Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Can't jump when you hit any obstacles

Discussion in 'Player Characters, Animations, & Emotes' started by Barugon, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Someone feel free to correct me, but @Elwyn I really do think you are reporting the expected behavior from the last 30 releases. To make sure, I followed your reported location exactly as you had described. This is a huge rock, and not one that can easily 'grab' a player as they are running through a scene.

The way we have all known it for ages is we jump after release. I can make it up the rock in one jump at those exact coords - but here is where it gets tricky. Everyone has different playstyles when it comes to jumping. Some would prefer to jump while hitting the spacebar. Jumping on release is not great for everyone. I can stand still, jump once after holding, then move forward on top of the rock. It's a charging jump. If I move forward as I jump, and I don't charge, I'm already hitting up against the side of the rock and I have to hit the spacebar twice to make it.

But there is a new jump modification in the settings now. Check out this post I made here - and Elwyn's post above. The current mechanics are on by default.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...n-you-run-into-a-obstacle-like-a-rock.119787/

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Barugon
    If you can give me an exact location in game like @Elwyn did I will give it a shot. Or even video of a location (with cords for me to use) would be great. I think making sure we're all seeing the exact same things is what is gonna help us all reach an understanding here. I've been jumping in this game for ages it seems, and I will admit our mechanics are rather unique.

3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

As I posted earlier, you can reproduce it with a planting bed. You can also reproduce it with a bench (the pain crafted wood one).

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is this with the new on-key-down jump? It wasn't in last night so I wasn't able to check if it's still an issue.

[edit] I tested with on-key-down jump (had to turn off charged jumping in the options) and I can still reproduce the issue as easily as before.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Yes, you had to disable the "charged jump" setting. I would have responded sooner, but my internet suddenly died yesterday, and the repair guy just now fixed it. (apparently it was the copper under my back yard, at least there were spare pairs)

I didn't really have a chance to try it out properly other than to see that sometimes I could jump when blocked and moving, but then I saw a few other times where the first attempt at jumping wouldn't work, but the second would.

Barugon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.