Why can't new players buy rowhouses in game, so many empty lots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oyjord Hansen, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

That's a very valid point.
    I see no way to adress it in a general fashion tbh but it is bothering me too.

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Etceter gets some decent traffic too. I would rather have an Etceter lot than an Owl's Head lot.
    I expect them to put more questing in the currently unused towns, once they get caught up with the current release content.

Another thing about row houses and NPC towns is that many towns were made before row lots became a thing. In particular, the oldest PRTs have no row lots at all.

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Thi smay or may not happen, but it would make them a one stop destination only. Imo no real solution. Altough it would help.

4. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

I am thinking he's right, and not in a one stop kind of way. I am looking at this from the "starting line" which is kind of where we are. As the game grows, future episodes come in etc... I expect that whole storylines and repeatable things will blossom out of the currently underutilized towns.

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Well, i (mildly) disagree.
    In the end you can put repetable quests in every town but players will decide if they do them or not.
    The result usually is that players stay in their focus area and just miss out on the rest of the repetable quests.
    But i might be wrong. SotA players are a breed apart in a lot of things ^^

6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

7. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

8. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

There are a bunch of Row lots in Resolute, they are just outside the city walls.

9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Pretty amazing view from the two basic sides of players who play this game; 1 Those who play for the enjoyment of the game itself and just want to participate and the other style who wants to play but also be more of a part of the Economy and make the game work for them as well as just play along. The first is content just having a nice place, the second wants more of a hustle / bustle. Both enjoy the game but have a slightly diff view of what they want / need. Neither is wrong but just different.

NOW - the NPC towns , remember each lot in these NPC(PRT) towns was made for one reason and only one reason - the developer had to make a space avail for each and every Lot Deed sold +10% NOT including POTs. POTs sold much, MUCH more than expected, as a result there is a lot less demand for NPC (PRT) use. They continually introduce way for players to acquire Lot Deeds but the "Prime" location have been taken by those who paid for the right to get them. They should also NEVER be devalued in any way by adding more to them. Sorry but that is the main benefit (really the only one left) from early backing.

Now if you really need space to live there are soooo many areas avail for player to go. I myself have offered up my town so many time to players who have Lot Deeds, and I actually have and still have space I am prob never going to get around to working with and allowing players to live / use them. I have given my air ship access to two player who neither bothered to really use and they have moved to their own. Good for them but I am not alone in letting players use space if they want to. I also have ALOT of space to place LOT deeds if you have a POT lot deed and just want a place to live. Again I am not alone in this just ask around.

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
  10. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

I mean, youre probably not wrong. I am still hopeful just because as you said... the sota demographic is certainly...different.

11. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I have deed and house, but the daily tax sucks the fun out of playing so i do not use it. |Aside i have no idea why i NEED it, my bank account is still bigger than i need it adter i spend less than on the house on it_

12. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

You know about the 500g/day from talking to the Oracle, I hope?

13. Deadly Habit

Deadly Habit Avatar

Yea a lot of the demographic is delusional (myself included) always talking about the game this could be in the future, not the game it currently is.

14. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

You mean the 500 gp from the oracle i can use for fuels instead dumping into paying tax ? yeah.

majoria70 likes this.
  15. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Well so far, the game's pretty much what I thought it was going to be in its post launch state as of several years ago. Including things which I was told I was crazy for thinking of like a middle currency (COTO's), artifacts and land deeds / housing in loot. Because by several peoples logic that because those things werent there now (then) then they'd not be included for launch or werent part of the design intent.

I just appreciate and like what is here now, while conservatively looking forward to the future because i have faith in the vision of the game and the skill of the team. Im not in love with the buggy nature of some things, but i am patient. There are games i know of, including many of 'the greats' with bugs i know that have been around since day 1 years ago.

Jaesun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.