Welcome New Players!

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Berek, Jun 9, 2016.

1. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello there and Welcome to the game @Qvothe Raven.

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello @redfoot88. WEll lots of questions and some are opinions only you can answer for yourself. Yes UI and things are still being improved upon from feedback and much more is coming. You will not find this to be a completed everything is done game here and it will continue to be developed with releases every month to add fixes, changes, etc to the game. So no answer stands. You have joined a roller coaster ride and feedback with examples is much appreciated and helps the most imo. So for lots in towns click the p key repeatedly to see the light shining above them or got to the town crier to see also if lots are available. As I have mentioned I am majoria in game and I am happy to help.

Nog likes this.
  4. Skyson

Skyson Avatar

1.HELLO! am a new player I would say without playing it I am at 57% interested, I am or have been an avid tabletop gamer for most of my life and I love both heavy plotlines and dark fantasy storylines chaulked full of intrigue elements... previously I tried wow and was hooked due to having a 300+ members guilds (this was about 7 years agos) but after that I really fell away from playing MMOs, till the cinamatic using the darkest dungeon art style cuaght my eye and really sold me on the idea of joining up.
    2. I have not started playing, however, I Do not want a seizure-inducing cartoonist drawn super anime rodeo with thousands of do this or die that leaves me exhausted with little reward
    also. no gold farmers, fledgling economies are awesome. it sucks when the radish you want to buy costs all your days efforts and reduces the atmosphere of the game to a gold rush scenario "better get those epics to sell". Alos perhaps make banking a limited at best convention outside of guild/group banking making the players more dependant on each other and less likely to go into hoarding frenzies when the economic botter does become a problem, ( bots kill so many MMOs.)
    3.I want to enjoy a community and to develop an enjoyable game, while not having the pressure of learning a 34 step rotation. A game where I can be a baker or a bear breaker at my own whim.
    4. mayhaps? implementation of such mechanics are seldom seen, however, if a small buff for baking did exist that allows for other players to make better rolls on their attempts at buffing without being too dramatic that would be pretty neato. If I never saw a single gold farmer? I would be wow'd too many farmers exist plainly as a way for interest groups to make money or for individuals caught up in china's penial punishment release system to honestly keep fighting them forever but it would be nice to see.(20% Increase) it would be a sign of the strength of game as well as the ability of the dev to keep their players safe.
    5. it would depend on how well the mechanics work but I could see another 5%-11% interest gained, it would be odd but I could imagine helping on a raid for a mission and turning down equipment for a "special" guild made/grown only ingredient as my own playstyle.
    6. I want to sink my teeth and attention into a great story and world building it would be cool If I could get functioning titles like a "plebian landowner" that gave me a vote in a major city and how it changes based on such votes.
    7. gradual tech up based off research that is determined by intellect and a research skill, nothing past flintlock guns but it would allow for gameplay choices that are stat based ( ever seen Girl genius? great webcomic).
    8.yes. however, this sounds allot like a genies wish.

Ravenscar likes this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello and welcome. No one can guarantee the game to you since what's on the other side of an expectation? This game is not that imo. What it is really is best experienced with an open mind all the while realizing it is a very young game still undergoing many additions and changes, fixes, and implementations of new content, new systems and more every month. What you can see going in game can look different each and every day. This game provides opportunities to be what you want to be.

For example earlier today I came in game and started working on a musical project I am puttering on. Yes we do have a music system in the game. Then a friend I met in the game in 2015 came online and a few of us went to grannus Colossus, a higher tier area for an XP run and to enjoy getting some of the new loot things that just came in.

Then back to my project and I get a few whispers one from someone who wanted to get 7 players together to sync a special song from final fantasy with him. So we all checked our friends list and asked a few people to join us for a jam session. In the meantime a newer player who had only played 5 weeks whispered me asking a couple of questions and I said hey you want to join our jam session and he did join even though he knew nothing about the games music system yet he was soon playing away with us.

There is so much to this game no one can begin to tell you in a few words and really everyone's words would be different based on their own experiences. This dev team is determined to try to give us most of what we ask for over time .I truly do believe this. In the mean time we create a world.

Looking for group did just make it in this release so too late I thought wow I could have created a looking for a group to play songs to try this new system out.

Sorry for the lots of words but that is me sometimes and I did forget I also planted some mandrake too since I was running out.

So I will stop here and we don't have gold farmers in this game pribprob since we don't have a regular chat window like many MMOs.

So for me I was looking for a home tired of wandering from game to game. You can always check out the devs on livestrean on the 4th. It is always one of my favorite times.

6. Empathia

Empathia Avatar

Hello everyone :)

Loving the game so far & deffo a 10 outta 10 from me.

Lots & lots to learn. I play online & have also tried offline. I think it would be a good idea to have the player merchant still there in Ardoris in the offline version, so even though offliners are playing alone they could still have just ONE place in game that they could trade equipment, recipes, crafted goods etc.

I'm not a techie & don't know how easy this would be to set up, but just an idea/suggestion to make the game more enjoyable for offline players

7. Mordicon

Mordicon Avatar

Greetings everyone, Have about 30 hrs of play time so far and having fun. I am on the fence with the raffle to get a house deed, not sure why this system is in place. I am a long time player of UO I was one of the Beta testers back in the day for 2 yrs then went on to play the game for 4 yrs I am reconnecting with old friends and teasing them into looking at SotA. Keep up the good work. I do have 1 question .. Well I have many but 1 for now Why only One Char slot?

Thank you for your time

Mordicon

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

The Lottery is just that, a chance and at a really cheap cost. Are you going to win? Probably not, but really the cost is really cheap.

Some backers have multiple accounts, depending on the pledge they did. The rest of us will have to wait till an option for a second character is available on the store. There’s no ETA on that yet.

Oh and welcome!

9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome @Mordicon to the game. I am majoria in game and I want to say don't stress about housing. You have time to decide. It took me two years to get a house in UO. There are many options to housing in this game now. Playing the raffle is one and you can win but in the meantime don't live out of your bank get a room and many amenities from that choice like planting, ability to use tax-free vendors, ability to place chests and deco and more. I offer free rooms as do many others. Hit me up in game anytime.

Jaesun likes this.
  10. Mordicon

Mordicon Avatar

Option on the Store???? This is not a option. sigh!

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

There are other options. Deeds drop as loot now even if rare you can find them in loot bundles. Also a guy who is living in the town went to an event for new players and won a tax-free row bundle. Just enjoy the game and get yourself settled and then figure it out. I have players who live in my Inn and don't worry about it and just play the game and then it just happens from the lottery, from an event win, or a loot win or they love the game enough to invest and get their row bundle, but no one can say what is right for any player. If they love the game and have fun in the game that is what matters. And if buying on the store is not an option you will totally not be left out. Anyway come and see me in game anytime and lets have some fun.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Mordicon and Jaesun like this.
  12. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

It will be, but we have to wait till they add it. ;)

I know I will be purchasing one as soon as they add it! (Hopefully during a telethon).

Of note, if you didn’t know, during the monthly telethons, they have stretch goals, and as long as you spend just $5 on the store, you will then get all of the stretch goals they achieve. :cool:

13. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

14. Danni

Danni Avatar

Hey all Guess I can't play yet but look forward to trying it out ! played ultima back in the day lol

majoria70, Ravenscar and moxiepilot like this.
  15. moxiepilot

moxiepilot Avatar

You're not the only one who grew up on that :) pre ultima online....

16. Moonlake

Moonlake Avatar

Hello, Moonlake here from the Midnight Runner guild ... old UO Europa ahh back in the day :) Enjoying the game so far, been a week in , having a blast, enjoying the grrrrs as well as they yayy's :)
    So hello from me and the guild there are only 4 of us left so far and a few lost on the way :( *waves madly*****Hello hello hello*** :)

17. Oldsup

Oldsup Avatar

Hi all:)

moxiepilot likes this.
  18. madgar29

madgar29 Avatar

I been a supporter since this project was announced, I waited in till now to try to start playing.... IM SO LOST!!!!!!!!!! is there new player guide or something??????

Ikas likes this.
  19. Ikas

Ikas Avatar

Welcome @madgar29!

You will find several new player guides in the forum.
    I guess you can start here

Also, I recommend you to go on Discord, the official chat channel.
    Very active, the community is welcoming and available to answer your questions: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=5

Last but not least, don't hesite to use the ingame chat!

20. loganross

loganross Avatar

Well I'm a god and you will wurship me