Offline Player Poll!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Astirian, May 2, 2019.

?

What do you feel needs the most polish/love still in Offline mode?

1. 1. The save/load game system.

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. 2. The difficulty curve.

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  3. 3. Re-spawn rules.

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  4. 4. Economy and Loot. (Especially for non-crafters)

10 vote(s)
    37.0%
  5. 5. The NPC conversation window.

16 vote(s)
    59.3%
  6. 6. Companion AI.

13 vote(s)
    48.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Hey team!

I'm pretty excited to jump into Offline mode and do the story once Episode II hits the virtual shelves with the revamped questing system and equippable companions. But before I do, I wanted to get an idea on what you guys and girls feel still needs polish. Feel free to pick your top 3!

I haven't included quest bugs as we know the team is working hard on squashing them.

smack likes this.
  2. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I played through the story in online mode (which was alot harder than offline) so i just use offline for testing stuff now, but the only real problem in my opinion is that it doesnt immerse me enough. In a world where voice acting and cinematic cutscenes have spoiled me, the interaction with the world feels more like a super NES era RPG with the walking up to characters, push a button, read, end.

I kinda hope that they'll take volunteers to voice NPC barks or something just to make them feel more real.

ephialtes, Jaesun, majoria70 and 2 others like this.
  3. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

I made an offline character a long while ago. After getting out of character creation, I just ran to an NPC town and set up my home. Whenever I play online, I hit the offline mode to get the daily XP and gold.
    Without quests or hunting, already banked 3mil xp for when I do decide to play in offline mode. :)

Only comment I have is the saving system seems a little wonky, as playing different characters in offline mode, they seem to be part of the same game. IE, character A set up a house. character B sees the house and has access to the house and all within it. I thought each character would be their own game.

I also did have an old old character that had my earliest store purchases on it go corrupt (I think I missed a window to update an old saved game before the format changed for saves). But Portalarium helped me with that and I got my purchases back (though I did lose the character).

4. kl4nk

kl4nk Avatar

Ive started an offline game recently,. It feel like my game has more frame rate slowdown then the online mode.. Im curently cheating my way to the crafting top ( editing saved game) . I have decided to cheat with crafting exp and money so i can buy anything i want from coto store. Dint really get the chance to play home dressup in online game.

5. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Yeah that's a funny one, I'm fine with reading text in isometric games but we've been spoiled alright in proper 3D titles.

A good compromise is barks like you say but decent actors usually ain't cheap.

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I haven't played offline other than for QA, so I didn't answer.

I am pleased to see, however, that the NPC DIALOG UI is in the lead! That is something that could be fixed for both On and Offline, and everyone will fall to their knees and rejoice!

Astirian likes this.
  7. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

Amen brother!

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  8. Godra

Godra Avatar

Would also like to know where are the missing Pledge Homes that were supposed to be available for purchase in offline mode? Yes you can claim your pledge items up to the pledge level you have, but nothing else available. I have a RF Duke Pledge, but can't get the LOTM homes. I have purchased one for Online from another player, but cannot claim that in offline and cannot purchase from another player Offline since there is none! Maybe if I had the asset name and info, then I could edit my save game file, but I don' have that either. When I asked @DarkStarr a year ago about the missing Pledge Homes, he said that they were aware of that, but were still coming, just not right away. So here we are a year later and still none available to purchase in Offline mode. Yet, we have hundreds of worthless telethon items that they still can't get done on a timely fashion. We know the homes are available for claiming, so how hard is it to make them available for in game gold? It's not and doesn't take a year for it to happen. Just tired of excuses, lies and the deception at this point.

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Did you check the deco and homes merchants that are upstairs in banks at the various towns?

10. jmcclain

jmcclain Avatar

I'd just say don't waste time on offline mode because no one cares and there is a lot of stuff needed in online mode.

11. CatweazleX

CatweazleX Avatar

I am also missing the homes from the bundles (elven, viking, ...) especially the row houses. I think the easiest way is to add this houses to the coto-shop (offline mode only), and also other things that are not available on a npc. Cotos are simple to get in offline mode. It is not as immersive as it could be, but ...

You are able to save the current "world" and start a new game. This gives you an empty "world" or another account. If you want to change between you load either this or that save game. This allows you to decide to have more then one character in one world/account or in different ones.

---
    What i like to see in offline mode is working vendors. The ability to take one of the player owned towns, so i can set own lot markers. The choice if characters share XP and gold or not within the same save file. And have the difficulty set able to the same as the online mode.
    The POTs where visible many releases ago. The idea is, to walk up to a NPC in Brittany, speak to the NPC and then you can see all POTs again. One then walk into a POT and claim steward access at the news crier. After that all POTs are invisible again, except the one with steward access.
    The POT and the vendor content may saved to a different file. This allows sharing between accounts/worlds/save files. The POT/Vendor file is connected/selectable when one starts a new game.

(Using a different file, may allow to download a ready made POT from the server (with all claimed LOTs cleared). So that players can use a POT from the online mode)

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    Bedawyn likes this.
  12. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

They could easily do this with a couple of specific POTs. Hometown, for example, would make an excellent choice as it is always in a specific place, and is already decorated. Take a snapshot of it and allow the player to become Governor there. They could do the same with Blood Bay. I'm sure it would require some extra tech, since it wouldn't have a Governor up front, but perhaps they could do the same thing they did with the starter gear and assign it as "Arabella"; once you complete whatever quest/purchase/etc, simply reassign the Governor. Once that is working, they can look at tech to change the biome and other parameters in-game (which would help the online game as well).

Astirian likes this.
  13. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I have mentioned many times port just needs to have a collection of pots where the offline avatar is the governor of all.

Being able to recreate Dara Brae in the island template 01 I helped create is a big importance to me.

14. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Really, if you own a POT it should show up in the offline game, just like any of the pledge rewards you can claim.

POT owners should also be able to create a snapshot of their town, and have them appear just as they are when they log into the offline game, with the various houses in place and decorated (but probably changed to unowned, so the player can take them over if they want).

There also needs to be a way to create NPCs using the magic mirror, so you can set their appearance and place them in your town (offline first, but eventually customizable NPCs for everyone) so your town isn't empty.

15. Godra

Godra Avatar

If you are referring to my post about the missing pledge homes for purchase in Offline Mode, then Yes, I have checked them. Still not available as of today.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.