Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Cannot place Castle Banner

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Micmatty, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

07/13/2018 17:49
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker?
    Details:
    I can't seem to place a castle banner on my small old keep outside wall or atleast I cannot find a green spot at all. Intended or bug?
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz (4) System RAM: 16327
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 GPU RAM: 4052
    SotA.Win.64.805.Date.07.10.18
    Area: POT_swamp_metropolis_01_template/Port Phoenix
    Area Display Name: Port Phoenix
    Loc: (-322.9, 66.5, 207.5)
    Debug: UE9UX3N3YW1wX21ldHJvcG9saXNfMDFfdGVtcGxhdGV8UG9ydCBQaG9lbml4fCgtMzIyLjg2MiwgNjYuNDgsIDIwNy40ODUpfCgwLCAwLjYxOSwgMCwgLTAuNzg1KXwyODEuMzM2M3w5LjgyMjY5fDEwLjE3ODQy

Player comments: I assume we can have banners there because of this image ( https://i2.wp.com/ultimacodex.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/sota-Knight11.jpg ) I came across which is also same look/style my house is and the castle banner don't seem any bigger or longer then the banner on the house in the image.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  2. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Serafina it would seem this doesnt seem to be tagged as an outside deco item, as it doesnt even act like deco outside..

3. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

4. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Micmatty there are a long number of long time bugs. Sadly somethings such as decos are deemed a lower priority. In this case it wasn’t placed in the bug forum so probably never got logged.

I have the almost identical house to you and I know I can hang things off it. So I do feel for you. Hopefully this time round the fact this is in the right forum etc @Serafina will see it and hopefully it will get investigated

5. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

@Micmatty Some of the older homes don't have ideal spots to hang stuff on walls. From the notes I see for this particular house, the art team simply could not find a good solution for allowing external wall deco to be hung on this house because the wall surfaces are uneven.

6. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

@Serafina I understand that but then why is it the other houses with the same design are able to do outside deco? #confused

I'll also like to add that there should be a disclaimer then when buying some of these houses cause as much as this house may not cost alot alot of gold still enough that I would of not bought it knowing it had issues and probably will never be resolved unless the house it self is redesigned.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  7. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Micmatty Im sure there are explainations such as the external decorations werent about when it was designed but as you say

I have the 2 story keep with corner turret , which looks remarkably like yours in fact I think the only real difference is inside the bit to the left inside the door has a corner bit at the base of the turrety thing where mine is filled in

I can deco mine with anything I like (I didnt have a banner to stick on it for you but, I am assured they do go on it)

[​IMG]

8. Micmatty

Micmatty Avatar

@liz_the_wiz I have one near my house and have look at it and gone inside the only difference I noticed is internal, the floor isn't rusty looking, there are walls on the stairs instead of them being open but the outside is exactly the same to the moss and the tips on the top of the house, to the window placements etc....

Now that I go back and looked at both the only other difference I notice is that the base wall on mine is curvy and yours is straighter but the top I think is exactly the same anyways tho I'm at a loss of what to do kind of sucks I will have to spend more money to get another place so things work right. I know this sounds like a small issues and maybe it is but housing is one the core features that drew me to this game just like UO it is amazing having a home to go back to after you killed and loot mobs to add all the rewards you got to your storage etc...

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  9. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Sadly I hunted my fave places and although I found a log house at an amazing rate so although I dont need it I bought it, I couldnt find one for you.. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.