Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Bank: nested container behavior is frustrating

Discussion in 'Release 69 Feedback Forum' started by Echondas, Sep 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

09/17/2019 10:33
    Title: Bank: nested container behavior is frustrating
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? NO just annoying
    Details: double-clicking nested containers in a bank that are NOT in the same 'Deposit Location' as the player accessing the bank, will cause the container to be moved into the player's inventory instead of opening - the player then must find the container in their inventory, and move it back to the bank - then double click it again, to access its contents
    Steps to Reproduce: See above - thanks to @Pora ingame for pointing out how to avoid this behavior (move nested container slightly in the item list, so the 'deposit location' changes to the same as the player location - then you can double click without taking the entire container.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3550 @ 3.07GHz (8) System RAM: 24573
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 GPU RAM: 1979
    SotA.Win.64.1041.Date.09.13.19
    Area: POT_desert_metropolis_01_template/Bladewyke
    Area Display Name: Bladewyke
    Loc: (146.8, 36.1, 262.2)
    Debug: UE9UX2Rlc2VydF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEJsYWRld3lrZXwoMTQ2Ljg0NywgMzYuMDk1LCAyNjIuMjI5KXwoMCwgLTAuODQ4LCAwLCAtMC41Myl8MTQwLjkwNjN8MjkuOTc4NTV8OC45Mjk5OTg=

Spoon, Bryce Pallaton and Bedawyn like this.
  2. Bedawyn

Bedawyn Avatar

Given that some nontradables are still not placeable on lots and that none can be put in containers (and thus they need to be stored in the bank) and that alts share the same bank account, having a cluttered and too-full bank account seems to be the norm even for those of us who would prefer a more streamlined lifestyle. So using containers to organize the bank's contents is really important. I run into this behavior sometimes several times a day. Yes, we can just put the container back in the bank again -- but it's one of those little "Why are you causing me unnecessary hassle? Repeatedly?" things that degrades quality of life. Please fix it!

Spoon likes this.
  3. Bryce Pallaton

Bryce Pallaton Avatar

I'm in the habit of immediately selecting all the containers in my bank, and dragging them into my inventory and back to the bank so that I don't have the hassle of having to scroll up and find the container that was just transferred into my bank. Most other people I play with do not do this, and I hear complaints about this "feature" quite often. This is one cause of the "my items are missing!" problems that plague us.

It seems that the location you stored things in the bank was important at one point (presumably you could only withdraw things from the place you put them?), but is no longer relevant. There is no difference between putting something in the bank in one town or another. As a result the game should behave identically whether you are in the place you stored the container or not. And that behavior should be that the container is opened, not taken into your inventory.

If there is some behind-the-scenes problem with opening a container that is "elsewhere", I suggest the behind-the-scenes solution is to "move" the container into the bank at this location, and then open it.

Spoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.