Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Loading stuck @99% 98% (Equipping Avatar) post /bug info

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Hornpipe, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeeby

Skeeby Avatar

If i wait long enough it eventually finishes loading but the game ends up using 100% cpu and i get .5 fps, not an exageration.

Once it starts getting hung up on loading I have to reboot to fix it.

bdonham and Hornpipe like this.
  2. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

Try to "/bug" it next time. (just type /bug in the chat window and paste here the message it copies for you).

3. Kalidorn

Kalidorn Avatar

Turned off aggressive deco loading and went into solo mode got right into the town ive been stuck trying to get into upon a guild mates suggestion it works from the overland and teleporting.

4. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

I find that after long play sessions, then re-entering the game, I get 3FPS at 1080P on a 1080ti have to reboot it to fix it. Very annoying. When I see this, GPU usage spikes to 70% and drops back and hits 100% repeatedly. I have 70% vram usage on the GPU, I have tons of RAM not being used. Next time I encounter it I will capture more info.

Waldo Ptolomy

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that sounds like the driver is unloading. the hotfix from nvidia a couple of days ago was supposed to cover that.

6. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

I tried turning off cloth sim and put everything to lowest and aggressive off but it didnt help me, I didnt take off cloak though, but got in in ways I mentionedin earlier posts.
    I did however also try in private so noone else would have been preventing me loading, next time Ill try stripping, as it is when it says equipping avatars.

7. Waldo Ptolomy

Waldo Ptolomy Avatar

Downloading and installing the hotfix now. Just seemed to happen around the time of the last release of Shroud, Hopefully this fixes the reboot problem.
    Thanks Alley Oop
    Waldo Ptolomy

8. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

5/7/2018 5:26 PM
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18

Just happened to me again, on the same account tthat it keeps happening on but this time on main pc.

Got in this time by stripping naked and turning off aggressive loading and cloth sim. not sure if any have anything to do with it or chance but after stripping naked I went straight in.

9. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Everyone also make sure their video card drivers are up to date. I can't stress this enough.
    We are finding a lot of issues are happening due to out of date Nvidia drivers. A LOT of them.
    Just one example: A clean install of Windows 10 - the default drivers don't work properly with Sota and will cause chronic crashing.

10. Aeysa

Aeysa Avatar

Acaelus's suggestion works for me 100% of the time now so that is how I get to my house. I don't have the framerate issue though.

11. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

No "Program Not Responding" message, the program just hangs, usually on 98% for me. At this point the program says "Equipping Avatars" but I suspect it may be an issue with loading deco. I noticed strange behavior with deco not loading on the one occasion I did manage to load into Verat whilst this bug was affecting me, and had terrible frame rate and lag, it was like being in a stress test. I have also had my deco unload when I leave my house but stay in the same instance on a few occasions.

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4) System RAM: 32767
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 3992

Nvidia Drivers 397.31 (04/25/2018)

12. DooMAGE

DooMAGE Avatar

The problem is not driver related, to make sure I even installed the latest hotfix from Nvidia.
    I had the problem again just now, trying to go to another POT. The good news is that I was able to get a output_log.txt from Unity.
    @Lexie I hope it helps, lots of errors and shaders issues, please check the link bellow to see the full log, let me know if you want it uploaded to another service.

@Berek
    @Chris

https://text-share.com/view/a23e5401

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    Nog and Steevodeevo like this.
  13. Marron Flamehair

Marron Flamehair Avatar

I would like to add I am having same issue. My town is Ordinis Mortis.

It happened all day on and off May 2nd(I think). Someone told me about logging into world map first. That worked. Since then it has been hit and miss. I have tried various combinations of logging into Town direct, world map then town, world map then a different location etc.
    Yesterday after the Dragon event problems getting back into town and logging back in after restarts. I even tried recalling back - same again. Gave up and went to bed!

this morning logged straight into town but for how long.........

Intel core i7-5557U 3.1GHz with turbo boost up to 3.4GHz
    Intel iris graphics 6100,up to 3839 MB Dynamic Video memory
    16GB GB DDR3 L Memory
    1000GB HDD

I think everything is up to date.

Please sort this asap. Thank you

Nog likes this.
  14. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Was helping some guy out on discord yedterday, he was trying to get into New Brit Market to purchase something for about an hour
    Eventually got him in but hed tried everything on the list, in end I logged into game and partied him and he was able to teleport in,

@Marron Flamehair The one big lifesaver Ive found if you live in a town like this is to log out in the town before you close the client. It seems to be fine if you log in in the town, and once youve done that you can
    leave and enter as often as you like without issue, unless you logout elsewhere then youll have to struggle to get back in.

Marron Flamehair likes this.
  15. Phoenix007

Phoenix007 Avatar

I am suck on 98% also with NVIDIA patch.
    5/8/2018 7:08 PM
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16319
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU RAM: 8079
    Area: POT_forest_metropolis_01_template/Allaman
    Area Display Name: Allaman
    Loc: (203.4, 39.3, 127.6)
    Debug: UE9UX2ZvcmVzdF9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEFsbGFtYW58KDIwMy4zNSwgMzkuMjk1LCAxMjcuNjEzKXwoMCwgMC40ODcsIDAsIDAuODczKXw1OC4zMDk2MnwxMHwxMS4wNjUwNw==

16. Bjorn Dyonisys

Bjorn Dyonisys Avatar

Card drivers with NVidia up to date and crash happens a lot of times in pot or I found myself stuck in the loading process at 98%. Never done it before since last release it appears and this is beginning to piss me off... Enough to avoid the game sometimes and that's sad.

Bigg likes this.
  17. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

5/8/2018 1:50 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: Unable to get in Diamond Fields.
    I was able to get in Port Phoenix, but it took at least two attempts.
    Steps to Reproduce: Try to get in Port Phoenix then Diamond Fields after that.
    On second attempt to try to get in Diamond Fields, the game froze while the avatar was still materializing.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4) System RAM: 16326
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series GPU RAM: 4072
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-317.2, 11.7, -329.5)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgtMzE3LjE5MiwgMTEuNywgLTMyOS41KXwoMC4wMDIsIC0wLjg0NiwgLTAuMDA4LCAtMC41MzMpfDEzOC4wOTE2fDQwLjM4Mjg1fDIw

18. Nog

Nog Avatar

Problematic Player Owned Towns that I've repeatedly tried to enter that have frozen each and every time at the 98% loading screen in the past 2 days:

*Falling Waters Fortress
    *Virtue Oasis (in Hidden Vale)

Note the suggestion to turn off aggressive deco and play as single player have not alleviated the problem. There is also no option to enter from World Map because persistent sieges have been going on in both places.

Windows 10 64-bit
    Intel i7 4920
    Radeon R9 270 (updated card a week ago)

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  19. dimarkus

dimarkus Avatar

I have not been able to get into the game at all since a couple of days. Loading gets stuck at 54 or 65%.
    It does not matter if I want to continue where I left of, or go to the overworld. Both do not work anymore.
    Driver is up to date.
    :(

20. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Please try turning off 'cloth simulation' in the video settings and restart the client completely please. It is at the bottom, a checkmark box.
    This may not make a difference but this is something else we are looking into - and every bit of info helps.
    Other folks - please try this as well to see if it makes any impact whatsoever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.