Crafting Improvement Suggestion - Use Bank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CodeDaddy, May 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CodeDaddy

CodeDaddy Avatar

Suggestion... instead of always having to lug around a million ingredients and components, could those ingredients pull from your bank instead?

I'm thinking like coal, wax, curing salt, ingots, wood, that sort of thing.

To make one simple item... it would save time and make inventory management so much better.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

That would be great but would make the game more click and go imo. No planning or decisions players wouldnt use all of the sandbox ideas of the game and why have fun features like tenant status if there is no need for it? There are other options like getting the tenant status from someone for the crafting pavilion of your choice to place a chest. Just one thought;)
    Edit

Olthadir and SmokerKGB like this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Put a Remote Bank Access Device in your crafting area... That's what I did.

Hornpipe, Elwyn and Lained like this.
  4. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I'd back this idea only if it pulled items banked in the same scene where you are doing the crafting. Including basements

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Remote bank access devices can only be used by those on your lot access list, which is why I did this:

[​IMG]

6. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

It would make the game far more playable and fun, I agree with you. But playable and fun isn't the primary goal of a certain section of this (and many other MMO's) community.

There has been a prevailing attitude here (and again, it's the same in other MMOs too), that unless you're doing everything the hard way and bleeding from your eyeballs, it's not a real game.

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I'm aware...
    • My bank is mere steps from my crafting pavilion already.
    • I can't put a POT NPC on a lot so it can't be inside the crafting pavilion.
    • As with many things, I eagerly await a Permissions Systems Overhaul.
    While I would like to provide access to the Remote Bank Access Device to anyone using the Crafting Pavilion, at this time is it place there for Me, as I'm already on the Lot Access List.

Barugon likes this.
  8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

If you're speaking of Local Banks, the main proponent of the feature, causing your bleeding eyes, is @Lord British.

9. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Do not overdramatize.
    When i make for example bows i do batches of what i need, with the proper planning (and an ring of brittle brawn) the whole process would not be much faster than with magic bank delivery.
    It is all about setting things up proper, not the magic bank vault.

10. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

That's just the point. I don't believe I'm over-dramatising at all. There are plenty of examples, on this forum, of people demanding the systems in the game are as difficult as
    possible, with this sort of underlying idea that if something's easy (or heaven forbid, fun), that it's a step in the direction of WoW*, or similar, and must be avoided at all costs.

*NB: I've never played WoW in my life. No desire. But I've played enough games and read enough of Raph Koster's Theory of Fun to know that the hard way isn't right every time.

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Please show me a documented case of Shroud of the Avatar causing anyone's eyes to bleed.

12. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

You know the answer to that already - so why are you asking? Don't try and belittle the point I'm making - because it's absolutely a real phenomena on this forum - with comments like that. Thanks.

13. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You're the one that made the comment about the game making people's eyes bleed, and then immediately turn around and claim you're not being overly dramatic...

To your point about systems in this game being less pablum than most... Let's look at them and who the progenitor and primary proponent of those systems is:
    So, the greatest offender, and primary cause of your life essence leaking from your Ocular Region (since that's actually happening, and you're not being overly dramatic), is the Founder and CEO of Portalarium, and Creative Director for Shroud of the Avatar. It seems to me that if you want things to be easier with any or all of these systems, then you're really not wanting to play a Lord British game and might want to re-evaluate.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  14. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Actually, the comment wasn't that at all. You need to go back and, (a) Note that it's a turn of phrase that's not to be taken literally and, (b) Wasn't a comment on
    what the game does, but a comment on how some would like it to play, versus being anything construed as easy or fun. So, thank you for the long reply that, I dunno,
    is perhaps meant to continue this belittling theme you've got going on for anything I say... but you're barking up the wrong tree as you've misread/understood what I said.

15. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

I hate easy and fun, there are plenty of games that are, and they breed easy and fun players (the not polite expression would be "Happy Morons")

I want games that are complicated, need sweat and tears to get anywhere.

In that regard i judge sota a little bit on the light side though, Dying for example is not even inconvinient.

I mean, combat rezzing...really???

16. golruul

golruul Avatar

I suggested this before (with obvious restrictions like whatever is in local zone's bank) and received a surprising amount of dislikes/hate for it.

Apparently constant inventory micromanagement is a extremely fun sport for some people.

17. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

Inventory micromanagement for a micro-community. Fair enough.

18. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

and not be able to place crafted items "into" the bank (no full access)...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.