Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Locking up while Enchanting / Masterworking . . .

Discussion in 'Release 31 Bug Forum' started by Weins201, Jul 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

While Enchanting / Masterworking and oyu have the Choose window up - if oyu do not chose a skill but hit "Chose Selected" The game basically locks up and oyu have to exit 2 times before the game lets oyu start to play again. I do not know if the 2 times is because of a timer but I always seem to have to exit 2 time before I can enchant / masterwork again.

Loc: (428.5, 77.0, -320.5) Area: POT_island_metropolis_01_templateSotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.442.Date.07.11.16GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M GPU RAM: 8093CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz (8) System RAM: 32636OS: Windows 10 (10.0.0) 64bitUser Specs:Steps to Reproduce: Details: Blocker? Reproduction Rate: Title: 7/14/2016 3:55 AM

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

has happened once already while trying to masterwork items to see about the _+30 property and had to log in 2 time to fix it.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

And again while masterworking must have miss hit accept and locked up.

Had to log out and in , and out and in to free game back up so I can MW some more.

Pleanty of reports no answer TY.

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Hmm never tried that.

5. agra

agra Avatar

It's a punitive server side timer than ensures you can't re-select, bypass, or otherwise "try again" on the RNG. This has been in place since they added the random effect interface.

Many releases/months ago and I also discovered that it chose the default/first entry for you, no matter what.
    If you accidentally or intentionally dismiss the UI element, or crash, lock up, or are disconnected for any reason, too bad you get to suffer.
    Sadly, given the buggy state of the game, locking up at this point in crafting far too common.
    It -could- show you the same choices you had originally after you got back in game, but nope, more stick!

6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Does not matter what excuse they give it is a bug / lockup that needs to be addressed and fixed.

This should be a much higher priority than more pixel crack but who am I to say.

If this is the ID of the problem then should be easy to fix it . . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.