Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Reapers are no longer slowed by my ice field/ice arrow

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Lord Baldrith, Apr 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I don't know if this is as intended or a bug, but it's a very sad day when my level 80 water specialization along with the 145 attunement (without ice shield on) yields less damage and slow than it did before I had it specialized.

I plead for an end to the constant nerfing to my characters damage especially in the water tree. My slows are worse than they ever were and I had specialized in my water tree to hope that I would get at least 70% slows or better only to find my skills to be as bad or worse than they ever were. My disabling shot gets 50% slow and my ice arrow is 44.7% at GM with Icy Breath GM even with a very serious effort to focus on my water tree.

I worked hard on my water tree. My character is weak and cannot fight reapers anymore.

Balance is one thing, but making our characters weaker for balance is not fun. I thought the game was supposed to be fun...

I don't generally post in the forums anymore. I have run out of things to say honestly hehe...

2. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Hey LB! Yeah it's a bug, but I agree the recent "balancing" going around this release has made the game less fun :eek:

3. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ya very sad...There are other games that talk about how fun in a game doe snot include nerfing your characters for the sake of balance...That's why I spend more time on Project Gorgon than this game as it stands.

4. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yeah brother, I just don't get it myself either. This last release really nerfed my build and now my incentive to play is really low. I guess I get so exhausted by all these pendulum swings of nerfing builds back and forth in the name of "balance". I love this game, but damn it's frustrating at times lol. :)

5. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ya, I love alot about this game...but I want to have fun with my character. I don't like to die it's too punishing. I play a game where dying is rewarded with death XP. I can explore and have fun. Here I just stay in Greymark forest so I don't die. Now I can't kill reapers anymore...there goes one of the only things I enjoyed about fighting in the forest haha...I see no reason for these nerfs. I don't care about PvP...I am a PvE only player...If someone is offended by the amount of slow the water tree gets then play the water tree sheesh.

6. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I couldn't agree more! I hate PvP and only PvE and all these nerfs just ruin the game for me. I'm getting really tired of it, now plate armor has become all but useless. I can get the same DR wearing bone armor without any of the fizzle of plate. It's just ludicrous!

7. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

All I can say I this is a fix., and a bug. Y know exactly what you used to be able to do and it was too much, You could basically "freeze" the Reapers in place. As they have said it was "fixed" and broken at the same time.

At no time should any combination of skills like Ice Fields / Ice Arrow do what it was doing..B-U-T a fix is not eliminating or making anything totally immune to one skill or the other.

SO there was definitely some balancing needed but yeah broken at same time.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes but now they walk right though ice like it was not there and disabling shot disables as ice should do to some degree. Ice should slow.

9. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

No. I should be able to freeze enemies. I am an ice mage. As it stands they barely slow enough to notice. It's bad enough ice does so little damage now it doesn't even slow things. Ya this kind of stuff ruins the game for me.

10. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Can confirm that ice used to freeze the treants (reapers) and now it does not. I think its supposed to be a slow effect. Please give it back! :D

11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

sorry but not to the point they are defenseless, sure slow them but the slow level before was just OP as I said yes needs to be fixed again but not to the level it was

12. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

So in other words I should not be able to fight the reaper alone? Doesn't work for me.

13. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I can solo the reaper just fine by kiting with ranged, etc and not using any freeze effect. So can my husband Drizzet with death magic.

14. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Didn't Chris say somewhere in the last week that he was nerfing Ice mages due to OP? I cannot remember where I read that. I am sure it was somewhere on here or in the livestream or something like that.

15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Never said that, I said , and you can quote me correctly this time -

"No one set of spells or skills -i.e. Ice Field w/ Ice Arrow, should reduce a targets movement to the point where they are defenseless."

Notice I did not say anything about them being totally ineffective. I know exactly what they did before and it was too much. I most definitely needed adjusting (same thing I said before) but they definitely went to far (also same thing I said before)

BTW I am done with this debate, it needs fixing . but it was OP.

nope he did comment that he was going to look at AOE Spells and fields as they where doing to much , he also said they are al now pretty much broken but he has worked to hard to break them so he needed a break and was not going to try and fix anything until after the weekend.

16. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

17. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Yep, death magic is the one that is OP hahaha...but seriously stop nerfing my ice magic it was already bad enough.

18. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I didn't say you said anything Weins. I simply was implying that as a cloth wearing, squishy mage, if my ice spells do not slow mobs I will die. As it stands they do not slow mobs. My disabling shot slows them more than my ice arrow which is at GM level along with my icy breath. I don't see how freezing an enemy with ice breaks the game. I play many games where I can freeze enemies. I don't expect it to freeze them forever, 5 seconds, 10 seconds? I don't know, but ice has always had a freezing and slowing effect. In this game it really doesn't. Try using ice arrow on a wolf...they still get to me before i get a 2nd spell off...

I'm done with this convo as well Weins.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.