Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Heavy armour - non casting

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Almar, Apr 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

+1 to the above two posts. There's one good thing that came from all this. I came home from work and for the first time since persistance..had no desire to play. Thank you for steering me away from this game and back to other things.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  2. Almar

Almar Avatar

I can't understand why it's the players who are always made feel weaker, it's a mental setback for us. I'm now back doing zones I did six months ago and taking greater damage to boot!

This is what makes people give up. Effort wasted, going over old zones again to try and feel relevant.

My plate/blades spec was not overpowered, it took me ages to get to the point that I was achieving something in the game, I was not looking to be uber powerful and solo bosses, just make my preferred playstyle work. I was just about handling Ravenswood liches and having fun while doing so. I wouldn't dream of trying it now.

Now I'm back to three patriarch bears making me look like Goldilocks! I lose half my health with both defensive stance and fortify defenses at 90.

This is the problem with having no upper limit and trying to balance extreme playstyles with more average players like me. It's just not possible, especially when you throw PvP into the mix.

In the process of trying for this mythical 'Balance' you'll kill off interest in the game.

Please review your recent decisions.

3. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

Seems just another example of those of us who want to play melee characters and not the usual tankmage/hybrid thingie not being allowed to.

Bad enough having to learn a load of magic skills we don't want just to get enough magic resistance but now this. Obviously 100 percent DR is not right but surely a pure melee build should be viable ?

SOTA is ever more "World of Tank Mages" which makes the advertised classless system seem a bit of a joke and a bad one at that.

4. Dinsoo

Dinsoo Avatar

I've noticed all nerfs are "fixes" as @Chris usually mentions. Perhaps Chris can ease the pain a little? The pendulum swung way too far on this one.

5. Gorthyn

Gorthyn Avatar

And I agree with others that this stems from having no caps but trying to curb the handhul of Uber players at the expense of the rest of us.

This game can't survive catering for the top players only...

6. Cerus

Cerus Avatar

Hey everyone.
    Thank you for the feedback you have shared with us so far in this thread. We noticed that multiple threads have been opened about the same topic.
    It is difficult for us to keep track of the conversation(s) and information about the topic this way. If you have further feedback or comments, please share it in this thread.

We are not merging the threads in this case as each of them has multiple pages and the result would be too chaotic.
    Cheers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.