shroudmods.com - Mod Manager / Lua infos

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by DavidDC, Jan 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Hey guys, just wanted to mention that i started this project to create a kind of repository for all mods and also a helpful site which will show examples scripts, how to code in lua, api reference etc. It also contains a mod manager which i just created too! The mod manager will simplify everyone life by installing, enabling/disabling/removing/updating mods directly with a click!

One thing to remember, this is all super beta! Still alot of design work to do on the mod being show on website and details like that! Only me and 1-2 more guy has been testing it so far, so you are welcome to do so if you want! The MOD Manager is in the extra tool section, there only an install wizard for windows right now, more will come later. For those getting the zip file, you just extract it and run the SOTA Mod Manager.exe directly.

Any bug reported is well appreciate! While you cant really see any error message in the mod manager since i still have to catch many error, just give me an example of what happened or how you did it and ill find out!

Enjoy! :) https://shroudmods.com

2. DavidDC

DavidDC Programmer Moderator SOTA Developer

Windows smart screen - If you are downloading the Zipped file in windows, you will get a defender warning saying unknown publisher when running sota mod manager.exe. I searched on the net how to get rid of that and the only solution seem to have enough people accept that term to be recognized by the windows smart screen (Info gotten from stackoverflow). So yeah, those that doesnt trust, well, trust! ;P

The installer thought, will give a worse warning when trying to be downloaded from chrome or certain browser because it is a executable file. Probably zipped it would change it but yeah, ill probably get ride of it as i dont find any solution for the mac/linux versions beside using Java which is not in my options.

So yeah just wanted to inform you guys that its "normal" i guess.

edit: found out i can self sign my app with the certificat i bought from website to increase the "score" for smartscreen, ill try to do that for further versions.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    Anpu, Rinaldi and Elgarion like this.
  3. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Nice! I have a to-do now to add it to both the link list on forums and sotahelp.org. Thanks for working so hard on this stuff @devilcult

Anpu, Rinaldi and devilcult like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.