Getting the pointer onscreen

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software, Tech' started by Canterbury, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Since this new release, I'm finding it harder to get a pointer up onscreen.

For example, I'm walking around and I want to click one of the symbols top right of screen. To get a pointer up, I have to do something like open my inventory, to generate a pointer, which I then use top right of screen, rather than on the inventory itself. Surely the pointer could appear with a press of Ctrl or Alt or similar, like in other games?

Meanwhile, on the map, I walk up to a town... it's name appears, along with ENTER... now, in the past, I seem to recall I didn't even need a pointer onscreen and I could just hit the enter key? At present, it seems the best way is to, again, hit 'I' for inventory, and use the pointer that appears to click on ENTER and I enter the town with my inventory up. It's not intuitive... or a smooth-looking way of doing it.

Any tips?

Kvow Triumvir likes this.
  2. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Yep, theres a few options for "cursor mode" in game options.
    Me i turn off Toggle cursor mode, then i re map tab to an unssued button so i dont mistakingly hit it.

That way im perm in cursor mode.

3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

There is a key bind to get your cursor up. Map it to whatever you like!

After creating my character I spent the first hour on the isle of storms going through all the key binds and gsme options. Noticed some new things along the way. Well worth the time/effort.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.