Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Known] Offline Droprates didn't increase

Discussion in 'Offline Mode' started by Andrew Silverston, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

• Offline Drop Rates: In Online Mode, the drop rates were tuned based on the assumption of player trade. For example, the rarity of recipes was meant to be offset by the fact that they would be sold on player vendors to other players and/or they could be taught between players. In Offline Mode, none of that works, of course , and therefore the game was unnecessarily difficult—in some cases, veritably impossible. For R53, the drop rates for almost everything has been increased in Offline Mode. This means that resources (ex. ore), artifacts, recipes, gold, and components will now all appear at much greater frequency.
    I played the game for about 2 hours, tier 5 mobs, not a single recipe or even a single bundle of any rarity, yes the worn armor now drops and some junk like tubes and jars. Ore still drops 1-3 pieces per vein, even in the tier 5 mines, same with trees and cotton shrubs. So what did you exactly increase? I would like to know, before I take another break until you fix it in the next release... :(

2. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

bummer

3. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

2 hours isn't particularly long. need a slightly larger length of time.

4. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

for a lot of people who have full time jobs and families, being able to play for two hours at a stretch is a luxury. If that isn't long enough for the changes to be visible/viable, then the changes are inadequate.

Feeyo, Jayde, Gregg247 and 1 other person like this.
  5. Talimar

Talimar Avatar

? I didn't reference that kind of length of time as being a luxury for good reason, and you're likely seeing a 20% increase in ore drops since nominally it's 1-2, and not 1-3. (stacked together.) give it a total of a good 6 hours before you compare drop rates. At least. Without actual knowledge of the changes, and relative average time; we can't be precise in regards to other drop rate improvements. (where say a 0.13 was incased to a 0.26; the relative time-scale isn't going to half. It's nominally an inversed cube over a time frame. So doubling the drop chance that on average takes 10-16 hours of play will be something like 8.6-13 or so. math in this case is quirky; where the lowest number range will show a small decrease in time.)

6. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

What much is 20% drop increase for an offline game? I don't know if you are judging based on the online SoTA standards, but increasing a drop from 1-2 to 1-3 will not do us any good AT ALL. It had to be at LEAST doubled, to make any kind of sense for an offline single player game. Offline games supposed to cater to the casual gamer, who doesn't have 6-10 hours every day to grind whatever. It's awesome that SoTA can be played as a single player offline game, but at this point it is still the same as before "In Offline Mode, ... the game was unnecessarily difficult—in some cases, veritably impossible".

This drop rate increase didn't change our life much at all in an offline game. I am disappointed that I had to wait few weeks, to only see 20% drop increase. I don't need stupid tubes and jars in loot tables,, or what is the point for a worn armor to drop, if I still can't craft myself anything, unless I sit in the darn cave for 6-10 ours a day. CASUAL PLAYERS DON'T HAVE these hours in their life for a DAILY grind. *sigh*... Sorry, I am just frustrated that Port has done this flop... Just do a ninja patch and increase already the drop rates in offline game appropriately this time, ok?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  7. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Resource drop rates were doubled in rate and quantity so it is perplexing that you are seeing zero difference.

8. DarkStarr

Are you sure you aren't playing in Single Player Online?

To add more data here are all the increases:
    • Resources: 2x Quantity, 2x Rate
    • Gold: 3x
    • Components: 10x
    • Recipes: 10x
    • Artifacts: 50x

Browncoat Jayson and Retlaw like this.
  9. DarkStarr

Looks like this might be a bug. Moving to bug forums.

Bubonic and Talimar like this.
  10. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

wow, that's awesome... but yeah, I am definitely not seeing this change... Yup, fully offline game, not any kind of mode of online. thank you for noticing my post and moving to bug, hopefully it will be resolved soon. Going to wait until the bug is fixed then... don't wanna spoil my offline game experience any more.

11. sarbonn

sarbonn Avatar

Thank you for posting this observation because it's the one reason I just stopped playing the offline version of the game. The loot and resources were atrociously bad. I had hoped this change was going to change everything. Guess I'll just wait until I start to hear from people that it's actually being fixed before trying again.

12. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

13. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Thank you much! Will the fix come in R54, or sooner?

14. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Bug is now fixed! Thank you kindly, Port, life is good again! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.