Starting different questlines...

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by Aord, Dec 3, 2019.

?

How would you recommend to take on these questlines?

Poll closed Dec 17, 2019.
  1. One by one, man!

50.0%
  2. Start them all at once!!!

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aord

Aord Avatar

What is the best way to do the three virtues questlines?
    I started Love but Necropolis is a roadblock for me at the moment. Was it meant to pick all the three questlines at once to finish easy steps first and return to harder steps later? By the time you complete the first questline, would other two become too trivial?
    I am a returning player, I tried only part of the Truth before and that questline hadn't been fully developed back then, so I am kinda scrambling in the dark here.

P.S. Looking for a light-medium RP guild here :)

FrostII and Cordelayne like this.
  2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If I am recalling correctly, they we designed to be done in tandem.

What I would suggest you do, is just stick to one of them. For example the Love one. Just keep completing tasks related to that. As you continue on, you will then need to go to high level areas (Tier 4 and 5). Go ahead and explore these areas and see if the area is a little difficult to do currently, then switch to the other 2.

As you continue on the other ones, continue to build up your skills.

All 3 virtue quests end up in Tier 5 areas.

A great way to tell when you are ready for those Tier 5 areas is go into Craig Foothills (this is near Etceter). If you can make your way comfortably from the default entrance to the mine entrance located in the scene, you are ready to finish the 3 virtue quests.

If you are wondering how to build up your character, be sure to make a new post about that. We are always happy to help here and offer advice.

Johnwick, Aord and Cordelayne like this.
  3. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

1. It's equal, which one you start (unfortunately new players have no choice - they are forced to love path).
    2. I would recommend to do the whole Outskirts and after (like Arabella is telling us) to go to the next Path and doing all Outskirts.
    3. After all Outskirts are done, you can go on with any path. I recommend truth at first, Courage second, love at last.
    4. Do all quests you find on your current path. There are alot of them - not necessary for main path, but necessary to get experience [not only experience points ;)]
    Doing so a player earns knowledge about the lands, lore and raises skills ...

Anpu, Aord and Cordelayne like this.
  4. shadtek

shadtek Avatar

Heh, you think necropolis is bad?
    Wait until you have to go to Midras.
    I actually made a post about this, and how it could cause new players to quit.
    Sure, you can run all 3 at the same time, but if you do you will find that your quest journal is fragged.
    This is a real problem and new players will move on to something else because of it.

Aord likes this.
  5. Paladin Michael

Paladin Michael Bug Hunter

That's unfortunately true.
    Hopefully, the Quest Journal work will be done as soon as possible...
    I posted some thoughts about here ...

Aord likes this.
  6. shadtek

shadtek Avatar

What is the point of even buying chapter 2 if you cannot clear chapter one?
    What is the point of adding more confusion to an already fragged Quest Journal?
    I sure will not buy it until something is done about that.

I get it that there has to be a goal to make money, but you do that by delivering a product that is functional.

7. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Are you having an issue where you are unable to finish the Chapter 1 quest-line? I'm unaware of any such issue presently.

Also, as just posted here, there will a new Quest System in place this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.