Community Resources

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Elgarion, Jan 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

2. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

Elgarion likes this.
  3. Elgarion

4. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

Nick, Elgarion, Anpu and 1 other person like this.
  5. Elgarion

6. Elgarion

fixed bad link to fishing spreadsheet

7. Nick

Nick Avatar

Justiciar likes this.
  8. Elgarion

I'm not sure what you're asking. If you're asking if I'll make a link to your book stores in our resource list, sure if they have books which help players. Please make a main forum post about your book stores so I can link to that so players can get more info about your stores.

9. Nick

Nick Avatar

10. Elgarion

Anpu and Nick like this.
  11. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

Hi @Nick ,
    Yes you can publish it. Split profits 50/50? ;)

The one thing I'm not sure why is occurring is that if I go into the newbie zones to recruit it's like they expect me to steal from them or pummel them.
    Is this standard in WOW or other games? :confused::(:eek:

Does Hospitaler still exist? If so, how do I turn it on? I can't find any options for it in the ESC screens or the upper left character info.

Hi @Sir-Leonard,
    I don't understand why Foraging is different than every other tree in the spreadsheet in that Survey is 2x and MC is 1x.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it should be in your title list

Anpu likes this.
  13. Justiciar

Justiciar Avatar

Unfortunately no. All I have are Outlander and Visionary. Do I have to earn it somehow?

14. Elgarion

Added to the Resources page -- please let me know if you spot any out of date or defunct items :) I'll get the main post in this thread updated as well in a min or two after I check all the links newly published.

BUILDING THE PERFECT FIRE MAGE BY AZAZELREBORN
    Want to be all you can be as a fire mage? Well, check out AzazelReborn's amazing fire mage guide! So many tricks of the fire trade revealed!
    (Combat, Guides, Tutorials)

BARD SKILL BASICS BY ANPU
    So you have your lute. You've trained your first bard skill. Now what? Read Anpu's guide on bard skills, of course!
    (Combat, Guides)

INK NPC SCRIPTING GUIDE: ATTACHING CONVERSATION TO YOUR INKY
    Anpu is at it again with another amazing guide! This time he explains how players can attach the conversation to their inky/conversationalist in the game after you've created it! Thank you, Anpu!
    (Guides, Tools, Tutorials)

DRAGON SLAYER LEADERBOARD BY TIRRAG
    How many dragons have you or your friends slain, dragon slayers? Who's in the lead? How many more must you kill to best the current leader of the board? All will be revealed at Tirrag's Dragon Slayer Leaderboard!
    (Combat, Community, Tools)

BOW MAKING GUIDE BY LILITH AYIN
    This guide, both in English and Spanish, is a fantastic resource for archers out there wanting to craft their own bows, or carpenters simply wanting to make the best product for their customers. Read and heed, Avatars!
    (Crafting, Guides)

EVENT CALENDAR BY THORYK OMARA
    So you've got this amazing event coming up, but how to get word out to the players of Shroud of the Avatar? Simple! Just let Thoryk know, and he'll get it published in this calendar he created for the community!
    (Community, Events)

PVE LEADERBOARD BUILDER BY TIRRAG
    Wanna see how you compare to other adventurers throughout New Britannia? Find your answers at Tirrag's PVE Leaderboard! This leaderboard site has a very simple and elegant design, and you can build your custom leaderboard in a flash!
    (Combat, Community, Tools)

SOTA PRICES BY SHAWN
    Check out this amazing price database by that_shawn_guy at sotaprices.com! Dedicated player merchants across New Britannia upload their prices into the database to help sellers and buyers determine fair pricing!
    (Economy, Guides, Tools)

PLAYER'S GUIDE SUMMARY BY JUSTICAR
    The Shroud of the Avatar official player's guide is extremely robust and for new players, sometimes reading it is like drinking from a firehose! Well, have no fear knowledge seekers! Justicar has created a player's guide summary document to help players focus in on key elements of the game! Check it out!
    (Guides)

SOTA DATE CALCULATOR
    The date calculator is a fantastic site which allows players to convert any date into a date within the New Britannia Calendar! Perfect for predicting in-game dates for in-game player events!
    (Tools)

DEED UPGRADE OPTIONS BY CHIASMA
    When upgrading a deed, sometimes to get to the size you like, it takes multiple upgrade steps. Would you like to peek ahead and see just what upgrade path you'd need to take to get their? Well, check out Chiasma's upgrade guide!
    (Economy, Housing, Tools)

DECORATION TECHNIQUES BY WILFRED
    The decoration system in the game of Shroud of the Avatar is very complex and takes much practice to understand and to master. There are even advanced techniques which allow players to break the barriers of physics which bend the mind yet expand the limits of creativity! Heed Wilfred's words, and your decorations will float above the ground, twist in new angles, and dazzle your guests!
    (Decoration, Guides)

MOUNTS GUIDE BY ANPU
    The game of Shroud of the Avatar features a large variety of steeds upon which you can ride across the realm with amazing speed! Anpu reveals all with this informative guide for mounts!
    (Guides)

LUA SCRIPT REPOSITORY
    The official forums has a fantastic location to find and post information about player-created LUA scripts! These LUA applications are a fantastic way to enhance your gameplay in Shroud of the Avatar!
    (Tools)

SOTA JAPANESE WIKI
    If you are a Japanese player of Shroud of the Avatar and seek information about the game? Head on over to this Japanese Wiki to find your answers!
    (Art, Combat, Community, Crafting, Decoration, Economy, Guides, Housing, Lore, Maps)

FrostII and Wilfred like this.
  15. Elgarion

FrostII, Wilfred and Anpu like this.
  16. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

@Elgarion, you can remove the Heraldry Guide and SotASmith.com links from the list. I've shutdown the site for now.

Elgarion likes this.
  17. Elgarion

Thanks for running the sites Oakenhammer. If you ever bring them back up, just give me a nudge. :)

18. somerlot

somerlot Avatar

Awesome post! Trying to return to the game after a long hiatus is not easy. Spending a lot of time reading SotA news and info.

19. Sonja

Sonja Avatar

Unfortunately, that date calculator appears to be gone. :( I'm making a nice present for a friend, and I'd like to know what Earthly date she caught her fishy on. Is there another way to to do that?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2022
    Elgarion likes this.
  20. Elgarion

Removed, thanks Sonja -- you can likely go to this resource, copy the spreadsheet, the customize the formulas to work with an inputted date instead of current date in cell B3.

Ooop, forgot to link it: DATE PREDICTOR BY DECANI (shroudoftheavatar.com)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2022
    Sonja, Anpu and FrostII like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.