Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Growing lockout time with each use of locked Rapid Fire

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by xadoor, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

1. Growing lockout time with each use of locked Rapid Fire:
    2. 100%
    3. Not any kind of Blocker but it sucks
    4. So near as I can tell its not random.
      • It doesn't seem to happen at all on AIM, DISABLE, BLIND, PEN or MULTI.
      • The first used of a locked Rapid Fire results in immediate auto-attacks after use
      • Each additional use is a slightly longer pause before auto-attacks resume or other skills can be used.
      • Worst case, you just used it the 6th time, your total lockout is 3 mississippis.
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
      • build a deck with a locked rapid fire
      • use rapid fire - notice other skills/auto-attack almost immediately after last rapid fire arrow
      • use rapid fire - slight delay
      • use rapid fire - annoying delay
      • use rapid fire - holly crap that's a huge delay
      • use rapid fire - mental note: stop stomping on rapid fire cause the its like being sent to timeout
      • use rapid fire - notice a 3 second delay before you can use any other skill or auto-attack
    6. User Specs: Windows

2. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

@Chris can we get a comment on this? is really working as intended?

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

For locked glyphs, the more heat the glyph has accumulated (the more red on the glyph), the longer the global cooldown will be when you use it (it will also consume more focus). This behavior is intended.

4. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

no other global cooldown on my bar interrupts auto-attack.
    try it. stand by a training dummy with flurry running and check it out.

btw is the global cd behaviour documentd somewhere?

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Here's where they implemented the heat system:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/release-42-instructions.90245/#post-815299

Here's the post where @Chris details a change to increase the casting time with heat:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...hris-daily-work-blog.85584/page-2#post-814771

I just tried and every skill I used stopped auto attack until the global cooldown ended. The reason you notice it more with Rapid Fire is because the use time is much longer for that skill.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Jaesun and Weins201 like this.
  6. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

"
    • Change just went in to help balance the Heat system that is awesome but currently WAY OP. In addition to the focus cost rising with the heat, the use time time will also climb. Trying to make this enough to slow down super fast spamming but not so much that it is no longer more effective. Currently set so at 100% heat it will be around 2.5X as long to cast. You can't actually cast at 100% heat though so more realistically, this will make max heat stuff take around 120% longer to execute.
    "

wanted to quote that in here so I can stop following your link. (thanks for the links, trying to digest how this fits what I'm seeing).

7. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

so, after reading that a million times my conclusion is that the global cooldown doesn't ever stop autoattack. Auto-attack only stops in the use-windows. The global cooldown is teh same on every use of a skill. Whats growing is the use-time.

That said whats weird about rapid fire is that the skill still fires in the first 2 seconds(or whatever its base use window size is) of its use window. Then you are sitting there with 3 more seconds of use time that you can't do anything in and that's infuriating.

Are use windows listed on toll tips? I'll have to play more with it and see if that understanding makes sense with what I see again.

perhaps its like this:
    1st: 2 second use window, which matches with how long the animation of the skill lasts
    2nd: 2.6 second use window, with a .6 second pause after last arrow
    3rd: 3.2 second use window with a 1.2 second pause after last arrow
    4th: 3.8 second use window with a 1.8 second pause after last arrow
    5th: 4.4 second use window with a 2.4 second pause after last arrow
    6th: 5.0 second use window with a 3.0 second pause after last arrow

8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Pretty much this. You can see that all skills are blocked (grayed out with a sweeping timer), this is the "global cooldown". Essentially, while you're using a skill, you can't do something else, including auto-attack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.