98% Game Crash!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hurricane, May 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DooMAGE

DooMAGE Avatar

getting this problem too, can't get to the POT where my house and bank is...

Almar and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  2. Lady Kathleen

Lady Kathleen Avatar

A lot of people say the 98% load bug happens in Owl's Head, but I live is Virtue Oasis and it happens to me more there. And from what I am hearing for a few people it happens more on Hidden Vale than anywhere. When it happens I close the program and try again, it sometimes take we 4 trys before I can break threw into the zone. It happens when coming in through a siege or without a siege and even when coming in from Virtue Island by Boat, it even happens when teleporting in.

Nothing has changed on my system from before it start to now.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

For me it is not loading screen but when i enter my home and try to turn, game freezes and CTD
    Thinking about giving up house in sota (because it is of little use to me now and only eatz gold 1k per day.

If buggyness persists i look for another game, right now 50% of the sota games intented use is blocked for me.

Bigg and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  4. Kathara

Kathara Avatar

I am loving the game, but I put my stuff in a town I now can't log into. It is a POT called Veritas Sanctuary, and I've tried just about everything I can to get in. I've attempted about 20-30 times to break past 98% but it simply won't happen. It would be ok if I could get my stuff out of the bank somewhere else, but now I am stuck with a full bank and can't get at any of it.

Edit: Used hubby's pc to log in. Straight into the town, removed all my stuff from the bank and walked out. He was having problems with the same town earlier, but then it worked. Still can't get into the town with my pc so I'll move my stuff elsewhere.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  5. Hurricane

Hurricane Avatar

6. DooMAGE

DooMAGE Avatar

7. Hurricane

Hurricane Avatar

Damn, Worth a try though...

8. Ostvel

Ostvel Avatar

we are apparently up to driver 397.64 now as of the 9th

9. Koss

Koss Avatar

I'm getting this error as well now. Was trying to zone into Knightmare Falls for my buffs and cant get in at all. Tried 3 times. Other pots... no problems.

10. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Its kinda amazing that I found the fix an that nobody cares... I used to have that bug since the new artifacts and vfx... systematically.

I was locked out of many towns and it wasn't only sometimes, it was all the time like some people here.

I have posted the solution publicly and privately to devs, yet they keep saying they have no idea what causes this.

So I sparked up unity and built a similar scene with tons of preloaded vfx, performance tracking software helped me find the bottleneck, I compared against a benchmark... I did about a 100 hours of tests and fiddling with windows and graphic card software.

Now its not only fixed, my rollercoaster FPS is fixed, I get a steady performance and I can even double click stuff in the game consistently, reliably. (I used to have to use E)

Oh yes, now I can also play music flawlessly, without added lag or audio stutteting.

In fact the list of benefits to this fix is long...my game improved 200% and I did it all alone.

So why does nobody care and keep pointing to possible solutions I tried MONTHS ago that didn't work ?!

It's kind of unreal if you ask me... I can understand some people hate me... but that never stood between players and performance before.

Spoon and Almar like this.
  11. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@StrangerDiamond

What I do is add the link to the post every time I mention it.
    That way sometimes someone with better contact will pass it on.

StrangerDiamond and Jaesun like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.