides, there's more people playing during double xp's and I don't know anyone who grinds them every minute they're available - the attenuation takes care of that.

CatherineRose and Mac2 like this.
  10. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I like the switch-up to weekends. Keep doing all these different things now, and they'll become much easier later. We do need to know the NBT/UTC time of the start and end, though.

I faintly remember way back in R-twenty-something that there was some kind of daily XP bonus that gave you a multiplier up to some amount like 4000xp before it wore off. That was indicated with a blue status icon. However, I was new enough that I barely understood what it was doing.

Putting the remaining time in a tooltip or something else automatic would probably be difficult if the XP switch is manual. Changing the multiplier also requires you to change scenes, so when it hit zero you would just see the "scene closing in 60 minutes" prompt.

This makes me remember that FFXI had XP bonus items that would give you 1.5x or 2x XP up to a limit of added XP. One of the items was a ring with 7 charges (and rechargeable once a week) with a cooldown that made it usable once a day. But the FFXI XP curve was a lot flatter; just limiting to a fixed maximum bonus wouldn't work well in SotA's system. I think that XP bonus items such as multiplier rings and XP scrolls (mob drops that apply a few thousand random XP) would be good to add to The Big List.

It should a random percentage from 25%-100%, maybe a week of the percentage determined each day. I know it can't be quite that easy because of the need for a scene reload, but that would still be cool. Or maybe a random multiplier 1.0x-2.0x EVERY time you get XP, now that's chaos.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  11. Bambino

Bambino Avatar

@FrostII: With all this double XP since official release, might as well as make it the norm. It throws a wrench in everything. Especially when it comes up last minute.

Brewton likes this.
  12. vipkeldon32

vipkeldon32 Avatar

Very cool idea indeed! I didn't get much producer xp last time so I'll have to make up for it on the weekends.

FrostII and Lace like this.
  13. Anjulie Garett

Anjulie Garett Avatar

Dude, if you don't like the double xp, you do not have to play during that weekend. Why ruin it for those of us that like it? Don't want to take the weekend off? only kill half as much!

14. Floors

Floors Avatar

Happy Birthday to L.B. and Thanks

Witcheypoo, FrostII and Lesni like this.
  15. Lace

Lace Avatar

There is a buff from devotionals that boosts your adventure level that may have been it.

16. Glepo

Glepo Avatar

Excellent idea I second that.

17. Kinetic

Kinetic Avatar

After reading this thread I understand my opinion will be in the minority, but I feel directly after these double xp events I notice more players selling accounts or just leaving and not returning. Also the week after the event my friends list (the only way I know how to gauge how many ppl are online) is close to empty.

I realise this is entirely my opinion and I have no facts to back this up but I respectfully ask please be careful not to burn out the playerbase.

18. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I very seriously doubt that having double xp's would burn out very many Avatars....
    Most people I know absolutely love it - as they watch their characters grow. ;)

Witcheypoo and Cordelayne like this.
  19. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Actually, @Bambino , DS alluded to that in the last tele..... So, it may be coming already. ;)

Witcheypoo likes this.
  20. Kinetic

Kinetic Avatar

If these events have no effect on yourself or the group you interact with, that's great, enjoy the event, and bring more ppl in as I hope for nothing more than a huge population.

However after the last 2 events, the timing of seeing several avatars not log in again seems too coincidental. All I asked was that the people in control be mindful of the possibility of burnout. I am not here trying to hinder your progression @FrostII

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.