Lock Virtue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Liltipsy, Apr 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

ya, I dont even try to deal with virtue in game because its impossible to really know where your at with the only indicators really being either you are black or white on a cloak.

Cordelayne likes this.
  2. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

It should be the Cabalists - clearing the siege, same as the Courage Club quest.

2112Starman likes this.
  3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Well, once Chris adds the stat adjustments on the Virtue gear, we may be able to see when things modify Virtue if it's a sliding scale as opposed to a "black or white" change.

What I mean is, the stats are supposed to be stronger on the edges of the Virtue scale (with a max and min cap)... so if you do something that affects it one way or the other (repeatedly) you can notice stat increases or decreases so you can decipher if something does affect Virtue by paying attention to those stat fluctuations.

2112Starman likes this.
  4. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

already don ein Dog encounters - kill the dogs and sheep and then the poor farmers ;) :p

Jaesun likes this.
  5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Good to know, I had no idea people would be offended for my random acts of wanton destruction! ;)

I have negative Truth because @EclipseMaiden forces me to steal deco items for her! :rolleyes:

Elwyn likes this.
  6. smack

smack Avatar

You could also lie to every NPC about your name. I'd bet you could probably spam that lie to the same NPC to drive it down quickly. /nerf

7. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

if you tell everyone you're @Cordelayne and then break a bunch of barrels, does his truth go down?

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Yeah I was in that Dog encounter the other day, and after seeing what kind of creatures were in there, I was pretty sure killing everything in there was probably not too virtuous (so I left).... ;)

Rentier likes this.
  9. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You talk to the Oracle about all the virtues, then wait a day (you can only ask once a day). Then do a siege. Then ask the Oracle again, and there will probably be some words about why a virtue has changed recently.

10. Liltipsy

Liltipsy Avatar

Even with the new things coming what ways are there to go negative? that is more my point here.

11. Liltipsy

Liltipsy Avatar

And to be clear I do not care too much about what virtue I am AS OF NOW IN THE GAME. However I have always played towards the darker sides of games but right now I do not feel like there is enough content in that aspect for me to care much. And before everyone yells at me I know things are coming. The bottom line here is that I want a black cloak with 2 avoid on it.

12. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I understood your point fully. That is why I was letting you know about the changes coming in... and how they will let you monitor if something is pushing towards dark or light.

If you monitor the stats with the upcoming changes, and you find something that starts increasing stats for the dark side... then you will have found something that helps you in keeping your shroud black and will also let you know what to stop doing that will make it turn white.

13. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

So much this. This is one of the main things missing from the game. We keep hearing about "choices" but you have no choice but to help Sequanna, Grannus, Ardoris, and just about every other major quest line are all in support of positive virtue.

When can we side with the Cabalists, Anapa, and those greedy Satyrs & Elves in Artifice???

Helvig Ingvildsdottir and By Tor like this.
  14. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Personally I'd just be satisfied with some sort of feedback from the game on how your virtue is being affected. Some of the things that affect virtue are just nonsensical, and its impossible to know what/howmuch is being effected at any given time. I can't choose if I want to be good or evil, I have to puzzle out the vague/obscure coding of virtuous/nonvirtous behavior with zero feedback from the game. This is a significant problem if they're going to be adding "virtue armor" because it is impossible to make an informed decision and the only thing that appears to affect virtue is killing cabalists (raise courage) and stealing (bafflingly, lowers truth). Other than a few decisions on the main questline there seems to be little reliable way to nudge the virtues in either direction, except sometimes the oracle will talk about something you supposedly did that showed your disdain. To this day I don't know what its talking about half the time.

Helvig Ingvildsdottir likes this.
  15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

There is a small (IMHO too small) amount of info by talking to the oracle, with one vague blurb about one event for each virtue, once a day. And there are two kinds of feedback we have trouble getting: what virtue changed, and the general magnitude of your curret virtue. I know I'm probably super negative on Truth (just as Lum removed being able to see those numbers, I was in the -900ish range), but I wouldn't know if I'm still hundreds away or tens away.

Apparently they are going to make virtue affect stats on certain items, so you may soon be able to get at least some idea of how far your virtue is from zero.

Jaesun and Olthadir like this.
  16. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yes and this is part of the problem.

My truth virtue before they hid in in /stats was well below -9000
    I had a black shroud for like a year? Then one day, I killed a cabalist and bam, white - but still hold truth in disdain.
    I've done a quest/virtue reset - went to oracle "clean" still hold truth in disdain persumably because of the "carry over amount" But how much? Don't know.
    How can I fix my truth virtue? Not one person has ever been able to give a clear, definitive, noticeable way to make this number go up aside from some dialogue options in the main questline. I've been truthfully telling NPCs my name through the whole quest-repeating and even passing them by, still in disdain. Is this helping? Is it not helping? How can I know? I can't.

If virtue is going to start having an impact, we absolutely need more information about what affects it. Preferably an on screen notice of when you raise/lower it so you can make an informed decision in future. If I give the beggar a coin, that helps virtue right? What if I sit and give him 100 coins over and over? Is there a limit? Is it once per day? Or can I sit and just feed this beggar 100 cheeseburgers and up my love virtue? The oracle's vague humdrum "you kinda look shady to me" is laughably inadequate.

17. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yay time to start virtue grinding.

Cordelayne and Jaesun like this.
  18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

This is by design... It's a feature, not a bug.

Olthadir likes this.
  19. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I like the idea of increasingly strong Mercs and knights weilding artifacts of virtue o.o

20. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

I'd be happy to have more choices. Preferably not only two, but more than that. NPC factions, which players can decide to support, would be awesome. Make them much different in style and alignment: One good and peaceful, one righteous and armed, one evil and deceitful, one openly and brutally evil...

But right now I'd be satisfied simply hearing from one of the devs that, no matter which choice you make in a quest, you're not missing out on any XP or items (though the items might be different depending on which side you choose). Please don't force us to act against what our character would naturally do just so we get the loot and the XP. :)

Olthadir and By Tor like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.