Comprehensive Guide to Player Made Dungeon building

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Kaizen Strava, Dec 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Midras Library is showing 35 points and measuring 14x14 but i would access more of 15x15. Only one entrance . Its crazy big. I thought by looking it was similar in size to the Troll room but its a bit smaller. But not by much. LOL

2. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

Last night I finally got around to trying my hand at building a dungeon. I placed the Midras library just to see what it looked like. It is enormous! It’s a copy of the library in Artifice. If anyone would like to check it out, my town lot is in Harvest, right off the town square, next to the restaurant/winery. It’s the house with the rose garden in front. Dungeon entrance is on the front left side.

The dungeon is a work in progress. Right now I’m gathering Kobold essence, only 12 more before I have 100.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Belladonna Rose likes this.
  3. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

After playing around with my dungeon for a few days I finally figured out why the Green Marble Koi Pond is off a bit. If you go into the Crown Shop and click on the icon, a 3d viewer appears showing the module. If you zoom in and look carefully, you'll see the core is a 6x6 with three 1x1 entrances centered-aligned on the XY axis. This means you are off by 1/2 if you try and connect from one entrance to the one not on the same axis.

Update: What is needed as a workaround is a 2nd structure that has even numbered sides and has an entrance on the both the x and y axis. I doubt if that exist. The Koi Pond might be unique in that regards,

Also the Prison Stone Cell Block is 3x6, not 5x8.

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  4. Old Man2

Old Man2 Avatar

Having issues with my dungeon not spawning in adventure mode. I have all the correct rooms and totems. I have had a dungeon before that spawned fine. Don't know why I am having an issue now. I have approx 30 rooms that can spawn in my dungeon. Not all have the totems yet. I don't expect the non-totem rooms to spawn, but the ones that have them are not spawning.

Elrond likes this.
  5. Kaizen Strava

Kaizen Strava Avatar

Hey there Folks, I am back to playing regularly and am thinking this thing probably needs to be updated. So drop me a line or post here if you have updates to share for player-made dungeons.

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Just a FYI, Ravalox is going to be doing some updates/fixes(?) to the Dungeon System some time soon(?), Some things could change with the system, so you might want to wait for that.

Keep an eye on the Player Test Environment (QA Server) forum for an upcoming Player Dungeon Testing Directive.

7. Kaizen Strava

Kaizen Strava Avatar

Added Release Notes to catch up on updates to player made dungeons
    Revamped the Dungeons Sizes graphic to add Midras LIbrary and show room types legends.
    [​IMG]
    Revamped the Dungeon Deco Status List to reflect Midras Library and include room types Legends
    [​IMG]

Let me know if I missed any please.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2021
    FBohler and Anpu like this.
  8. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

Ancient Stone Blue Chapel floor can be decorated. I have a T15 Lich statue and dead bodies all over the place in mine. Same goes for the Green Chapel.

Stone Encounter Room Lich (The Fall) does not spawn and the floor is partially decoratable.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
    Kaizen Strava likes this.
  9. Kaizen Strava

Kaizen Strava Avatar

Tnx for the feedback. This one is curious because it used to. i wonder if a bug report is in order?
    I am glad they updated some of the decos options over time.

10. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

This thing I've noticed with floor deco, any floor area with small square brown tile cannot be decorated (Small Temple is all that so no deco) but most areas with the greenish random stone can be decorated. The Lich (The Fall) room is like this, mix of both tile, only random stone floor area accepts deco.

11. grendal1971

grendal1971 Avatar

Thanks for this guides existence. I am a founder but only just recently started playing seriously. I have managed to get two side by side dungeons working with this guide and a friends village lot next to a row I own. One is a troll dungeon with three troll rooms off an X split from a single foyer and a well entrance, and the other is a three lich random (2&3) room dungeon off a single foyer attached to the crypt entrance with 2 lvl 15 single spawn statues in last room. Both are a lot of fun to clear and the perfect challenge for a couple of lower-mid-levels and their pets.

The troll rooms will get you good XP, troll hide belt crafting drop, and troll essence. The lich one will get you good XP, lich essence, lich heads, and lich loot drops (mad bows, lich axes, etc).

During the process we had issues (as I have seen reported in bug section) of the rooms not spawning upon entry. We have determined this to be tied to the party system upon entry.
    If the "owner" of the dungeon is partied with others and enters first its like the dungeon doesn't know anyone entered. I the owner then leaves the dungeons instantly spawn...
    So our process is for everyone to enter with owner coming in last and then partying up in foyer. Doing this we haven't experienced any no/low spawn sessions.

Feel free to visit and enjoy these xp dungeons: They are located in POT Nauvoo by Solace Bridge at fast travel sign "Village of Far West", can't miss them once there.

FBohler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.