Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Resolved] Player vendor "locked" on own lot

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by moko, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moko

moko Avatar

I still am unable to either remove or rename my player vendor from my lot. As soon as I try to move it or rename it I get an "this item is locked" error even though I am the owner of the lot and theoretically should be able to move the vendor I think. I've been experiencing this ever since I gave the vendor a new outfit (green female merchant) and first placed the vendor. Is there a "lockdown"-function I am overlooking or is it a bug? I can remove other stuff including NPC pets just fine.

Posted it last release, my specs haven't changed since then, coordinates still the same too:
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ked-unable-to-remove-or-rename-vendor.117903/

Will post new bug report details as soon as I am home again but am currently playing via "GeForce Now" which makes me unable to paste the bug report here...

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Thanks for speaking to me in game. I think we got some good info out of looking at your property.
    Bug #: 58666. Thank you.
    @moko

This is the only known case we have at this time. If anyone else out there is having this exact issue please tag me.

3. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

4. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

@Brighton Rock

We just figured out what the problem was. This information may help you (or others) as well.
    "Lady" is an in-game title, and all titles (and more) have been added to the word filter list. This causes a 15 minute 'time out' situation where the name cannot be changed again, by anyone. Even if it is a valid name. This is why I ran into the issue when I showed up at her property. She just had tried to change it to that same name again. When it gets into this state the item is locked and cannot be moved, picked up, etc.

Be sure to check the name you are trying to use, but wait a good 20 minutes after the last 'locked' message has appeared.

moko likes this.
  5. Brighton Rock

Brighton Rock Avatar

ok thx.
    I also tried to use a title in the name.

6. Coroticus

Coroticus Avatar

I have a CF Vendor with the Female Green outfit on. I was moving it from my row to an Inn. Picked up the vendor, got the usual messages all items have been sent to the bank. Walked over to the other lot, renamed the vendor and placed her down, then poof, she disappeared. She shows up sitting down in the original spot at my row where I picked her up. I can interact, place inventory, remove inventory, but can no longer pick her up or move her.

7. Kyriana Nvermore

Kyriana Nvermore Avatar

I am having the same issue on my vendor in Diamond fields... he poofed back into the same spot on my lot and now wont move or be picked up. i even unclaimed lot and he still sat there in the woods

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.