What are the standards for community here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ravicus Domdred, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't see any violation of the rules in this thread.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You are phishing for something, you have been around long enough to know the rules and have seen how they are enforced.

You have had the rules reposted in a link.

You clearly have a very specific topic you want to breach and are pretty sure that it is wrong and are therefore trying to see how close you can get to the edge with it before you go over.

Post you concerns, put on a flame proof suit, and be prepared to have the thread moderated if you think it is over the line.

You will never get the real answer until you ask the real question.

3. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

From what i've seen if you avoid approaching a topic in a fiery and be all or end all way you should be fine.

Things that tow the line:
    anything akin to "this member/dev is ignorant and doesnt know etc"
    Intentionally trying to egg someone into a rage. This is often attempted sneakily so "best judgment" is used. If your itnentionally trying to push the envelope without crossing the line, chances are you may have already crossed the line.
    And discussing actions against a person/post publicly with intent to incite protest.

Other than that, I see a post moved to a different section now and then. Bust most of what i see locked or moderated has been posts bashing moderation. Folks who bash moderation and get moderated are gonna bash moderation more, and get moderated more. So that may be a catch 22.

If its a legitimate gripe about the game, i doubt itll be moderated as long as its presented in a peacable manner. Hating something and ripping a new one will incite a equal reactionf rom the other side of the fence, and its the resulting flame wars over it that usually get a post moderated i believe.

In short: I dont think its the OP's that get moderated usually. Its the back and forths following that can get it moderated.

4. Sylence

Sylence Avatar

Exactly

5. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

AFAIS the problem it is the struggle between some customers and a producer over a product which isn't exactly what the customer wants but it has been paid long time ago. Customers say the promises about the final product haven't been kept. The producer says he is still working at the problem and someday the product will be perfect. You don't need to be a clairvoyant to understand that no side will win this struggle and that the battle will get dirty sooner or later. Similar battles in the past in other games and situations show that only a comparison will work. Handing out plans about the next episode while the first is only partly finished doesn't help to improve the faith of the customers.

6. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I feel like a fish that sees something tasty.

7. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

what are you op.12 years old..sheesh :p Post the thing and unleash the kraken.

8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Yes it was answered back with the link. Its why I stopped replying. I do want to say one more thing. Look at some of the posts in this thread and ask yourself is some of them are not flaming, trolling, or personally attacking. Be honest with yourselves. (This is not directed toward you @crafymethod )

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  9. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

i'll be honest and in 81.1% of my posts i am trolling. Now that the truth is out there...

10. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

SoTA appeals to a very small number of older gamers. That is a characteristic of a niche game.

11. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

As you know and have posted about frequently in the past Ravicus, we have the entire Rules & Guidelines available for your reference. We are more than happy to answer your questions directly, just ask me or @Cerus and we'll take care of your concerns!

Thanks,
    Berek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.