Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Release 53 QA Build Now Available!

Discussion in 'Release 53 QA Feedback Forum' started by BurningToad, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurningToad

BurningToad Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

QA testing for Release 53 has now begun! The first build is 664.

Please report all bugs in our R53 QA bug forum here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?categories/release-53-qa-bug-forum.1406/

Non-bug feedback can be posted in this feedback forum, https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?forums/release-53-qa-feedback-forum.1404/

DarkStarr has posted a draft of the R53 instructions here: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...release-53-post-draft-feedback-please.119758/

When we publish new QA versions, I will post in this thread so that you know there are new things to test!

Those of you new to testing on the QA Server please note the following:
    • Do not post screenshots or video outside of the QA forums (or QA on Discord) of anything from the QA server.
    • The same Rules of Conduct apply on the QA server as they do on Live.
    • The QA server is an early snapshot of the upcoming release, which means the build on that server is going to be broken and incomplete. That is why we need your help!
    • We usually copy over data (your character for example) from the Live server to the QA server, which means when you login you will see your Live character. Any changes or progress made on the QA server will NOT affect your Live server character.
    • To report bugs for QA, please use the /devbug chat command, which will link you to the appropriate QA bug forum. While the Bug button and /Bug chat command still work, they will direct you to the Live bug forums for the previous Live release.
    • The draft of the instructions (to be posted in the R53 QA Feedback forum by Starr) you will see early on may include items that won’t actually make the release or conversely it won’t included items that will make the release. In other words the early draft of the instructions will be an early draft.

Here are instructions on how to download and install QA builds:

You can play by downloading a new SotA Launcher(QA) installer to download a separate QA copy of the game. It exists independently from the regular live version of the game and installs to a separate folder. Alternatively, after the links, there are instructions to play using Steam instead.

Windows: https://d2sx9mrt4zumaq.cloudfront.net/Installers/SotAInstaller(QA)-1.2.0.exe

Mac: https://d2sx9mrt4zumaq.cloudfront.net/Installers/Shroud of the Avatar - Installer(QA) 1.1.0.pkg

Linux Package: https://d2sx9mrt4zumaq.cloudfront.net/Installers/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher-qa_1.1.0_amd64.deb

Linux tar.gz: https://d2sx9mrt4zumaq.cloudfront.net/Installers/shroud-of-the-avatar-launcher-qa_1.1.0.tar.gz

If you want to play through Steam:

WARNING: Playing both the normal and QA versions through Steam could use up to 7 GB+ of data download via steam each time you move back and forth between versions.

To install the QA client via Steam, follow these instructions:
    • Right click on the game in your game library
    • Go to Properties
    • Click on the tab at the top that says BETAS
    • Enter the beta access code "SotAQATesting" and hit Check Code.
    • Select "qaclient" from the dropdown menu
    • Steam will switch the install to the new branch
    • To return to playing the normal client, follow these instructions:
      • Go back to the properties beta tab and select "none - opt out of all beta programs" and it will switch you back to the normal install.

2. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

no, lockdown is tomorrow (at least for penmawr) tomorrows build should be fine though

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Ah ok, - so that's when the 3-headed monkeys will be in? (or at a minimum the single headed?) ;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Roycestein Kaelstrom and hroth like this.
  5. Vas Corp Por

Vas Corp Por Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

I spent sooo much of my allowance on the lucas arts phone hintline

6. BurningToad

A new QA build has just been released, build number 666.

7. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

:rolleyes:

8. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

:eek: Maybe i will wait for the next build.

9. Grape-Ape

Grape-Ape Avatar

what big changes were in the 666 QA build? I have noticed that chaos bomb and pirate npc are still not in

10. BurningToad

A new QA build has just been released, build number 668!

11. Hermedic

Hermedic Avatar

I cannot find a good place discuss this without starting a new :

I also had a personal friend who did the trial "Visitor". I would highly recommend some FTP fixes. Firstly many crafters come to this game looking for what we have. But, in trial they do not see it until later in game "if ever" before "visitors" quit. I know the turn rate is high from visitor to account. What I experienced last night with my friend was disturbing.

Rather than lock visitor out of most everything.... Give them everything for so many days or levels. Let them see what a great thing the rest of us see, and experience. That will sell more copies of the game.

He sent me a message a week, and half ago letting me know he didn't care much for the game. Without any ask for why I just let it go, and went on. Last night I went to hang with him in Archage. The servers had an emergency shutdown in the middle of peak. So we got to discussing SOTA. I then asked a few questions, and informed him what he has seen is nothing. So since the servers were shut down, and we had little to do we decided to come here, and I could answer a few questions about the game he had.

Upon entering he never made it out of start zone. He said he spent approximately 2-4 hrs in there and not sure what to do. Running around killing npc's. More tutorial may fix issue? idk that answer..

I then pull him out to me taught him many of the base game mechanics. Showed him the overworld, and took him mining "in a cave mine" fought along side him. Showed him the crafting "as much as I could" [visitors are locked down] He said that sounds cool but what he really said if "I wish I could see more so I can decide whether to purchase or not" He said over and over I really like the mining. He could only take my word for what I was attempting to explain. "Real life friend" So help in this case. How many "visitors" have slipped by not seeing what this game truly is.

After a short adventure we returned to my row, and I attempted to give him access so the permissions would allow him to get into my boxes and learn what crafting is like...... "He is a huge crafter" Tried to teach him some basic recipes, and it wouldn't allow him to have them. I gave him some better gear I had crafted, and give him an experience that allowed him to see the game more.

So the sum of this long story is "Allow visitors to experience everything" let what we all see and know sell the game? This game will sell itself if allowed. But people have to be able to experience it first. Keep up the great work! I am afraid many who do not experience the depth will be lost. Please don't let a minor thing lose revenue for the game. I understand the visitor concept, and agree with it for anything above a certain level/timeframe. I would just like to see this "really" succeed. Basic changes will allow for more experience, and more accounts to be sold.

He is on the "buy the game" side of the fence at the moment but still a bit hesitant.

Thanks for your time Hermedic "aka" Eric

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Rentier like this.
  12. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Perhaps [Visitors] should be able to play a normal single player version of the game for a period of time without the MMO aspect clouding things or making artificial barriers. Then when trial period over they can choose to convert and get ported over to the MMO side of things.

V/R Brickbat

13. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I like the thought process there Brick, but I think trials are specifically not allowed to play offline version because then they basically get the game free (forever).

14. Brickbat

Brickbat Avatar

Then a truly private version of the MMO game with a level cap and a time limit.

V/R Brickbat

15. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

ui.... 669 downloading ....

16. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

Yeah we had a sneaky weekend build 669 released.

17. BurningToad

A new QA build has just been released, build number 670!

18. BurningToad

A new QA build has just been released, build number 671!

Rentier, Barugon and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  19. BurningToad

A new QA build has just been released, build number 672!

Barugon and Rentier like this.
  20. BurningToad

A new QA build has just been released, build number 673!

Lesni, Rentier and Barugon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.