Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Black and white glowing spots [Visual]

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Quenton, Apr 27, 2018.

?

Do you experience this bug?

1. Yes, with an Nvidia card

65.0%
  2. Yes, but with an AMD card

15.0%
  3. No, with an Nvidia card

20.0%
  4. No, but with an AMD card

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

4/28/2018 9:05 AM
    Title: Cermaic Bowl plants glow (not limited to Ardoris, oops. Saw it in Soltown as well)
    Reproduction Rate: Happens randomly at certain times of night
    Blocker? No
    Details: This is the same bug reported in r52.
    Steps to Reproduce: Updating the Nvidia driver between r52 and now has not fixed this. I was training in Ardoris and all of a sudden the plants started to glow black with a white aura.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4) System RAM: 16300
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    SotA.Win.64.765.Date.04.27.18
    Area: Ardoris
    Area Display Name: Ardoris
    Loc: (62.8, 53.0, -62.2)
    Debug: QXJkb3Jpc3x8KDYyLjc3OSwgNTMuMDAzLCAtNjIuMjEzKXwoMCwgLTAuNjQ0LCAwLCAwLjc2NSl8OTg5LjM2OHwxMi4yMDE4NHw2LjM4NDYyMQ==

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
  2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

I've messed around with my video settings on multiple machines but I cannot make this happen even once.
    Can you guys post screenshots of what your Video settings are at? Not all of the UI options will show unless you scroll down, but if you screenshot it at the top and just mention if you have Cull Interior Deco, Aggressive Decoration Loading, and Cloth Simulation checked or not I'd like to try to repro.

Also please mention what Nvidia driver # you are on - but don't upgrade to the latest 397.31 as because it is a 'bad' update. (Nvidia is working on it, different issue.)
    And please post you /bug specs IF you have not yet already.

@Quenton
    @Amber Raine
    @Mikayl
    @Jaanelle DeJure

I'm compiling the following threads into this one. I like the poll you have at the top!

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ts-end-aliens-are-stealing-our-plants.122798/
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/white-glowing-foliage.123289/
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/jaanaford-funky-scene-rendering.121791/

Quenton likes this.
  3. Lexie

Also tagging @NyanMyNecks
    (Please see the post above in this thread)

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I've only ever seen it once, while standing around at a Lunar Rift... I have an Nvidia GTX 1070 w/ latest drivers.

5. coffeeislife

coffeeislife Avatar

@Lexie Thanks for deleting my comment - guess now I see why people complain about that on reddit. I'd rather not pollute the other forums - seemed sensible to put it here, where the issue is described. Also, it's not a small number of people this is happening to. Anyway, this happened in loads of zones for both me and the person I was playing with at the same time (completely different video cards, different driver numbers etc.). Off the top of my head, just go to Owl's Head (if you can load it, that is... pretty sure that nasty bug is still lurking). If the loading bug bites, as it so often does, go to some tier 3 adventure zones on that island, whatever it's called. You'll definitely see it there. This isn't caused by user's systems, game didn't have the bug a day or three ago, and one of the recent many (many, many) patches broke it. I didn't update drivers for a while now, so it's definitely not that. Definitely the type of bug that shouldn't have made it to release.

6. Lexie

I didn't delete your comment. I honestly really don't know what you are talking about. And I definitely don't see it there. I go to Owl's Head all the time on both work and personal accounts on multiple machines. But, let's not argue. I'd rather get to the bottom of it. I hope you post the /bug info as I have previously requested so we can try to find the pattern to it. We can only help if you let us.
    @coffeeislife

Feeyo likes this.
  7. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I would if I was you, stop complaining and just help with a correct bug report. I am sure she did not remove your comments. And your here to do a bug report are you not?
    Your post does not really help, its just some trolling. If you can replicate this problem, then post some valid info preferable with screenshot or even a video.
    While your at it, post a screenshot from your ingame settings. And your nvidia/amd control panel settings just to be sure.

8. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Ditto, used a lunar rift to travel to Owl's Head, popped out and there they wear. I then left town and after re-entering everything was normal. Haven't seen them since!

9. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I've gotten this several times, I ALSO have an Nvidia card. Unfortunately, it happens randomly (and rarely). I've seen it happen in Adventure Area zones as well as in Resolute and Owl's Head.

10. coffeeislife

coffeeislife Avatar

My comment was deleted, I have proof but cba to upload it to a 3rd party service. Anyway, my post wasn't 100% trolling. I gave them all the info they needed, well most of it. I have a gtx 1080, the other person a 970. We got the issue in the exact same places over multiple zones in and around owl's head (on that island). It isn't caused by user hardware so much as it is a bug they introduced recently. I hadn't updated drivers in a while, I'm on 390.77. Other person is on older drivers. They make it quite a pain in the behind to upload screenshots. I have to use a 3rd party service cause I can't seem to upload to the forum directly. Also, uploading all those screenshots and filing bug reports take a lot of time. So the game wastes my time, and then Port think they can reasonably ask someone who bought their game to do free qa for them? Even if I was silly enough to go through all that effort, I've uninstalled this buggy mess. Going to wait for a few months to see if it gets better. Good luck.

11. eruyia

eruyia Avatar

Same as above.

5/5/2018 5:16 PM
    Title: Some decorations black with white aura
    Reproduction Rate: Intermittent, seen at day and night in Owl's Head
    Blocker? No
    Details: Some decor/terrain objects render as solid black with a white aura, or just as solid black
    Steps to Reproduce: Uncertain, spontaneously happens
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6950X CPU @ 3.00GHz (20) System RAM: 32675
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GPU RAM: 11127
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: OwlsHead
    Area Display Name: Owl's Head
    Loc: (75.5, 64.6, -189.7)
    Debug: T3dsc0hlYWR8fCg3NS40NzIsIDY0LjU2MiwgLTE4OS43MTMpfCgwLCAwLjI1MywgMCwgMC45NjgpfDQyMC43OTg0fDI0Ljg0ODcxfDYuMzkwNzI0

Nvidia Driver 397.31

Note: Playing game through Steam BigPicture mode and streaming it over gigabit ethernet to a Valve Steamlink box to play.

12. Nog

Nog Avatar

I witnessed this for the first time in Elysium Mines. It was limited to the stretch of sky peeking through the ceiling of the mine. AMD graphics card.

13. Mikayl

Mikayl Avatar

I have ever only seen this behavior on foliage, and only the leaves. I've had it happen to my potted plants in my home in Spite, tree leaves in certain forest zones (that was a fun one since everything had leaves), Owl's head bushes, and other things.

Again, my experience has been that it only affects the foliage.

Turning OFF camera bloom makes the white glow go away, but the center black part still remains visible throughout the entire map.

14. Lily Byrd

Lily Byrd Avatar

15. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I upgraded to the latest Nvidia driver after this came up in release 52 and I was asked to try updating my driver. I'll have to check later which driver I was on in r52, if that helps (even though it was still broken then).

I don't understand which video settings you want a screenshot of? My options in-game are just set to the defaults, except with borderless window.

16. Lexie

@Quenton
    It's the video settings tab under Options, in game.

17. Lexie

Thank you for this. I'm going to try your exact settings for a bit. But I don't know what you are specs are if you can also use /bug and edit it into your post :) And of course checking for updated video drivers is going to be asked repeatedly by me, even though some seem to experience it after updating.

Jaesun and J a i b y r d like this.
  18. mystarr

mystarr Avatar

@Lexie I'm using an nvidia gtx 960 and I have seen this bug in past updates on rare occasion (in the Elysium Mines looking up at the light coming in from the holes in the top of the mines) and then I saw it again last night.
    • In Novia Market: It happened on some light sources
    • In Ulfhiem: I had multiple occurrences all over the screen. (I think it was where the light was coming through the trees). It got so bad that more than half my screen was covered with these glitches
    I quit the game and logged back in and the problem was fixed for the rest of the night.

19. Oakenhammer

Oakenhammer Avatar

I've had this issue numerous times before, but it is uncommon. I've encountered it mostly in the Elysium Mines looking up at the holes in the ceiling and also with the potted plants in Ardoris. @Lexie I found that unchecking "Use Camera Bloom" corrects the issue.

20. Lexie

We are trying to repro with camera bloom turned off...so far I haven't much luck, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.
    To make sure we have everything covered here are some things that would help greatly:

/loc info at the spot you see it (facing towards it while using this command)
    Your video options. A screenshot of your Options -> Video window so we can see exactly what else is checked and unchecked. This is just in case there is a special combo we need to use with camera bloom disabled....I have it now turned it off on both my work and home machines so hopefully we can get a solid repro going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.