Bludgeon and plate pattern

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Thunderwolf, May 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Thunderwolf

The Thunderwolf Avatar

Hello

Is there any Bludgeon pattern around ? There is none in the store and I would be willing to buy some. Why only swords and polearms ?

Same things with plate armor, the only one is the cloackwork that I find really ugly, and again, there is a lot of light armor pattern. Why no love for plate armor ???

GIVE LOVE TO PLATE ARMOR ! PATTERN AND STATS WISE !!! please.

2. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

I feel you man! More bludgeon patterns! I was also searching the online addons store, but found 0 :(

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Yeah, plate doesn't really get the love right now and it's disappointing. Of course having said that there are folks who would probably argue the same for magic, ranged, etc. I think this will eventually get fixed, there's no way plate can stay in it's current form given how it has become all but useless when compared to Bone or even some Chain. Just my thoughts and two cents. :)

Lord Trady of Blix and Feeyo like this.
  4. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

I have been a bludgeon user and plate wearer for years now. They both really need some major love.

Doesn't help that patterns for bludgeon weapons uses 4 different types of patterns for 4 different types of weapons. Hammers, axes, wands and staves all under the same bludgeon tree and that isn't even taking in to account 1-handed and 2-handed bludgeons.

EDIT TO ADD: Long Club, Lich Warrior Axe, Satyr Axe, Kolbold Electric Axe, and Kolbold Steam Hammer are some of the 2-handed bludgeon patterns that you can get in game thru salvaging.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  5. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There’s 0 bludgeon patterns available in the store currently. There ARE patterns available in the game however, from players. Like I bought the Vile Mace pattern from an NPC vendor a while ago.

I assume (but don’t know for sure) but I would assume there’s Plate patterns also available from players as well. I use Chain so I haven’t paid any attention to Plate stuff.

Feeyo and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  7. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

The norgard great axe looks like a giant executioners axe

Feeyo likes this.
  8. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Samurai plate armor PLEASE!
    Domarus, kabutos, kote! the leather ardoris armor aint cutting the mustard for my samurai dreams!

9. The Thunderwolf

The Thunderwolf Avatar

We should spam this tread or another to have something done about it :)

10. Floors

Floors Avatar

I agree. I think many players have all the kickstarter rewards so they have many rare eternal patterns and forget that new players are restricted. we definately need more weapon types in add on store; its a no brainer; it makes port happy and keeps players happy that are new.

11. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

We seem to have a fair amount of cloth patterns, an abundance of leather patterns, but chain and plate are extremely limited.

For chain, your options are basically the elven set, or something from a pledge/telethon (founders, darkstarr now)
    For plate, your options are clockwork or founders.

For most weapons, even bludgeons, there are actually quite a few options in game:
    Spiked Clubs, Spiked Norgard Club, Norgard War Axe, Steam Hammer, Electric 1h Axe, Electric 2h Axe, Long Club, Morningstar, Satyr Axe, Lich Axe ...and that's off the top of my head.

For blades you've got messers and montantes and chainswords and slagswords and flamberges...
    For bows you've got elven long/short bows that can be gotten from loot
    For polearms there's a ..bardiche? or something for a 2hander, and ...well, not much really for 1hander that I can think of (can you get pattern from bandit spear?) However there's quite a few telethon spear rewards and buyable options here as well.

Wands have two options - thorn, or ice, both from telethons. There are no purchaseable or, as far as I'm aware, in-game available from loot wand options, unless the cabalist wand makes a pattern but its a bit unrealistic to expect people to scrap 100 of those seeing as I've looted 1, ever, in months of cabalist massacre.

These are your big gaps in gear - WANDS, bows, spears (from loot), platemail and chainmail. The plate/chain is really a largerissue since you can't even dye the base pieces, everyone looks like a walking ironworks....:(

Cordelayne, Oyjord Hansen and Feeyo like this.
  12. Pounce

Pounce Avatar

Maybe give crafter some choice in applying designs (and please make it not another gold sink, we have plenty of theese in crafting)

13. Leostorm

Leostorm Avatar

Yea heavy armor still waiting on the metal tints.

Cordelayne likes this.
  14. Tsumo2

Tsumo2 Avatar

Maybe they could have a custom spray paint shop you could take your plate armor to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.