Reaper Feedback

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jordizzle, May 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

I think the loot table for reapers is perfect. Drizzet and I have killed about 400 collectively to get the cowbell and shirt recipe with no luck yet. My dye and his carpentry businesses are SET for a long time, however. Trees don't have gold. Why would they?

Please don't change anything.

2. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Unfortunately, that just means you're under powered. Some mobs are just going to be higher level and not for everyone to solo. Perhaps start a group?

3. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Avatar

I agree, loot could be a lot better in the game over all. Reaper loot usually isn't really that bad though. It sounds like you got a really crummy roll on that one.

Do we get more loot now? Yeah, but it's mostly worth nothing to 1 gold and takes up bag space and weight.

Not to rain on your parade, but real heartbreak is fighting a Cabalist with 10k Health and getting 40 gold worth of stuff at the end 90% of the time.

However, sieges are a little more balanced now to pay out better, so I digress. Even though the engineers run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

4. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Whoa! I had no idea these things were so pricey! Thanks for this intel.

Sorthious likes this.
  5. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I think the biggest challenge with loot is that people want to sell it immediately, rather than collect for awhile and then track down a vendor that might be willing to purchase a quantity they can now fill. That was challenging for me in the beginning. That's why I think it's great S Mart and others started offering smaller quantity sell orders for newbies who might just have 10-50 of an item, and not 1000-10000 for example.

Now that I have enough gold income and savings to get me through the collecting phases between going to market to sell, it's not as challenging. When you are hard strapped for gold in the early game, struggling to pay repair bills and buy consumables/gear, it can really feel like a crappy system.

Sorthious and Jordizzle like this.
  6. redfish

redfish Avatar

(Btw it would be fun to have things like squirrel carcasses show up on reapers)

7. Humbert_Humbert

Humbert_Humbert Avatar

The problem in my opinion is the lack of cap. There are people who can instantly kill these beasts. Thus, if you put decent loot on them they will be farmed over and over.

GreyMouser Skye likes this.
  8. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I was definitely under powered, but if I only spent 1 Mandrake fighting it, I still would be in the negative because the reaper didn't even drop 1 gold.

Yes, when I kill something I'd prefer to have instant gratification. I don't really care for items that I have to track down other people, and negotiate prices or travel around to vendors trying to find a buy order in order to make a profit. Those types of items are nice incentives though.

That makes sense! But why would skeletons have gold on them? They don't even wear pants, so no pockets LOL.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  9. redfish

redfish Avatar

Just my opinion; I don't think its necessary, or even necessarily good, to make everything in the game about instant gratification. Ultimately, if that's all you're after, there are plenty of other mobs, humanoid mobs, that drop gold... and its perfectly fine to go after those mobs in particular because you want the instant results.

But I personally agree with LB that loot drops should try to make sense. And its okay to make reapers a specialty type of mob where people interested in making money off of them should be willing to put in the legwork for selling the stuff they get. This actually makes the mobs more interesting IMO, and not basically just loot bags with a different wrapper.

Unfortunately I haven't fought any reapers in game yet so I don't know what exactly they have on them on a regular basis, but I bet there could be a ton of interesting things. I know about ashen heartwood... it would be cool to be able to craft your own mimics with them, or do other types of similar things.

Tiki Pirate and Sorthious like this.
  10. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

That's not unreasonable at all. I think a middle ground can be found. Couple of ideas that could potentially alleviate this issue:
    • Bazaar/Market Listing style system like in SWG. Essentially, you could see offers throughout the galaxy/world, but you had to travel to the actual vendor in order to purchase it. Kind of kept the local/regional markets in tact while allowing players to quickly see where things were selling. They'd then decide if it was worth while to travel vs pay more to stay put. I think this is a better alternative to a global auction house which many have requested here.
    • Traveling/specialized/seasonal vendors that appear in different towns at different times who buy these specialty items at a premium. This would still just set a floor for the value of these items. However, if you want instant gratification, you have to be willing to accept things at under value.

Synergy Blaize and Jordizzle like this.
  11. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

LOL!!!! So, Reapers eat squirrels?

12. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

You can find Reapers in Ulfheim(sp?) and Savernoc Woods(sp?)(or possibly it's Savernoc Stronghold)) and a few other places that I don't remember. If there are too many people in the zone you can always go to Party/Private mode to hunt them! If you need help/tips let me know; more than happy to help!

Witcheypoo likes this.
  13. redfish

redfish Avatar

Only the ones that try to nest in them... and hoard nuts in their ears... and make annoying chip-chipping sounds...

Witcheypoo, Jaesun, Vermine and 3 others like this.
  14. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Having instant gratification drives down the value of items. So, if you have every Reaper droping Ashen Heartwood and Cowbells, how much do you think they would be worth? I can probably kill 20+ per hour; this is just a guess, it may be way more than this, as it takes me less than a minute to kill one, and there are two in a given scene. Having a globally searchable market is a good idea, but it can be exploited; people will buy all the cheapest items and resell at values that they deem appropriate.

Witcheypoo likes this.
  15. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Thank you for that post!!!! Made me laugh!

16. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Think I'd agree with maybe 50gp at most. Don't wan't to make it something that people farm over and over and they are still making as much as they could make hunting elsewhere. The chance at a Cowbell or Ashenwood should be the incentive to keep killing it again and again. The risk to the player is that they make less gold hunting Reaper than hunting elsewhere, and the reward is the Ashen Wood or Cowbell if/when they succeed.

17. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I have one and it only works on Reapers unfortunately. It cuts the Reapers attack speed in half IIRC.

18. Oeneusc

Oeneusc Avatar

If you need a shirt recipe I have more than a few.

19. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Hmmm...have to try mine again, it didn't do that at first. Might be a recent change in one of the patches. For me, it only did a +50% Attack Speed for the Reaper. Ty for the info!

20. Ryodin Stormwind

Ryodin Stormwind Avatar

I wasn't suggesting that his instant gratification consist of always dropping Ashen Heartwood and Cowbells...

I was suggesting that there be an easier way to sell the stuff that does drop than having to horde it until enough was collected that a player would buy it.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.