Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The Linux map.

Discussion in 'Release 64 Feedback' started by kwala, Apr 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwala

kwala Avatar

Just wondering on an ETA for the map to be reinstated in Linux. It's game breaking not having it. Sure, Linux has a lower user base, but apart from the texture fix a lot of the problems you're working on effect a few percent of people in a few percent of scenarios so even with the amount of windows user it helps less... also to note none of those are game breaking.

As a short term fix maybe include a check box for us to include it with a disclaimer it MAY hang the client - it *never* hung my Slackware client and *never* hung my Arch client so I don't know where these reports are even coming from.

Cheers.

Feeyo likes this.
  2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

It never hung my Gentoo box. And no clue what the exact error was that the user had when it did crash for them.
    Yes sure the map freezes the game the first time you open it. (Also happens on Windows boxes) and I assume that is the normal behavior as it needs to pull in the data from the remote webserver.
    Please re-enable the map.

3. Undone

Undone Trap Master Moderator SOTA Developer

Working on adding a confirmation dialog for linux users so they can proceed at their own risk.

Alley Oop and Jaesun like this.
  4. Osunn

Osunn Avatar

Thanks for adding the map back - it helps for the directional impaired!

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.