Stuck at 99%, any dev news?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2112Starman, Apr 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Has anyone here heard the devs talk about this issue yet? I know I have seen it posted here a lot. This is happening to me a lot in our guild PoT Serenite and when I go to owls (several times a day). Enough not that its really ticking me off having to dump Sota at least 2-3 times before I can get in the zones. Im really concerned about this, I have had no problems with this client since persistence and usually zone in 10 seconds and now zoning is taking a lot longer and its just locking up. If we have new players experiencing this, I sure hope they arn't quitting and Im really surprised this has not been fixed yet.

2. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

I've had random CTD's(Crash to Desktop), times when the game will get stuck at a certain percentage of loading, and times when the game will not shut down. The times when it doesn't shut down I have waited more than 15mins, and, at a point, I get tired of waiting and will just kill the game process. I'm running Ubuntu Linux, and Linux is running the older version on Unity. Apparently, this seems to be an issue that spans different OS's.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  3. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

It only works well for me, if instead of going Quit, I go to Main Menu first, it unloads the map I guess and then Quit, works a lot smoother and never crashes. My client been working fine as far as zoning goes. But I run SoTA from SSD. I haven't had disconnects for a long while... but then again, the last time I went to Owl's a few time, it was in Offline game... so yea. Can't really be considered same experience.

4. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

Using SSD as well. As far as the lock-ups when quiting, it rarely happens, but it does. Normally, it seems to happen if I run the game for like 5+hours and then quit.

5. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

It happens exactly when the game loads the sound drivers to start the scene.

I also notice with my monitoring tools that anytime I use the music system or walk in a region with alot of sounds, my FPS drops massively and the game begins to stutter.

I am suspecting windows stupid stock settings, again... trying to find the problem as it affects my FPS so I posted about it in the performance thread.

6. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

I know this is purely anecdotal, but if it helps anyone....

I was struggling to enter some zones, with the client hanging at 98%.

I took off all my gear and zoned in naked just fine. This has worked 100% of the time for me.

Again, I know it's just anecdotal, and using a very small data sample, but try it, folks, if you're getting stuck.

Andrew Silverston likes this.
  7. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

I would like to ask any devs, if each equipment item is linked to a different sound channel, if that is the case it would be an easy fix.

You know how your armor makes sounds when you for example sit down or go afk ?

There is a sound when you equip items as well, so maybe the combined channels from all the equipment and ambiance sounds are conflicting and it causes the hangup.

Good clue !

Woodchuck likes this.
  8. Nog

Nog Avatar

I have only sparsely ran into the 98-99% locked loading on a few occasions until the last few days. Now I'm seeing it a lot when I attempt to enter a player owned town. Has this issue gotten worse in the last few days or has the major issue always been player owned towns?

I've now tried to enter the same town 3x and it locks at the loading screen at 98% each time. What's more frustrating is the town is under siege so I've dealt with that annoying time expenditure each time.

Edit: 4 straight failures to enter due to locked loading screen.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  9. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

It's about time we occupy Brittany and rally against the 1%!

10. DooMAGE

DooMAGE Avatar

Spoon likes this.
  11. Synergy Blaize

Synergy Blaize Avatar

Funny you should mention this.... I tried to teleport to Serenite 2 times earlier & "played the 98% game" both times --- (used up my scrolls & I went nowhere :( )
    I had to Ctl-Alt-Del to get out of the loading screen.

I rebooted my PC, made sure noting superfluous was running in the background & I then tried another small POT & the same thing happened....

Then I teleported to Brittany & made it!

I played for several hours & zoned many times & it never happened again? I even zoned into the dragon event without any issue.
    It's bizarre (& getting very annoying :( )

I hope the Devs are trying everything they can to fix this issue.

12. Rhunen

Rhunen Avatar

Try disabling Aggressive deco loading in your video settings, that helped out a guild mate the other day. (I'm not in game at the moment, so it may be worded slightly different)

Woodchuck likes this.
  13. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

I hereby nominate this post for Post of the Year 2018.

Last year's award ceremony was held in Central Brittany, but no one was able to attend. This year we have to hold the ceremony on the overland map.

Synergy Blaize likes this.
  14. uosylence

uosylence Avatar

I get the 98% crash a few times a week, I also just get random PC lock ups on this game and never on other games like Fallout 4. I don't have a new PC this year, but is only 2 years old, Nvidia 960, 16 Megs RAM, SSHD.

15. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

I have had the crash a few times, but inconsistent and not enough to determine anything. Usually when entering Rift’s End from a seige scene. Also had it entering Etceter from a seige. Maybe significant??

Almar likes this.
  16. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I usually crash specifically entering Rift's End - always at 98 percent.

Almar and Synergy Blaize like this.
  17. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

At least that number is consistent

Almar, Synergy Blaize and Nog like this.
  18. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

19. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
  20. DooMAGE

DooMAGE Avatar

Daxxe Diggler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.