Growth as a Musician since Shroud of the Avatar's Soundtrack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Holt, Apr 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holt

Holt Avatar

Hello! Grandmaster Bard Holt Ironfell here, also known as James Stratton-Crawley in the music credits.

I am working on my 5th album since Poets' Circle was founded and collaboratively accomplished the Shroud of the Avatar soundtrack! My, time has flown. I admit, I barely knew a thing about music in 2014, when I teamed up with Kailef (who helped me so much) and many other musicians.

Chris Spears encouraged me to share some of my latest music on the forums, so I'm writing to those interested. I'll post a few tracks and you can hop over to my personal soundcloud for more, or look me up on any music service as 'James Stratton-Crawley' (ie. Spotify, iTunes, etc)

Or just head over to soundcloud.com/jscrawley and check it all out! Great for hours of RPG adventuring.

I want to thank Lord British, Starr Long, Chris Spears, Firelotus and so many more who encouraged and supported us all. I consider it the beginning of a long career in music and a change in my life direction. I compose almost every day now. You can follow me on instagram at @official.jscrawley or on twitter @jscrawley and sometimes reach me via PM if my email bothers to tell me I have one! :)

I love you all, thank you for making Shroud of the Avatar great, and enjoying Poets' Circle's music. Our official royal warrant guild website is still https://poetscircle.net but busy lives have kept the Guild relatively inactive since alpha... the golden years of music in Lord British's court!

Holt Ironfell, Grandmaster Bard

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Thanks for sharing. I love listening to your soundtracks in sound cloud. Keep up good work!

Coffee Pirate and Bow Vale like this.
  3. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Excellent!
    @Holt Thanks for all the work on the sound track!
    I have an idea for you. Have you ever worked with Midi/.abcs?
    Something that might would be really cool is if you were to create a few songs in midi format.
    They could then be made into sheet music that us bards in game can play :)
    Perhaps Port would bundle them together and sell as a "Bard Music bundle".
    I just thought some original sheet music would be really cool.

Black Tortoise, Holt and Hornpipe like this.
  4. Holt

Holt Avatar

That would be a lot of fun. When I have sthe me time to kill I'll try to learn to do that!

Hazard, Hornpipe and Leostorm like this.
  5. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Awesome! There are a few methods for conversion, but there are also a couple free programs that you can write directly as midi. Just let me know if you need any help and i'll do my best :)

Holt likes this.
  6. mute209

mute209 Avatar

Thanks for sharing! Great stuff :)

7. Floors

Floors Avatar

So, is there a possibility that you will contribute upgraded music to Shroud then ? I mean it's already good as it is compared to most games.

8. Holt

Holt Avatar

There is a possibility of anything with this game, that I learned long ago! :)

Hornpipe, Barugon, Rentier and 2 others like this.
  9. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

Thanks for this! Added your albums in my Google store library yesterday and have found them easily listening (The Volume 3 collective works had some which reminded me of the music in Shroud).

Question for you (Or Portalarium maybe); Do you know if there are plans to release the Shroud soundtrack on these platforms?

10. Holt

Holt Avatar

Thanks Shathiell! I don't know if they will add those on those platforms. They could, probably not too difficult, but it would take some resources/time away from the game to do so. I don't own all the rights to each track on the soundtrack, otherwise it'd be something I'd have done a while ago I think, using Distrokid or Amuse for simplicity's sake perhaps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.