1. This forum is for bug reporting of current Player Test Environment (QA Server) issues ONLY.
    Be sure to follow the format below, it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, your report may not be entered into the system.

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug in all likely categories before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Be sure to provide details of what the issue is and how to re-produce it, but keep your bug report factual.
    • Only report oneissue per thread, additional issues may be ignored.
    • Do not add, include or modify the thread moderator tags in the title of the thread. (indicators in the [])
    • Reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug.
      Do not use this forum for commentary, your post will be deleted and you may be moderated, suspended or banned if the activity continues.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    NOTE: Important information including your location and system specs are automatically put into your clipboard when using /devbug in the game (DO NOT add additional system specs unless requested). When starting your post, just use <CTRL>-V to insert the data and fill in the entries with no data.

Please include Screenshots if possible. Images can be saved on our SotA Discord Server here

If the clipboard does not work, use and fill in this Bug Report Template:
    1. Title:
    2. Reproducible?
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs: (RAM, CPU, GPU and Operating System only)

[Submitted 69244] either imbued taming jewels not working or wrong tame chance shown

Discussion in 'Items & Inventory' started by Gwendolyn Obscuro, May 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Gwendolyn Obscuro Bug Hunter

05/22/2021 19:00
    Title: either imbued taming jewels not working or wrong tame chance shown

Details: I crafted two rings of the stag (+1% tame chance bonus each) and two rings of control (+5% taming spec bonus each). I then attempted to tame a razorback destroyer at full health wearing no rings, wearing the stag rings, and then wearing the rings of control. Each time my percent chance to tame showed at 10%. Thinking it was rounding on a small number I then tested on a regular full health razorback. Each of these attempts gave me a 60% chance to tame. Depending on how the + tame chance bonus was supposed to work I should have had a 62% chance (60 + 2) or a 61% chance (60 + 2% of 60) using ring of stag, not sure what % should be with spec bonus but my tame skill is 140 and my spec is 129 and I was also wearing uncommon gloves of control which affect spec. Changing my rings DOES change my /stats (TamingMastery for ring of control, TameChanceBonus for ring of stag). It is possible the tame chance shown is wrong and the rings are actually helping, but I have no way of knowing. (please give us extra decimal places on all numbers shown to make this stuff easier to test, but if it does not change a 60% chance to tame these aren't worth using )

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) craft two rings of the stag and two rings of control
    2) attempt to tame something without causing it any damage to change numbers, use no rings, both stag rings, and both control rings
    3) compare the taming chance numbers that are shown.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8) System RAM: 16252
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GPU RAM: 4061
    SotA.QA.Win.64.1198.Date.05.21.21
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01b_template/Bastion's Point
    Area Display Name: Bastion's Point
    Loc: (54.9, 38.2, 281.4)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYl90ZW1wbGF0ZXxCYXN0aW9uJ3MgUG9pbnR8KDU0Ljg4NiwgMzguMTk2LCAyODEuMzcyKXwoMCwgMC4xOTEsIDAsIC0wLjk4Mil8MTU4LjA0Mzl8MzUuMzE1MTF8Ny4wMDk5OTc=

2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Gwendolyn Obscuro What rarity level were the rings? What imbued taming jewels? did you add? I need to try and recreate this to test it. Thanks!

3. Gwendolyn Obscuro

These are the new jewels you get by salvaging artifacts, they don't have levels. You always get a gem/jewel from a rare artifact or above and just have a chance to get one with a lower level artifact, but the jewel itself is the same. The jewel of the stag came from the Helm of the Stag tamer arti and the jewel of control came from the Gloves of Control tamer arti. I used the new ring socket recipe and put the jewels into meteoric iron rings.

If you can't at least get the socket recipe from one of the devs it might be easiest if I just send you the rings to test with. Let me know and I'll log in to QA again tomorrow.

Echondas and Alley Oop like this.
  4. Echondas

Awesome, thanks for the additional info. I'll get ahold of the items and recipes to test. I just wanted to make sure I knew what to ask for. Thanks!

5. Gwendolyn Obscuro

To give a little more data I tested this on ferocious timber wolf (60% chance all options), massive crocodile (60% all options) and obsidian wolf (80% chance all options). Because the round numbers were making me nervous I did check to make sure if I injured a wolf the percent chance did go up, but of course I can't compare rings that way because I can't keep the mob's health at a set level less than full health.

Also I tested and see that the control rings do change the health of my pet, so the increased spec is doing something. Not sure how much that extra 10% spec should be changing the taming numbers, it is possible that is working as intended, but I really would expect it to increase it at least a little. And obviously the stag rings should be increasing the taming chance, so the question with that is still whether the taming chance number I am shown is accurate or if the jewel is not working.

Anpu and Echondas like this.
  6. Echondas

Marking this verified, with the caveat I am an inexperienced tamer:

I had a 20% chance to tame a massive crocodile at lowest health , and after equipping 2 Meteoric Iron Ring of the Stag +1 -- which is supposed to give +1% Tame Chance Bonus .. my success rate is still 20%.

Checking the output of /stats command, I see with 2 Stag rings for 1% bonus each, I am only getting a fraction of the advertised bonus:

TameChanceBonus: 0.02 (with 2 stag rings equipped)
    TameChanceBonus: 0 (without the rings)

As far as the Ring of Control goes.. I tested by taming a Darkstarr Corpion, and my taming chance at lowest health (40%) was unaffected by using 2 of these rings. However, the HP of the summoned creature went up from 1182 to 1239 after dismissing, and re-summoning with the 2 rings equipped to .. so it does appear to be doing something.. not sure if taming specialization should be affecting taming chance with these 2 rings equipped - it doesn't appear to be currently.

PS : I do not see anything in the output of the /stats command similar to
    TameSpecializationBonus - perhaps this needs to be added so people can verify their stats?

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    Anpu likes this.
  7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

this is reflected in the output of TamingMastery and can be tested by wearing the gloves of control.

Echondas likes this.
  8. Echondas

Good call - i forgot the skills are sometimes referred to as mastery since that was their original name and didn’t search for that in the output o_O

9. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Yes, as mentioned in my first post the rings of control do change the TamingMastery stat. And the rings of the stag do change the TameChanceBonus stat. I can tell you that tame spec does for sure affect taming chance but I don't know how much the extra 10% should change my chances at spec level 129. I would think that would at least change the 80% chance to tame an obsidian wolf by a percent or two, and the stag rings definitely should.

It is quite possible only the number being displayed to us is incorrect but it is also possible that the taming chance is calculated using an equation that does not use these stats directly but instead does its own math using the raw values that are used to calculate the stats.

10. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Submitted: Issue 69244

11. Gwendolyn Obscuro

Are there separate Jira issue numbers for QA vs Live? I assume not and that there does not need to be a new bug report for live. I am sure this issue is also on live now that the gems have been released there, though I have not done any actual testing on live so far since I would prefer not to give up the taming artifacts (especially the gloves!) unless I know the jewels are useful to me. But if a separate Live bug report is required I will do the testing there too.

12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no, not needed.

13. Gwendolyn Obscuro

For some additional information: (and to bump the thread cause this was caught before it went live and never fixed)

At my current skill levels I have an 87% chance to tame an obsidian wolf with two plain rings, two rings of the stag or two rings of control, so this bug is still there (tested on QA). In addition I still have the same 87% chance to tame if I remove my rare gloves of control which give a twelve percent tame spec bonus. So either display does not show correctly or taming spec bonus itself is not affecting chance to tame.

Alley Oop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.