Are Aldurite Crystal Clusters Still Dropping?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Schulz, Apr 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schulz

Schulz Avatar

I have taken at least 12 distinct trips to the Wells and have not had a cluster drop.

If someone has mined one in the past week, could you let me know if you got one?

Thanks

Van

Elgarion and FrostII like this.
  2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

saw your post, teleported and ran through. hit 20 nodes, got 51 fragments and 0 clusters.

...but since you can trade in fragments for clusters, that should be plenty?

Net, Elgarion, FrostII and 1 other person like this.
  3. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

Can you trade in for more than one cluster a day? I thought that was a daily. Which needs 20 fragments for that cluster. And you need about 6 or 7 to get from front gate to wyverns.

Net and FrostII like this.
  4. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

You should be able to unlock the balloon platform "entrance" in the middle of the scene in order to skip some moving platforms. If this isn't working for anyone, please let me know.

FrostII and Anpu like this.
  5. Gwendolyn Obscuro

I can do that and then you only need 3 clusters to the end. But I just confirmed you can only turn in one set of fragments to get 1 cluster a day. If clusters aren't dropping that is certainly a bug because you could only get to the wyvern platform every 3 days. And so far the 20 or so crystals I have mined have confirmed what Shultz and Alley saw- no clusters only fragments.

Edit: mined all the crystals I could starting at each balloon twice (not using clusters to test if its bugged lol) and did not find any clusters. In the past I would have gotten probably 6-8 clusters out of 40 or so nodes.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    FrostII likes this.
  6. Sannio

I realized the zombies weren't mentioned yet, so I wanted to list the ways which avatars can obtain Aldurite Clusters.
    1. Harvesting a Medium Aldurite Crystal
      1. Normal success always gives 1-3 fragments and a low chance for 1 cluster.
      2. Meticulous success always gives 1 cluster with a low chance for a second cluster, plus 0-3 fragments.
    2. Having the Aeronaut convert 20 Aldurite Fragments to 1 Aldurite Cluster.
      1. Limited to once daily.
    3. Looting zombies on the "dry fountain" platform.
      1. Small chance for 1 item, which will probably be a fragment but has a low chance to instead be a cluster.
    4. [EDIT] Find someone willing to share or trade a crystal.
    Also, thanks for all the feedback so far. Based on your feedback, I'll probably add a chance to get fragments and clusters from the destructible crates on the dry platform, as well as think about some way how I can guarantee avatars get 1 or more clusters with a "full sweep" of some areas of the scene.

[EDIT] Added "Find someone willing to share or trade a crystal" to the list.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    FrostII, Schulz, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  7. Gwendolyn Obscuro

[QUOTE="Sannio, post: 1317404, member: 153447"

Meticulous success always gives 1 cluster with a low chance for a second cluster, plus 0-3 fragments.

[/QUOTE]

Please check that this is still set correctly. I had several meticulous collections and got no clusters. It was working correctly in the past something seems to have broken. And just for feedback - while it is good that the zombies have a chance to drop clusters there is no way I would stop to kill them unless it was 100%. I'm sure that isn't the case for some builds but for me they take too long to be worth killing so I run past them (which works fine if I can get clusters from mining).

8. Sannio

Since this morning is an "aldurite crystal morning," I made a change for most crates in the Well of Aldur area to have the same odds for fragments and clusters as zombies currently do (small chance for 1 item, which will probably be a fragment but has a low chance to instead be a cluster). However, there will be a few randomly-placed crates that have a 100% chance to drop 1 cluster.

I'll look into it.

9. Sannio

It occurs to me that you might have hit the allowed limit of clusters. Aldurite Clusters have a inventory count limit of 8. You probably already had that in your inventory. I think it's probably OK for me to remove that limit for next release. That change should also help cluster collectors.

Alley Oop, FrostII and Barugon like this.
  10. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Yes I did have 8 in my inventory so that must be the issue in my case, the others would need to confirm that was their issue too.

Thanks for the information Sannio! Though I would certainly have a higher limit if there has to be a limit at all.

FrostII likes this.
  11. Schulz

Schulz Avatar

Thanks Sannio, I do have 8. I try to save them to do the roost battle. I'll try it today to see if I get any after I am below 8.

Van

FrostII likes this.
  12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What was the rationale for the limit?

Schulz and FrostII like this.
  13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Yes, I'd also like to know the "rationale" behind this (and a ton of other stuff - but that's a different thread I reckon ).

Schulz likes this.
  14. Sannio

To make progress through the zone harder while promoting group cooperation. It's better to start with more restrictions and ease up if appropriate, than to impose more restrictions after you realize a situation is too easy.

15. Net

Net Avatar

I am pretty sure I rarely got a cluster even if I had 50 in my inventory, but they do drop way less than they used to. Maybe once for every 100 fragments.
    Also, there is daily quest to trade 20 fragments for 1 cluster at the second NPC.

Yeah, seriously, if you really heavily invest in a speed build, you can jump most gaps and turn the wheel on the other side that has cluster in it :p But it is hard, because you have to jump over really annoying invisible walls, which you cannot see.
    I need only 1 cluster from the middle balloon to wyverns, though I am pretty sure it can be done with 0 if you manage the jump from the focus draining platform, that one is tricky, I cannot sprint properly while air eles are stunning me and I run out of focus.

EDIT: Can we please trade cluster and fragments? I am doing the quest mostly for xp, but I am already having like 80 clusters and 400 fragments...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.