1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Sieges: add more types

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Echondas, Feb 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Sieges are one of the most fun things to do in the game for me .. I wish there were a few new types, such as:

- Water (for Island towns)
    - Underground (for Underground towns.. add an underground NPC town to the wish I guess, since I don't think we have one - this could include ore nodes instead of trees to chop, engineers drop ore?)
    - ??

Sorgin Txakal, Anpu and Violet Ronso like this.
  2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Make them kobolds instead of cabalists. And they have crazy kobold rock drillers instead of catapults.

Doesn't really work (story-wise) with the current siege system, though.

3. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

As long as they arn't tied to the shrines, the system itself works ("random" attacks); they could still be added to lay siege to other scenes. Kobold sieging Norgard could be fun. Shadow creatures attacking places on Mistrendur. etc

4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Well, that's what I meant; if kobolds are attacking all pots with a courage shrine due to planetary alignments it'd be weird. I just meant that another mechanism should determine when they attack.

I also kinda wish that it was a bit more random when cabalists attack. I mean, still tied to celestial movements, but maybe a maximum of x towns are under attack at a time, chosen randomly from towns that fit the criteria. If the cabalists have the resources to attack a hundred towns simultaneously, you'd think maybe they would have won a few of those fights by now...

Echondas likes this.
  5. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Cora Cuz'avich awesome idea!

Hey @Sannio how about an NPC town that is besieged? Meaning - there are enemies that pop up occasionally, storefronts on fire.. similar to the intro scene w/ Charlotte .. which is a great scene but we never get to revisit it during our adventures unless we start a fresh character.

Or better yet.. how about one that can change states, meaning if a siege is not defeated in time the town is in 1 state and if the siege is defeated it is in a better state?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    Anpu likes this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I like that idea. Just a specific town that could fall under attack and be in different states, based on what did or did not happen.

Echondas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.