Catnip Games Monthly Fishing Tourney

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Elgarion, Apr 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sole

Sole Avatar

@Elgarion @Trinity Looks Like Devil's lair is still salt water town.

Sonja and Elgarion like this.
  2. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Uh oh! Part of the reason we have 3 POT locations each round, just in case people forget to update their statues. People will forget understandably on occasion, but if @Trinity needs to borrow a statue, just gimme a holler :)

3. Elgarion

Week 32 is upon us! Week 31 winners will be determined shortly and announced sometime during today's livestream at 4PM CT on Twitch. All week 31 prizes will be delivered by Tuesday at the latest, most likely Monday. Here's the details for Week 32 -- good luck Anglers!

FISHING PRIZES & OBJECTIVES:
    All prizes will be no-trade. Players may donate additional prizes in the name of their guilds or towns to sweeten the pot. This event timeframe is Friday the 11th at Noon CT to Friday the 18th at Noon CT, and these are the prizes and goals for the indicated week:

Largest FRESHWATER Fish (Town):
    -- Rules: Must be caught from one of these towns. Governors can request a loaner water conversion statue to meet water requirements.
    -- Prizes: Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed, Large Gold Fishing Trophy

Rinzai (@Griffler)
    Knightmare Falls, Mistrendur East Island (@shadowvice)
    Outlander Welcome Center, Novia Near Soltown (@Bayard)

Largest Fish (PvP):
    -- Rules: Must be caught in Kas Ruins
    -- Prizes: 2 Chained Obsidian Shard 3-Packs, Large Silver Fishing Trophy

Largest Lava Fish:
    -- Rules: Must be caught in Blackblade Foothills
    -- Prizes: Fishing Rod of Prosperity, Large Bronze Fishing Trophy

Participation Prizes:
    -- Rules: Everyone who caught at least 1 trophy fish in this week's locations
    -- Prizes: Small Silver Fishing Trophy

CROSS-OVER EVENTS:
    Prizes provided by the Community Manager will be available for participants and winners of the Fishing event, but governors, guild leaders and players are welcome to sweeten the pot by providing additional prizes based on objective criteria entirely of their own design. In fact, please consider planning events to overlap the duration and chosen weekly locations of the PvP and Fishing developer events. Please post these events in the in-game events forums and the Community Manager will promote accordingly. Please submit links to event threads which take place in the spotlighted towns, PvP zone or PvE zone.

Current Crossovers:

-- Knightmare Falls: Head on over to Knightmare Falls and compete for extra prizes which were indicated by Tellana in this forum post on the official forums.

NEXT WEEK'S ROUND OF POTs:
    To aid governors better plan, the next round of POTs to compete (saltwater) will be from Noon to Noon, Friday to Friday, December 18th to December 25th:
    Fallin' Green (@Chirp)
    Whyte Roc (@Cypher Black)
    Brittany Fort (@Sonja)

4. Sorgin Txakal

Sorgin Txakal Avatar

Hi @Elgarion

I have a small request I hope will be considered as a means of increasing participation in the weekly PVP fishing tournament if there are plans to continue it through next year. I think these suggestions will help grow the PVP community or at least encourage people to give PVP areas a try.
    • Currently there is no lava fishing location in the PVP rotation
      • Blood Bay remains out of rotation, yet has lava flows.
        • Like The Brave Coast, Blood Bay represents an awesome blended PVP area with player housing I am sure most newer players aren't even aware of as I just myself discovered these places recently.
      • Perhaps rotating between freshwater fishing locations and adding in blood bay to the overall rotation
    • Many people are tepid about the idea of PVP for fear of losing items
      • Opalis Ruins is a good introduction area to PVP, perhaps a small lake can be added in it somewhere?
      • Maybe instead Brave Coast could be toggled to no ransom and level capped so there is one PVP scene with player housing that is level capped and one that isn't?
      • Or maybe another scene, currently in rotation could be made just level capped and no ransom
    • Maybe a unique title for an angler able to pull off a hat trick in a single week - win all three fishing contests
      • I know there are already fishers attempting this just for the prestige of it, maybe that honor can be delayed further by making a special super rare title to be worth fighting over?
    Anyway, been loving the fishing contests, the new title, and the added fish this year. Just some thoughts as to how the PVP aspect of the contest might be made a bit more active.

Thanks for the contest and considering!

Sonja, Sean Silverfoot and Anpu like this.
  5. Elgarion

Alrighty, I'm a little late posting this, apologies -- here's week 33's objectives:

FISHING PRIZES & OBJECTIVES:
    All prizes will be no-trade. Players may donate additional prizes in the name of their guilds or towns to sweeten the pot. This event timeframe is Friday the 18th at Noon CT to Friday the 25th at Noon CT, and these are the prizes and goals for the indicated week:

Largest SALTWATER Fish (Town):
    -- Rules: Must be caught from one of these towns. Governors can request a loaner water conversion statue to meet water requirements.
    -- Prizes: Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed, Large Gold Fishing Trophy
    Fallin' Green (@Chirp)
    Whyte Roc (@Cypher Black)
    Brittany Fort (@Sonja)
    Largest Fish (PvP):
    -- Rules: Must be caught in Dysborg Ruins
    -- Prizes: 2 Chained Obsidian Shard 3-Packs, Large Silver Fishing Trophy

Largest Lava Fish:
    -- Rules: Must be caught in Blackblade Pass
    -- Prizes: Fishing Rod of Prosperity, Large Bronze Fishing Trophy

Participation Prizes:
    -- Rules: Everyone who caught at least 1 trophy fish in this week's locations
    -- Prizes: Small Silver Fishing Trophy

CROSS-OVER EVENTS:
    Prizes provided by the Community Manager will be available for participants and winners of the Fishing event, but governors, guild leaders and players are welcome to sweeten the pot by providing additional prizes based on objective criteria entirely of their own design. In fact, please consider planning events to overlap the duration and chosen weekly locations of the PvP and Fishing developer events. Please post these events in the in-game events forums and the Community Manager will promote accordingly. Please submit links to event threads which take place in the spotlighted towns, PvP zone or PvE zone.

Current Crossovers:
    -- No Crossovers Announced

NEXT WEEK'S ROUND OF POTs:
    To aid governors better plan, the next round of POTs to compete (fetid water) will be from Noon to Noon, Friday to Friday, December 25th to January 1st:
    Beran's Reach (@Duke Vallas [BEAR])
    PaxLair (@Sean Silverfoot)
    Novia Market (@Adam Crow)

Also, for those that missed week 31 winner announcement:

Week 31

D'laein Lachlan, Sturgeon, 2.715 (Rock Ridge)
    POT Towns (Player Owned Town Row Lot Deed, Large Gold Fishing Trophy)

D'laein Lachlan, Tiger Shark, 4.721 (Verdantis Shardfall)
    PvP (2 Chained Obsidian Shard 3-Packs, Large Silver Fishing Trophy)

Indigo LoveJones, Mosasaurus, 6.321 (Vertdantis Mines)
    Lava (Fishing Rod of Prosperity, Large Bronze Fishing Trophy)

We'll get Week 32 announced today during the stream -- happy fishing, anglers! :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    Sorgin Txakal, Sonja, Anpu and 2 others like this.
  6. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

PaxLAir will definitely have a crossover. Will get the post ready for next week

Sonja, FrostII and Lained like this.
  7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Excellent Sean !

Sonja and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  8. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Brittany Fort is not set for Salt water. Its doing fresh

Elgarion, FrostII and Sonja like this.
  9. Elgarion

@Sonja Belladonna noticed your saltwater statue isn't placed -- let me know if you need a loaner :)

Sonja likes this.
  10. Elgarion

I changed everywhere that says Blackblade Passage to Blackblade Pass -- for whatever reason that underworld location didn't use the Passage naming convention. Thank you for that nudge, @Lained

Net, Wilfred, Sonja and 1 other person like this.
  11. Sonja

Sonja Avatar

Season's greetings everybody!

Thank you very, very much @Belladonna Rose and @Elgarion for reminding me and helping me during this busy holiday season! ♥ The water in Brittany Fort has now been magically changed to saltwater for all to enjoy some salty sea fishing in the snow. :p

I've had an ongoing $100,000 gold reward for the largest fishy caught at any time in Brittany Fort since long before Elgarion's wonderfully managed fishy events and the water type could be magically changed, but unfortunately I probably haven't been the best publicist for that ongoing reward, as I think the only fishers I'm aware of that pursued it were Taikee Vetrae (@MrSonja), Strider Green (@Strider99), Elmo (@redfish), @Phamyns, @Nubby, @Alpha Fishstick, and probably @Flair and @Irishize too if I had to guess:

✨ Please send me a note if you've been pursing my $100,000 gold reward at any time and how close you've come. I'd be delighted to hear from you and learn who's actually participated, but just didn't catch a fishy large enough to give me.✨

Since the water type can be changed now and there are many more fishies now, I'll extend the ongoing $100,000 gold reward to the largest fishy caught of every type of fishy in Brittany Fort from now until eternity. :) These record holding fishes will be recorded in the above quoted topic, nicely cared for and safely on display for all to see in Brittany Fort in a magical invisible aquarium. :p

I wish you all the very best of luck and a wonderfully fun time fishing with friends and don't forget to save your largest fishies for me, and I'll begin preparing a list of the current records to beat.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Yours truly,

Governor Sonja Solar

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    Past Blue Ribbon, Anpu and FrostII like this.
  12. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

@Elgarion Blackblade Pass is a terrible place to lava fish, the respawn rate is too high to do anything there.

Sonja, Past Blue Ribbon and FrostII like this.
  13. Lained

Lained Avatar

I can usually fish until all areas are down to about 40% chance before they respawn or at least if they do I'm fishing from out of their sight line at which point I reset the scene and the fishing percentage.

Sonja and FrostII like this.
  14. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

EXACTLY !

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    Sonja likes this.
  15. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

If you use the Oracle Colossus entrance you can lava fish all day without fighting anything.

There are 3 pools that can be fished with no mobs. When % drops just exit up the ladder and re-enter the zone to reset it.

I like the spot personally

Sonja, FrostII and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  16. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Now, here's a guy that knows how to fish.... ;)

Sonja likes this.
  17. Elgarion

Looks like some other anglers have provided some info/strategies to help. Thanks guys! :)

18. AzazelReborn

AzazelReborn Avatar

Thanks for the information guys, maybe next week I will have a better time.

19. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

i can never get into Oracle Col. LOL.

Sonja, FrostII and Anpu like this.
  20. Lained

Lained Avatar

The entrance is in front of the barrier so easily accessible.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.