Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] How Parties work in Player Dungeons - Just some feedback and observations

Discussion in 'Release 64 Feedback' started by Anpu, Apr 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

If you start a party, invite people, and are the party leader, and enter a player dungeon, the shield icon will not show up on the player owned town the dungeon is in, if the rest of the party is on the overland map near the town. There is no "shield" icon to click and go to the party leaders location, on the town.

If you start a party, and invite people, and are the party leader, and enter a player dungeon, and the party enters the town the party leader is in, they have no indicator where you are in, while walking in the town. You have to actually find the dungeon, and enter it.

If however the party leader stands outside the entrance of the dungeon you want to enter, you can see the indicator of where the leader (and other party members are, in town). As well as see a "shield" icon, if party members are on the overland map, to enter the town.

Forgot to try Zone to Friend scrolls :/ (Not tested)

04/09/2019 22:15
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8) System RAM: 16303
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.950.Date.04.09.19
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Dragomir Mori
    Area Display Name: Dragomir Mori
    Loc: (38.7, 42.0, -106.0)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfERyYWdvbWlyIE1vcml8KDM4Ljc0OSwgNDIuMDAxLCAtMTA2LjAxMil8KDAsIC0wLjcyOCwgMCwgLTAuNjg1KXw5My40NTk1M3wxNi45MTAyfDQuOTQ2NTQ0

Thank you Turin and Justyn for the help!

Spoon likes this.
  2. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

@Jaesun, Thanks for the post. So we're mainly talking about the behavior of the "shield" icons on the overworld when a party member is in a dungeon. The current design in this case should mirror exactly the behavior for basements. For basements, there is no fast travel to a party member's basement. This is by design so that party members don't get unintended access to another player's basement.

What I'm hearing is that perhaps the behavior for player-dungeons should work differently. Do I have that right?

Jaesun and Synergy Blaize like this.
  3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

@Lord Subtleton yeah, I was wondering that for Dungeons, if you make a party, it would be nice to actually join them via the Shield icon, from the overland map.

For example, there’s was a fishing contest last night in a players wonderful fishing dungeon! But the entire process to get there required people to join a party and the party leader to stand outside the entrance and us running through the town to them, instead of just quickly joining them in the dungeon via the shield icon from the overland map.

I CAN completely understand this not working for basements. Get that. But in the case for dungeons, it would be great if people could just click the shield icon and quickly join a party in one.

I can’t think of any exploitive reason that if the dungeon owner has the dungeon set to not private and adventure mode?

Thanks for your time!

4. Lord Subtleton

Lord Subtleton Developer Emeritus

Ok, added issue #64472 for review.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.