Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Not a fan of loot change.

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Despothes2, May 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Despothes2

Despothes2 Avatar

I now have hundreds of rusty spoons, bowls, farming tools, rusty armor, etc weighing me down as I hunt. Would it have been much harder to just up the gold drops, or add items of high value? I am so glad that I can get 10 bottles worth 1 gold each now, and oh man the wood bowls.

This is not an improvement. At least there's a new lottery for house deeds.

2. TheGrinch

TheGrinch Avatar

I agree. Now after going hunting for an hour it takes me 10 minutes to clean all the useless crap out of my pack. This junk just weighs me down and causes me not to be able to hunt for as long at a time. Take this junk back please.

3. DooMAGE

DooMAGE Avatar

or you know, you can just get what you want and leave the stuff you don't?

4. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

I have actually been pleasantly surprised with the loot this release. Granted I have spent more time mining than adventuring but the loot drops in Elysium have been great. Tons of worn leather armor which gives an extra 30+ gp (roughly) per item.

Draugur2, Baratan and FrostII like this.
  5. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

I am in hog heaven! As a hoarder, I can't get enough....... o_O

Cordelayne and Spoon like this.
  6. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

If it's not worth keeping it, trash it. Complaining about having more things doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

When this new loot first came aboard (this release), I looked at it and said to myself W*F.
    Then, I realized that I simply HAD to have at least 1 of each for deco or a Halloween party - and am in the process of getting my collection complete.
    Beyond that, if you look at some of the loot - the total resale value alone is a step ahead from what we used to get off common stuff.

For instance:

[​IMG]

This is off a Tier 1/2 (yea, that's Tier half of one) in Blood River Outskirts .
    I'm joking about the Tier, for any newbie who doesn't get it.

Anyway, if you add up what you can sell this stuff for - in this case 195 gp's , PLUS the 47 gold it was carrying - this guy was worth 242 gp's !

I'm a fan ! ;)

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I can definitely see the effort was made to give us what we asked for and that was more loot and did I say more loot. So now what and I'm not complaining really we needed more and is it interesting and one question is will it get old? Some of it may unless there's interesting uses for it. One new player said he wishes he could find some magic weapons.

I vote for interesting coded items that take some time later like pieces to treasure maps that can be put together and we get shovels that one day can dig once we get a full map put together. Or runes that form a puzzle when all of them are found.

How about hatching a dragon egg or a surprise egg sometimes found? We could keep it warm, feed it, and watch it hatch and more. Finding items that give quests also, and it could be fishing up a message in a bottle or a fish that swallowed a deed.

I vote for sounds when we get something cool or when we fall. Not irritating sounds but notification sounds, when something happens and when finding very special items. Notices should not be buried in the chat window.

Roycestein Kaelstrom and FrostII like this.
  9. Ancev

Ancev Avatar

Maybe the paintings can be salvaged in carpentry to reveal more rare paintings, cryptic notes, lottery tickets, quest items, etc.

10. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Love the loot. Hope it gets even more varied. Grateful to have new salvageable armor! What one does not want, it sells well on the npc vendors.

Feeyo, Jaesun, Cordelayne and 5 others like this.
  11. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Unfortunately its not. Those amounts are not what you get from a vendor, even Theo ( if he still gives the best prices). The amount you get is tied to the durability of the piece.

First pic is the rusty items in my bag with the said values of..

[​IMG]

Second pic is the value of selling the item's to Theo in Owls Head...

[​IMG]

Sometimes its worth throwing away low durability items when out as they weigh the same as normal but have a negligible resale value, this includes swords, shields and other looted items.

Sure the rusty items are still worth looting and selling but you not getting the stated values within your backpack, and if you full up and cant move but still want to hunt further think about scrapping the low durability items to allow more room for better durability stuff i find.

12. Diab Blackbow

Diab Blackbow Avatar

I just end up destroying more stuff faster. I get a lot of junk that weighs one or two and sells for one gold. Also, gold and silver cups only sell for one gold.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  13. oplek

oplek Avatar

There's one thing I'd add to this... I have favored going after humanoids over animals, because animals take extra time to skin, before you can "loot" them. Having to take the time (or not) to assess what it is you want to keep is more realistic, and brings humanoid kills more on par with animals.

14. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

Someone else suggested the below, but i thought it was a very good one, so thought i would post it here.

It was good solution that should make everyone happy. Implement an auto destroy list. This way you can still spam E to loot all but when an item is added to your inventory if it is in the auto destroy list then it will just get destroyed when looted.

So if you could drag something to a auto destroy list the first time you loot that item then you will never see that item in your inventory again. There should be an is item locked/quest item function that overrides this behaviour so locked/quest inventory items can not be auto destroyed.

With this solution people that want "all the things" can still have all the things, people that don't want all the "trash" loot can just add whatever to their auto destroy list.

Edit : This is made even more useful now that it can see a difference between an item with a rare component and those without due to them now having a +? on them.

Regards
    Spung

15. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

I can't say that making inventory management take more time has ever been a positive improvement in any game I've played. Also. if adding rusty cutlery to the loot for every enemy that has two legs is a boost in the realism department, wait until you play a game where the enemy's stats are accurately reflected by the equipment they drop, it'll blow your mind.

16. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

You can actually just not loot everything. I kind of like the new loot.

Feeyo and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  17. Brewton

Brewton Avatar

One person's junk is another person's treasure! If you don't want it, don't loot it! Deco items, salvageable items, patterns.. the list goes on.

Feeyo, Chatele, Baratan and 3 others like this.
  18. Chrystoph Reis

Chrystoph Reis Avatar

Select right click delete. It's not that serious, and gives a significant boost to those who have no gold or want to decorate cheaply.

19. Dreadlord Olloch

Dreadlord Olloch Avatar

Would be nice to have an IGNORE TRASH [] checkbox that will not take all on items worth 1gp or less.

20. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I don't really agree with the sentiment that if you don't want something you can just not loot it or destroy it. It's slower and clickier to loot items individually and spawn times are tied to corpse disposal.

I doubt anyone is against more stuff, but loot management is definitely very tedious in SotA. There's probably better ways to deal with that than having less loot, but I agree with the sentiment of the OP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.