1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Outdoor Fishing Ponds / Ornimental

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Sarek, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

Could we please have outdoor fishing ponds in differing sizes and style which can be placed on a lot, would like them to be "nice" with good animated wildlife (fish, birds, frogs etc), Lilly pads the whole nine please. Style could be based on themes - oriental, wild, formal garden etc

If we could add in a small boat we can move about when sitting (for the larger lot sizes) in it that would be the cherry on the cake. Use it as a prototype for mobile ships :)

Add in a couple of rare signature fish per pond version and I think you would have a winner, I know I would be buying deeds to expand the park at Beran's Reach!

2. Maya SaintClaire

Maya SaintClaire Avatar

Very cool idea @Sarek and ditto the "mobile ships"!!!!!

...and maybe someday I can ride my horse down to the pond to go fishing!

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Jaesun likes this.
  4. Sarek

Sarek Avatar

Animated water surface you can fish on with the deco would do, understand there wouldn't be a bank down to the water but with some clever deco around it the effect would be good I think.

Bryce Pallaton and Bedawyn like this.
  5. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Yep, that's what I was talking about with my suggestion about fake terrain decoration items. You don't HAVE to go underground. If the decoration pond is designed well, and the owner picks a good spot for it -- somewhere where the ground is already a bit lower than the surrounding area -- and the edges are camoflaged well, then it could LOOK like a natural pond. I wish I could drag everyone into OpenSim just so they can see the possibilities of what you can do with good mesh and good textures plopped on top of static terrain.

I think the problem here isn't the pond but the idea of adding real fish to it, since those are a crafting resource. But if they were just decorative, animated but non-catchable fish, that would be great. Even some ornamental ponds with clearly-above-ground stone borders would be a nice addition.

Bryce Pallaton likes this.
  6. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

There are already fishing grottoes and other fishing spots in player made dungeons.

I don't understand why anyone feels that owning a resource node should not be allowed. We already have Agriculture, which is an entire craft devoted to player-created resource nodes, and the aforementioned fishing spots. But for some reason it's sacred that no one should ever own cattle for hides, or be able to plant, water, and harvest a maple tree, let alone have even a single copper node in your mine-style basement!

Bedawyn likes this.
  7. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Oh, it's definitely not me that feels that way, although I thought the devs did. Perhaps I was wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.