Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

[Responded] Loading stuck @99% 98% (Equipping Avatar) post /bug info

Discussion in 'Critical Issues (Blockers, Performance, Crashes)' started by Hornpipe, Apr 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DooMAGE

DooMAGE Avatar

Same issue :(
    Did my unity log helped somehow?

2. Lexie

Lexie Bear Queen Emeritus

Darn. This is a specific area we were looking at. And you had restarted the client fully, right?

3. dimarkus

dimarkus Avatar

Thanks for the tip.
    Tried that, restarted PC, but no luck. Still stuck loading at 64% equipping avatars.

4. Kalidorn

Kalidorn Avatar

I was able to bypass one town by going into solo mode and with aggressive deco off now I have another town blocking me out at 98% even with those things in effect. Nvidia is up to date, I'm standing on my left foot holding tin foil in my right hand. Whats next, Juggle and tap dance and sing the Catalina Magdalena Lupensteiner Wallabeiner song. Cause i will do all that and more cause for me it has made the game as a whole unplayable. I can go some places but if I have to crash every other town cause a bug is holding me back whats the point. Sorry to vent patience is not my best virtue. :(

5. Ailander

Ailander Avatar

Same problem for me as well when i try to enter the pot Lockbrier since few days. Completely unable to enter in town it stucks with the phrase "98% equipping avatar", i tried every and single things written in this thread and nothing changed.
    Windows 8.1 pro
    Intel Core i3-4170
    Nvidia GeForce 740 GT (updated to 397)

6. Omegaflux

Omegaflux Avatar

1. Title: Game freezing during loading scenes
    2. Reproduction Rate: When it happens once it is usually 90-100% repeatable. Sometimes during low player time the game loads through with no issues
    3. Blocker? yes
    4. Details: Game locks during loading screen from Kingsport to Knight's Watch
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Multiplayer with many variants to aggressive deco loading, cloth simulation, lowering resolution ect - no change
    I cannot accurately gauge when this began as it was present as soon as I returned from overseas so either R52 or R53.
    On my desktop (sorry do not have specs on me but it is an ASUS Power spec with GTX 1070 and 16GB RAM) I completely uninstalled SoTA and did a fresh reinstall. - this did not fix anything; same issue load locking at 98% from Kingsport to Knight's Watch
    I updated the Nvidia drivers on my GeForce GTX 1070 on my Desktop with no change to the repeatable load screen freezing gup the game.

I recently purchased a new ASUS laptop built with a fresh clean SoTA install on it and get the same issues as with desktop
    6. Laptop Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 32GB

7. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

well well @Lexie - updated my nvidia GTX980 driver to 397.64 from yesterday and now I am stuck Resuming at loading 98% Veritas Sanctuary Equipping Avatars...
    with Avatar "Reniar"
    spec see my sig

Edit: logging in after restart of client with "Rentiera" into Veritas Sanctuary with no problems

playing with Steamversion and steam overlay

Edit2: closing client and restarting it and logging in with"Reniar" again - Resume now loads without problems....

Edit3: On a side note: the 10k day XP-Reward was already given on stuck resume for "Reniar" but the chat log did not register it! (I checked my screenshots taken yesterday and today after succesful login so I am sure the reward was given)

Last edited: May 10, 2018
  8. Rook Strife

Rook Strife Avatar

Happened again today

Was able to quickly resolve again by playing with gear / graphics options

Stripped character of gear, turned off volumetric lighting, depth of field, aggressive deco loading.

Quick solution people can try if they just want to play

discipleofweb likes this.
  9. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

@Lexie @Chris @Berek

My guess is that the server is not responding under certain situations. Some info that might help:

Bug only seems to occur right after logging in.
    Loading into an unaffected scene before teleporting to an affected scene will usually prevent the bug from occurring
    Bug only occurs when loading to scene (overland unaffected)
    Bug seems to be linked to decoration loading.
    I have soft crashed immediately after managing to load in to Verat Chaos on a few occasions (Client hangs but no crash notification or bug report generated)

10. dimarkus

dimarkus Avatar

In my case it does not matter if I load a scene, or if I start in the overland. Both options resort to a stuck at 65%

11. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Becoming more frequent for me.
    Just now happened 3 times before I could finally get in game.
    Happens in Owls, POTs, Novia Market, Greymark Forest, Overland and multiple machines and settings.
    Does not seem like an Nvidia Error since I have the latest drivers on each machine.
    Nvidia Driver 397.64

5/13/2018 6:45 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: not 100% but about 40%
    Blocker?
    Details: Try to log into game. Sometimes it gets to 98 / 99 % and stops.
    Steps to Reproduce: If I touch the screen with the mouse it turns white and crashes.
    If I don't do anything it will sit there for hours but stuck.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HK CPU @ 2.70GHz (8) System RAM: 16255
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU RAM: 8081
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: Novia (others at Owls head, Novia Market, Dragomir Mori, New Heaven
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (-453.4, 13.4, -191.8)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgtNDUzLjM3NCwgMTMuNDEsIC0xOTEuODQyKXwoMCwgLTAuMDMzLCAwLCAtMC45OTkpfDIzLjQ3NzAzfDM5LjI0Nnw0MA==

12. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

I was able to get into POT's today by removing the Shroud, Bonesteel Crown and Heart of Sorrows before I go in.

I guess the VFX causes problems with the POT loading.

13. Mekile Stormwind

Mekile Stormwind Avatar

ok I have spent several days now trying to figure this out. I have tried every suggestion in this long post and nothing works. And it seems to be getting worse. Ive seen here that "it is an nvidia driver issue" but nvidia tech support claims its not them. Ive seen another suggestion that it is a unity issue. But unity claims its not. How ever it only seems to happen with the only game I play on the unity engine. I play other games with high graphics requirements and don't have any issue at all. But long story short ever since the last release there seems to be more bugs with stuff than ever before and it only seems to be getting worse. Please correct me if im wrong. But its getting to be a "JOB" just trying to play Shroud.

And yes all my drivers are up to date. My windows 10 version has all the recent updates. Ive even tried on an older version windows with the same nvidia card and had same issues. ive tried every suggestion listed here.

Oh and in windows 10 if you have Task manager open when the client hangs up at 98% loading it shows "Program has stopped responding" in the task manager window. Ive even let it sit for as long as two hours to see if maybe it would eventually finish loading

14. Mekile Stormwind

Mekile Stormwind Avatar

@Lexie I seem to have found a fix for this. Well for windows 10 anyway...………….. There is an update for windows 10os that does not auto update for some reason. You have to do a manual update for windows. Once that is updated ya have to reinstall the latest Nvidia graphics driver, then goto properties on the SOTA.exe and set it to compadability mode for windows 8 and also set it to run as administrator. For 12 hours now I have not been able to lock up or crash the client at all and have changed scenes many times. Doesn't seem to be any issues now so far. *keeps fingers crossed*

*UPDATE this also seems to have fixed many other issues which are listed in these forums under several headings. (IE Turn and crash, Change scene and crash, enter owls head and crash< enter tenebris harbor and crash) all of it I don't seem to be crashing at all now... However watching resource monitor it still seems to cause GPU usage to bounce off 100% consistently on an Nvidia 780. But its not lagging or crashing the game so far>:p hope this helps others

Rentier likes this.
  15. Lilunai Laurasia

Lilunai Laurasia Avatar

1. Title: Game freezing during loading Hidden Vale (overworld map) (this is new)
    2. Reproduction Rate: When it happens once it is usually 90-100% repeatable. Sometimes during low player time the game loads through with no issues
    3. Blocker? yes
    4. Details: Game locks during loading Hide Valey
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Multiplayer with many variants to aggressive deco loading, cloth simulation, lowering resolution ect - no change.
    I cant load overworld map, my avatar are in Hidden Vale. Game crash at 99%.

---> I will try to update my windows 8.1.

16. Ailander

Ailander Avatar

i don't know how much this is related (to be honest i was just disperate) but it seems that if you turn off the UI (press f9) before entering a POT make you avoid this issue. I know sounds crazy but so far after 10 test i entered 10 times on the first try. Hope this helps untill they decide to fix this issue

17. Acaelus Fireharp

Acaelus Fireharp Avatar

After several failed attempts to load into Verat Chaos, I checked Windows Update for optional updates, and found a net framework quality rollup update.
    I installed this update and reinstalled my (latest version) Nvidia drivers then managed to load into Verat on the first try.
    Early days yet, but looks promising, will keep you posted.

Mekile Stormwind likes this.
  18. Xkillerz

Xkillerz Avatar

I like to add something to it me and guild mate both needed to water plants and kept getting the 98% bug until the next cycle. I had it with cotton today gave them water in 3rd cycle and then 4th cycle they become mature I could not enter the player owned town between that period. I did enter with a teleport scroll but that was when the plants were already mature. Could you take this with your research its maybe a solution there for 1 of the 98% bugs.

I have updated everything and have the newest windows 10 and tried reinstalling the game between that period.

19. Beazlebob

Beazlebob Avatar

I posted this on a different thread relating to POT's, but have decided that I should repost it here as it is directly related to the problems everyone else here is having.

Title: Game is broken.

Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?

Details: if I load in, in my home town, Player Owned Town on login, game freezes the moment I move, I go away and come back half an hour later and it is still "not responding". Happens on many highly populated POT's , seems not to be a problem on little tinpot POT's, that have fewer vendors.
    Same thing occurs every time I try to resume.
    I can "Start on world map", but the loading screen freezes anytime I try to get back into town.
    I can recall back into town on most occasions, but occasionally the loading screen will freeze when recalling.

Similar thing is happening in places like owl's head, but anyone would expect that they could cause problem due to their size and the amount of crap on display.

Update:

It seems not to be an issue currently since windows 10 updated the other day, but other people I know are now having the problem that I am no longer having.
    In fact one of my friends only started experiencing the problem immediately after downloading and installing the latest video drivers.
    I have a suspicion that it is somehow connected with towns that have vendors that were modified with the new skins that were introduced, because it only seems to be happening in towns that have them.

Steps to Reproduce: Boot the game, and try to play.

User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4) System RAM: 8085
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.Win.64.773.Date.05.01.18
    Area: Novia
    Area Display Name: Novia
    Loc: (127.8, 12.1, 107.0)
    Debug: Tm92aWF8fCgxMjcuODE5LCAxMi4wNTEsIDEwNi45NzcpfCgwLCAtMC45OTksIDAsIDAuMDM0KXwxMjguNjMwNHwzNy45MDM0OHwyMA==

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  20. Beazlebob

Beazlebob Avatar

No I was wrong.
    Although it came good and was all working fine yesterday after the windows update, it has decided not to work today and once again freezes at 98% when loading into either of the two towns that it is crucial for me to get into. (Both Knightmare Falls and Lake Cusibo).
    I can however get into the couple of little tinpot towns up the road no problem.

I was also wrong that it might have something to do with the reskinned vendors, because I just managed to get into a town that had one.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.