Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please Return Damage Resistance Back To Pre-53

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by By Tor, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Lord Tachys al`Fahn Avatar

Just did a quick test, and was able to deal with four separate yellow cabalist siege mobs (granted, they were all ranged), an archer, 2 mages and a siege engineer, and the only thing that seemed to hit harder was the siege engine itself, as it smacked me for about 300 pts of damage in one hit. I'll have to see how it looks when I am dealing with melee.

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Yes but I just threw 40 out as an example. I don't have any GM defensive skill and I can get my resistance up to 58. That's quite a bit more than 40 as well. :)

I am agreeing this was too much.. but it did need balancing in a big way. Unfortunately, have to go to work now. :p

3. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I don't see why not. Only a point or two per attack. But nobody should be completely immune to attacks to anything at any level. If at any point you can tank an infinite number of anything and not get hurt, then the diminishing returns formula is not working as intended. If twenty ADV Level 40 characters would find it impossible to take down one ADV Level 120 character, then something has gone horribly wrong in the design.

Witcheypoo and xadoor like this.
  4. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

Does it make sense for a rabbit to damage someone wearing full plate armor? Or chain mail for that matter? Hell, I don't think a rabbit should be able to damage someone in leather. There has to be a point at which 100% of physical damage is negated in my opinion.

I'm all for balancing too though. Don't get me wrong. I don't think anyone should be 100% immune to damage 100% of the time. I think that instead of applying a linear reduction across the board like this, they should've created an logarithmic falloff as you approach 100%. Eventually the cost of getting that extra .1% DR wouldn't be worth it.

5. Pawz

Pawz Avatar

Hmm are you using melee? I'm killing quite a bit faster now.

Bigg likes this.
  6. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

I'v watched him do it. I did power level him and helped him get some nice equipment. He would gather a bunch of wolves or bears in tier 5 zones and essentially take little to no damage after natural regeneration.

If he was afk only 1 or 2 would attack so they had no chance to kill him.

7. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Something else to note, I went in "cold", with no buffs applied... when I usually go in with Dragon stew and wolf surprise burning in my gut and Devotional blessings to bump combat health and focus regen, and I barely noticed a change in damage, with the noted exception.

Cordelayne likes this.
  8. DooMAGE

DooMAGE Avatar

its an mmorpg, not all content should be soloable, there is a new looking for a group feature, use it :)

9. xadoor

xadoor Avatar

and there it starts

Everyone here in pain should remember how it feels to be nerfed so you have compassion when its someone else's build getting nerfed. Cause when its a single skill like rapid fire that doesn't affect everyone the forum totally fills up with "live with it" posts.

10. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

The point here is, we're not looking for content to be solo-able. This change is wiping the effectiveness of ~30 levels of time spent playing the game for most people, placing them at a level where if they are actively trying to progress, they are looking at a negative skill gain situation, as someone at my level burns more xp attacking tier three mobs than the mobs are worth.

11. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Yes. Blades. I see absolutely ZERO difference in the amount of time it takes me to kill the things I normally kill every day. I am just getting destroyed by them when they bunch up on me. I should take damage from them for sure, but this is crazy amounts of damage WITH the buffs active. It almost looks like the buffs are doing nothing. I'm not exaggerating at all!

I let some things hit me with the buffs, and then I heal up and I let the same things hit me with no defensive buffs at all, and it looks like there is the same exact amount of damage in either case. Why did I GM all of these skills? Why do they exist?

12. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I agree, not everything should be solo-able. I am AL 94 and can't solo everything and am fine with that.. but we shouldn't be forced to group up if we want to play solo.. and that's what this DR nerfing has done... it's essentially eliminated solo playing.

Tamsen, Dawgs of War, Dhanas and 4 others like this.
  13. Lord Tachys al`Fahn

Just had to note, that I am chuckling after reading your post, then your sig... ;)

Witcheypoo, Athanil and Cordelayne like this.
  14. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

Lol - Yes, ironic! :)

Witcheypoo and Cordelayne like this.
  15. Nikko

Nikko Avatar

Well, now they all need to travel as one. Everywhere. With healers.

16. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

we won't have a choice now. /sigh

3devious and Tamsen like this.
  17. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

Wasn't this tested on the test server? I'm sure someone had to notice it, either it was brought up and was working as intended or no one spoke up about it.

18. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

So from the look above they have followed their development pattern to a "T" they adjusted the game based on looking at some of the extreme right of the bell curve, and included it from a PvP POV as a result they have extremely overstep the "Balance" to a point is basically destroyed a whole Skill Set.

Instead of really "balancing" like this points too
    They have knee jerked of the deep end.

I am about to log in and since I do not min max the game I am sure as a Leather Wearing Archer I am going to see a massive change to how I play. Just from reading these forums I see nothing but doom.

In the end the players who were used as a measuring stick will not even flinch and it appears the casual "player" is once again kicked to the curb.

(((Reserving this place for updates from actual feedback)))

Tamsen, Duke Gréagóir and By Tor like this.
  19. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I did see a thread about it on the QA feedback section. 99 percent of the comments were against it. I wish that this was all just a bug but it unfortunately looks like it's working as intended.

K1000 likes this.
  20. Lathiari

Lathiari Avatar

I don't see how anyone would say this is "more balanced now". Bottom line I cannot survive in areas where I previously survived.. and I am not talking like I had absolute survival either, I actually had to pay attention and play well to do so, now it's gone from "hey if I play this right I can pull it off" to a more simple "nope, I'm dead". I went from a max of 98% (still getting 1-4 shotted by "bosses" btw) to a max of 53%.. this is completely destroying the "TANK" playstyle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.