Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Windowed Mode resolution issue

Discussion in 'User Interface (Including Launcher)' started by Rennik, Nov 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

I run SotA in Windows 7, fullscreen windowed mode, on a dual-screen setup with the desktop "extended" across both monitors.

Every time I start the game, the client automatically launches in the highest resolution possible (I'm guessing that it's trying to go "fullscreen" across both monitors together). I go to Options, change the resolution to 1920 x 1080 (the resolution of the main screen) and play the game normally. Unfortunately the game does not remember my selection, and i have to go through all these steps every time I launch the game. Can we please have it pull the resolution setting for only one monitor?

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

We do have a bug open for Windows, screen resolution settings not persisting. Bug #:51794.
    Do you play with borderless window checked? That option is on the launcher screen if you select the cog icon.
    @Rennik

3. Rennik

Rennik Avatar

Yes, my bad... my original post needs to be corrected... I run full screen WINDOWLESS mode, and it won't remember my resolution setting. The standard "windowed" mode works fine, but then I can't get the mouse to the other screen without "Alt+tabbing" out of SotA.. Sorry for the confusion.

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Rennik
    Okay, that makes more sense to me, thank you. Your issue is then related to the bug # I posted earlier then.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

@Lexie does 51794 include not saving resolution after changing it, then alt-tabbing during the same session? Having this problem while trying to make a video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.