Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Salvaging clarification?

Discussion in 'Release 60 Feedback' started by Black FjP, Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

2 questions:

1. Does the new salvaging boost apply to crafted gear as well? I was under the impression that it did and had saved up a big old pile of failures in order to soften the blow from crafting RNG. I broke a pile of 15 and got nothing(slightly below previous average) with 101 salvaging and a obsidian potion. Just wanted to make sure what I'm working with before I decide what to do with the rest of it.

2. Does this boost to salvaging only kick in at exactly GM skill or is it scaling? Just curiosity here. =)

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

AFAIK, it's at GM.

Jaesun likes this.
  3. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

No one knows about crafted gear? Maybe some anecdotal evidence? =)

4. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

What exactly are you expecting to salvage from crafted gear other than scraps?

5. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

Maybe Black wants more metal scraps and/or a little of the type of ingot that was used in the item. e.g. a few ingots of bronze.

That would be nice, and it would be logical and more true-to-life, but I wouldn't expect Port to do anything like that. They seem
    to want to make crafting expensive and frustrating to give GM levels some value... so that everybody doesn't become a crafter and
    that crafted items will become more in demand and fetch higher prices on the market.

6. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

Sure, I was just curious what exactly the expectation was. ;)

Hermetic likes this.
  7. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

Increased Salvage Rates for Grandmasters: We have increased the salvage rate for Grandmasters in Salvage. Pattern salvage rates have been increased by over 6 times while Component salvage rates were increased by 3 times.

I was expecting to get 3x the components returned on scrapped crafted items, as this would reduce some of the RNG in crafting. I am just trying to confirm that this is indeed the case before I scrap anymore of them rather than sell them to a vendor, because so far it seems as if it's possibly not the case.

@Mishikal
    @Hermetic
    @Chris
    @DarkStarr

8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

it's already possible to get the occassional ingot or hilt or handle or bowstave out of salvaging looted gear (and not just the special salvage drops, but plain iron/maple etc.). maybe it just needs to be dialed up for crafted (and maybe specifically more if the salvager is the one who crafted it)

Mishikal, Hermetic and Dhanas like this.
  9. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Salvaging crafted gear in the past has yielded components back for reuse

You apparently do not have to be GM to get the bonus to components and patterns either. If youre mid level salvaging use a potion and that will work

10. Black FjP

Black FjP Avatar

Thanks, I am aware that you can salvage the components from crafted gear. My question is whether the 3x at GM salvage rate increase in r60 is applying to this crafted gear as well. Thank you for the information regarding lower salvage rates + the obsidian potion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.