Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Disappearing vendor after placement

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Vallas (Beran’s Reach), May 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Vallas (Beran’s Reach) Avatar

1. Title: Disappearing vendor after placement
    2. Reproduction Rate:At least 1 instance
    3. Blocker? Yes
    4. Details:I placed a commission-free vendor at my plot in Beran's Reach (town-sized, the High Rock Brewery, directly opposite the main bank), at which point 'Bernard the Tavern Vendor' disappeared. I see him reappear just left of the current vendor, 'tellen arms and armour' after logging in, but only for a split second. I suspect this might be a wider issue, so reporting it as well as helping for a hand on this.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Unsure, how I simply placed the vendor. I was at the edge of the plot on placing, so that may be a factor.
    6. User Specs: -

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Can you please do a /bug at the location please? I'd like to at least take a look.
    Also please email support@portalarium.com this information so they can look at this as missing item (account relating) issue.
    Very strange.
    @Duke Vallas

3. Thief

Thief Avatar

@Lexie

Here is a youtube video :) Just happened to me as well.

4. Lexie

@Ferohir
    /bug so we can get the coords please. Video is awesome but the exact spot is what we need

5. Thief

Thief Avatar

Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 16327
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti GPU RAM: 6097
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01a_template/Beregost
    Area Display Name: Beregost
    Loc: (130.1, 38.0, 168.9)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxYV90ZW1wbGF0ZXxCZXJlZ29zdHwoMTMwLjEyNiwgMzcuOTk3LCAxNjguODc4KXwoMCwgLTAuNzU1LCAwLCAwLjY1Nil8MjYxLjk3MzF8MTB8My4zMzAyNjc=

Lexie likes this.
  6. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Vallas (Beran’s Reach) Avatar

My vendor returned, however there seemed to be no logic to it and it wasn't after a single restart.

7. Thief

Thief Avatar

I restarted, changed the instance did not help. It appear by itself about 30 mins later.

Lexie likes this.
  8. Lexie

Stickying this thread in case we get more clues to this 'mystery'
    Is this happening to any others out there?

9. Toff

Toff Avatar

Ok, so this just happened to me too. I have 2 lots next to each other and this is what I found....I'll use Lot A and Lot B.

I removed my vendor from Lot A into inventory

I tried placing vendor on Lot B, it appeared for a split second then disappeared. I found the vendor back on Lot A where I removed it from.

While standing on Lot A I could interact with the vendors menu but I could not pick it up. Logging in and out or changing scenes did not help.

Then...here is where it gets really weird, While Standing on Lot B next door I was able to grab the vendor off Lot A and place in inventory again.

Then I really screwed up because I also have another lot in town we'll call Lot C. Like a complete moron I tried placing the vendor on that and you guessed it....the vendor jumped back to Lot A again, but this time the lots are too far apart so I can't stand on Lot C and see the vendor on Lot A to pick him back up.

I hope this made sense.

Toff

10. Toff

Toff Avatar

Follow up.... The last Lot I tried placing the vendor on was Lot C, but of course the vendor jumped back to Lot A, however.....If I property manage and store Lot C the vendor is removed from Lot A then when I restore Lot C the vendor re-appears on Lot A gain. I'll let you fine people make sense of this :)

11. Toff

Toff Avatar

Follow up to my follow up :)

I got my vendor back. So the last lot I tried placing the vendor in was Lot C, he popped back to Lot A. then I stored Lot C in property manager, the vendor disappeared from Lot A when I did this. Then I waited about 10 minutes and restored Lot C and the vendor was there on Lot C where I tried to place him and I picked it up. Seams like some sort of Lag issue.

Anyway, I hope this helped more than it confused :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.