What is te overall Strategy to get more customers/ players?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stundorn, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

As in the title:
    what is te overall Strategy to get more customers/ players?
    what is the overall strategy to keep people interested?

is it the endless progression or will it evolve to sandbox mechanics and creating a living MP World?

@Lord British @DarkStarr

Disgruntled, Ronni and K1000 like this.
  2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

based on how relax they look in the telethons... I feel that they're not worried about getting more players... maybe they have some kind of super secret plan that will magically bring in thousands of players to the game at launch... maybe... :)

Hunter OfSouls, Dhanas, Gia2 and 3 others like this.
  3. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

@Kabalyero yes i thought similar, they seem not to worry about it, but i'm really curious, i mean the last Telethon was very low on funding imo.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2018
    Ronni likes this.
  4. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I believe the developers have introduced a permanent trial system to entice players to give it a go and are trying to encourage backers to generate content through live streams to spread the word. As far as keeping people interested I would expect more of the same, with the developers working on the game to generate new content as rapidly as a small team can achieve.

Nikko, Chatele, Ronni and 2 others like this.
  5. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

This is a pretty big fun part of the game!

6. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Q2 will hopefully bring more features and less deco ;)

3devious and K1000 like this.
  7. hammadowna

hammadowna Avatar

Why not both?:)

Ronni likes this.
  8. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Post a picture of your abode please :) I imagine its just a room, no furniture apart from chests and a few heads lining the walls...A proper Avatar CAVE :)

Stundorn and Ronni like this.
  9. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Why dont sempiternal here post some pics instead, sounds like he has 10x of every item in the store :)
    And my reason for less deco is if its bought with my money earned irl not in game the items hold no value to my character aaaand theres enough deco for 10 future episodes already but not even a stable game with barebone features + tons of broken mechanics. I could go on for days really but the thing we need to remember is that what we have now is not brining in players so no matter hpw satisfied you are it is simply not enough :/

3devious, Ahuaeynjgkxs and Thorgred like this.
  10. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Hey I'm not arguing on that. In fact i am all for everything being crafted in the game, all reagents/resources being made/grown by players, no artificial gold sinks, balance, factions/ control resources/land...i could go on for days really....

In my post i was taunting Frostie...I'm sure he's dabbled in the deco side of things a little at least...would love to see how he's arranged all those skulls he's collected...He is actually a changing man, he even came to the last dance party, didn't see him dancing but i think he was having fun crouched around on the dance floor with his hands in peoples belongings....

3devious and LastChance like this.
  11. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Only quoted you because I was to lazy to type/on phone. I want to see wether @Sempiternal Dragon is all talk or not. My money is on all talk, has no skin in the game.

Bow Vale likes this.
  12. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

I think they are waiting for other mmo games to all die and then this game will be last standing in all glory :)

13. Tetsu Nevara

Tetsu Nevara Avatar

Carefull, mocking is now a crime here!

3devious and Vallo Frostbane like this.
  14. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I am looking forward to seeing a Shroud of the Avatar Super Bowl commercial to help bring in more players. :p

Elwyn, darkskwerl, 3devious and 3 others like this.
  15. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

baffled quarterbacks being quizzed by the oracle?

3devious, Ahuaeynjgkxs and Grimbone like this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "all talk" but I'm pretty sure @Sempiternal Dragon has quite a bit invested in this game. I believe that in order to get the "Legend of the Hearth" forum title you need a LotM pledge.

17. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

a: no
    b: given the three-year posting gap i suspect this is not the original user and the forum name should have been stripped.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

OK, so is it just a guild title? Still, you have to give @Sempiternal Dragon some credit, at least, for his unbridled enthusiasm for SotA. :)

KnownInGameAsGeorge likes this.
  19. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Nah that is exactly my gripe, everything he says screams false to me but I ofc dont know. This is why I asked for some pics to back up some of the crazy stuff he says.
    Real supporters of sota in my eyes are the critics that have stayed all these years even with all the abuse from this "wonderful" community

Koldar, Mykll, 3devious and 2 others like this.
  20. KnownInGameAsGeorge

KnownInGameAsGeorge Avatar

I dont getting new people in being a problem.

There has been some great press for the game and it is not even released yet.

Telethon was a nice idea early on but mostly now I see it as more of a tool to keep in touch with the community than an income stream. I was expecting them to become less and less popular, most people already playing already bought in at whatever price they intend to spend and are only throwing a few dollars in to be supportive and get the rare items.

Apart from word of mouth type reviews which I assume will be spectacular because I was part of the team on this game and it is spectacular, the trial is always going to bring new blood through for the forseeable future. Free to play access means a constant stream of players. When they move on through seasons they should unlock early material to the free players, for free play people that is like a whole new game release.

While it was a joke when earlier mentioned I do expect real assistance from other games simply sucking and failing. A lot of games are rubbish and I would not play them if I was paid by the hour, and yet people still pay to play it. This one entertains me at my own speed instead of puting me on a rail to grind like so many massproduced trash games recently. People will come to SOTA because they drift through all MMORPGs and get bored with the others, people who play these games either pick one and focus or try them all over time. Try them all people will always be coming through.

long term though I think the rabidly fanatic fans of the game will keep it successful to a certain degree just by refusing to mature past the videogames of our youth. We have businesses and wealth now that we are grownups, we can support even the most ridiculous of fantasy projects long past all common sense.

3devious likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.