Loading time

Discussion in 'New Player Experience Feedback' started by LowlyOne, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LowlyOne

LowlyOne Avatar

I like the game but you really need to do something about that loading time. Also, during loading, it hogs CPU bandwidth making it hard for me to do something else on the computer while it is loading.

2. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

CPU is ok (but mine is kinda exessive) but loading time is coffebreak ish

3. Kaffien

Kaffien Avatar

Blue Rose Isle, Crafters Town, Black Rock Cove
    Is your sota game installed on a 7200 rpm disk or are you using ssd? This can make a large difference in load times for this game
    especially. Not to sound condescending but does your machine conform the recommended specs? Lastly have you ever timed the load times?
    If they are truly bad for a certain area consider a bug report perhaps.

4. tableclown

tableclown Avatar

R53 might address this a bit. I agree though, load times/performance should be the #1 thing to fix. (I'm on a SSD)

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@LowlyOne

The devs have a target of 15s load time of a scene. (With good specs and connection).
    Time it and if there are issues with specific scenes then in top right corner hit that Report Bug button.

Also if you don't mind the immersion hit and if you have a bad connection then you might want to turn off the Aggressive loading in the vid options.

6. Netsurai

Netsurai Avatar

Scene loading times are long (atm is not a huge loading time diffrence for me, between a small Dungeon or City Scnene.) Have a new SSD only for SotA, option "Aggressive loading" turn off. Looks like, loading times are longer when more player are inside a scene. idk are our Scene loading times faster in "Offline Mode" ? i play in Online Mode.

Loading a "complete scene with all the stuff inside" takes just time - in all Games ^^ Well, Is it better "to stream stuff" in player/camera range? (with a range setting under game options) - "Sincespace" (made with unity3d) has the self "loading time problem" when loading a "complete scene" vs streaming parts from a scene.

/* i use Unity's built in LOD system, that keeps me from rendering too many polys, and as long as i smart about spawning/de-spawningmy stuff and small props i should be set. BUT "loading time" goes not down when i just load ALL my scene Stuff in memory at once (like old school games have do an my C64 or AMIGA lol). So what? Split a huge Scene in more parts and stream stuff in only when need (in Camera Range) or create more "time tunnel" in a huge scene (to hide loading times). i dont need a Loading Screen when i have a nice long Entrance (Time Tunnel) ... i don't create a Online Game but i try to have a open world :p - Im sure the Unity3d Engine will do this loading stuff better and better in Time - next Unity update is on the way. i use Unity3d, Blender3D, 3d-Coat, Poser11Pro, MD7 and 1001 Tools and create some 3d stuff for Unity, SL and Sansar.

But as SotA NooB - from what i have see yet - loading times are not to bad at all - btw Playerhouse owner can help out (plz don't use to many stuff in one place ^^) Ok ok GW2 or TESO loading times are a little bit faster ;) But GW2 + TESO are "AAA" MMO with a huge DevTeam + some Player Accs more or :)

What? You have a SotA Loading Screen Problem when loading Gigabyte's of Game Graphic, Sound and Animation Data? Then letz go back in Time, and look at this : ^^

after see this, the loading time in SoaA looks much faster or? ;)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.