Am I insane?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alexandra Cornfellow, Apr 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Again, this morning, hoping against hope that perhaps this silly issue had been fixed, I attempted to teleport to a friend in Owl's Head. BOOM! Once again I find myself teleported into the Owl's Head moongate and hence into Blood River. Come on guys, this can't be difficult to fix! I'm guessing it would only take a few minutes, if I'm wrong I apologize. But please, at least acknowledge the issue and a rough time frame for rectification. This is happening to others, it's not just me. And I can imagine that a new player, who has not experienced the many years of development, and expects a complete game--free from minor, silly bugs like this--will react.

Tamsen and Canterbury like this.
  2. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

This post should be report on the ''bug'' forum section and not here. But your not the only one having problem when getting in owl's head. Most of the times when i teleport there the game just bug and i keep stayiing on the loading screen. Pretty sure they are already aware of this! Sadly those bug should not be there after full release... lol

Bjorn Dyonisys

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  3. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Tamsen likes this.
  4. moko

moko Avatar

I teleported to Owls Head yesterday too and it put me at the moon gate but didn’t send me through. I wonder what makes this so inconsistent judging from the many players reporting issues with this?

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

i THINK it's recording the last place the person you're teleporting to left/entered the scene. some people click on the rifts from outside, some walk right into them. walking into them seems to cause problems for others.

Nelzie, Thwip, Spoon and 3 others like this.
  6. Alexandra Cornfellow

@Dyonisys, under normal circumstances I would agree with you. However there are several bug reports on this issue. I would be happy with a brief acknowledgement of the problem and when a solution can be expected.

Tamsen and Dyonisys like this.
  7. Dyonisys

Dyonisys Avatar

Can understand how it feels, this bug shoudnt even be acceptable after a full release... the problem started for me after the last release... never add it before

Canterbury and Tamsen like this.
  8. fonsvitae

fonsvitae Avatar

Try tapping your feet, even better, try clicking your heels, before you enter the moon gate.

It will also help if you use the mantra, There's no place like home, there's no place like home... but you have to really mean it (that Owl's Head is your home) as you utter these words and enter the rift.

I use the above techniques in regards the overall performance and enjoyment of SotA (as well as general forum decorum) and it is working like a charm.

moko and Spoon like this.
  9. Drake Aedus

Drake Aedus Avatar

Teleport scroll uses the last position you were in when you recalled or teleported out from.

Just checking, try walking into Owl's Head yet?

Nelzie likes this.
  10. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Alley Oop is spot on as usual - If you teleport or recall out of Owl’s Head - or quit the game and then login to the overworld later - the next time you enter will be where you left off.

moko, Thwip and Rentier like this.
  11. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Walking into Owl's Head was what I was trying to do - see my earlier post - and it was equally stuffed for me.

12. Alexandra Cornfellow

@Drake Aedus , Oh? Really? If this is the case I am forever in your debt...although I don't remember ever recalling or teleporting from inside the Owl's Nest moongate/rift. I will test this forthwith!

13. Alexandra Cornfellow

Update: Well, walking into Owl's Head did something. However I'm not certain its preferable to the moongate-twostep. Now I'm back to the 98% sustem lockup. I would think the vendors in Owl's Gate would be raising cain about this. I for one am giving up on that town for my shopping--what if you froze up every time trying to enter the doors at your local mall? Answer: find a new mall.

14. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

I’ve had it happen a couple times just walking in. It’s not anywhere near every time though. I just close and reopen the game or reboot if needed. It’s a minor annoyance but I don’t hardly go to owls head. I’d suggest not teleporting there if it happens every time at least until it’s fixed.

15. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

You don't have to recall or teleport, it goes by the last spot you were when you left that zone. So if you walk out a certain exit or leave thru the rift, the next time you teleport in you should be in that same spot. I believe its only like that for towns and pot's.

If I teleport from my house and then later recall back, I will appear right back at my house. But if I leave the zone my house is in by using the docks, I recall back in at the docks. I haven't tested it thoroughly, but that's how it's been working for me.

Edit: moko made me realize this is because I moved my house to a different lot and I never bound to the new lot

16. moko

moko Avatar

This works differently for me. I recall back to the lot I‘m bound to after having left from a normal map exit.

Adam Crow likes this.
  17. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Blood River and the Longfall region is much nicer than Owls Head. Seems like a feature not a bug.

moko likes this.
  18. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Kind of like killing the reaper and thinking there will be a cowbell. ;)

Wilfred likes this.
  19. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

Oh you know what, I think when I moved my house (different lot but same pot) I never bound to the new lot. That's probably why it does that. Thanks! I was wondering why I started showing up at my last location lately. I thought they changed something, but that must be it.

moko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.