Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Love quest line, waiting for the new moon.

Discussion in 'Release 37 Bug Forum' started by OxNull, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

edit: here is a video demonstrating the bug I am experiencing. At 6:20 you can see it switch from afternoon new moon to afternoon waxing crescent moon
    https://www.twitch.tv/0xef2387/v/112780625

I am working the Love quest line and I am at the part where I have to go to Tower of the shuttered eye at a new moon at nightfall.

I have been trying to complete this quest all day. Whenever it gets to the new moon it doesn't go through a full day cycle. It goes to Morning, Midday, and then switches to the Waxing Crescent Moon. It never gets to Night time on a new moon.

Is anyone else having this issue?

It is kind of unfortunate to have to wait for the full moon cycle to see if I can get the quest to trigger. At least I'm learning all the moon cycles as I wait....

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. Raven Swiftbow

Raven Swiftbow Bug Hunter

@OxNull

That's an odd one! Thank you for reporting - bug entered.

OxNull likes this.
  3. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

You do not have to wait, you can go there anytime and that guy will be in the tower. You will see a test come up on screen saying come up.

4. OxNull

OxNull Avatar

Not from my experience. I went to him multiple times at multiple times of the day/moon cycle and he wouldn't trigger his dialog to run up to him. And talking to him lead to nothing but him saying he has to wait until after night. And the quest journal says a new moon.

I haven't tried again since I ran into this issue since it takes a long time for a new moon. I'll try it again once I log in again.

5. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Ohh maybe they changed it.

6. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

No, it still is not time dependent (Richard and I are arguing over whether or not we actually want to implement this aspect). In the meantime if you have the quest/journal entry to see him at the tower and have not already completed the quest once he will be in the tower whenever you enter.

7. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

My vote is for time dependent.

What would be awesome is if the Astrolabe could be used to alert the player of a specific event. For example, you're on a quest that is time dependent, so you equip your astrolabe and you can effectively set your alarm clock to when that event will occur taking out some of the mystery that would normally befuddle the average gamer, but maintaining the ultra cool factor of the timed event. This would also be very help in crafting. Like say you wanted to know the next time a certain event would occur, you just set your astrolabe for that alignment and it reports back something like "5 days, 20 minutes, and 40 seconds". As opposed to trying to figure out everything by sight. I'm not trying to make it too easy, just trying to make it "fun" and "cool" at the same time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.