1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Something to offset PVP Fishing vulnerability.

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by vulcanjedi, Oct 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

My first PVP Fishing contest was pure luck and it got me thinking. I'm level 113 and the majority of deaths were from archers rapid fire and I was dead before the reel in animation was finished.

What if there was a fishing rod artifact or jewel/gem that offered a shield effect while fishing?
    Or a fishing rod that was also a weapon as someone suggested.

Even when I wasn't instantly killed by ranged by the time I had my weapon out I had lost most of my health.

I'm not complaining about this style of PVP I just think it would be nice to have some kind of chance to stay alive a little bit longer.

vulcanjedi

FBohler, Warius and Lained like this.
  2. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

On a side note: The event was as good as SotA will ever be in the PvP side of things.

So, it wasn't only your fights that ended within a "reel animation" time-frame. It's very rare that any fight will last for more than 3 seconds when higher level players are involved.

The game is clearly not designed for PvP, so there are a bunch of meta-style builds that will trump over the regular ones.

IMHO there's no antidote to it, if they try to make PvP great they're either ruining PvE or reworking the whole combat system from scratch, gear and mobs included.

That being said, yeah watching someone kill you while your char patiently puts the fishing pole away is frustrating.

Oh, and sorry for the arrows :rolleyes:

Ulric Hildegard

3. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Well some took more than 3 seconds. A bit longer if I was moving around. I'm sure if I was using some kind of buff shield I could survive even longer. And I honestly don't have anything against the current state of PVP because I don't really play that style.

But Imagine if there was a 100% block chance that only happened while having rod out. That would make sniping fishers less attractive :)
    vj

FBohler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.